The Empire at War ... The Gamers Guild > Skirmish & Warband

First Mordheim Game - List needed

(1/11) > >>

warhammerlord_soth:
Next Friday I'm playing my very first real Mordheim game.

I need a 500 Gc list, and am playing Reiklanders.

The game will be between 6 players

All suggestions, tips, tricks, strategies, etc. are welcome.

wissenlander:
Reiklanders are a good band, so you're off to a good start.

Max out on characters as they will benefit you the most along the way in a campaign.  That's really about all I know as my experience is limited.

MrDWhitey:
Been told many a time that max shooting wins.

Also sounds incredibly boring doing that.

Duce:
yay reiklanders. same warband i play.

heres one of a few you could try soth.

my current is:

captain
mace/mace
bow

2x champion
mace/mace on one, mace/dagger other
bow

2x youngblood
mace/dagger

HENCHMEN

4x marksman
mace/dagger
bow

3x swordsmen
sword/dagger

The above warband gives you more before routing, 2 sets of archer sniping to control lanes and two sets of 4 melee people. this gives you a decent chance to take hits with youngbloods or swordsmen and have heroes protected. or you can work with two groups of 3 and 1 melee guarding each of the two sets of marksmen.

another more random but giggleworthy warband could be:

captain
mace/mace
bow

2x champion
mace/dagger
bow

2x youngblood
mace/dagger

HENCHMEN

4x marksmen
mace/dagger
blunderbuss / longbow

move and fire as you approach the enemy, and if they try to bunch up you fire the blunderbusses taking hopefully one guy down a time. also means you can criple a few hopefully befor emelee starts and rout them easier.

up to you though.

Moxer:
Max on heroes, take lots of sharpshooters, do not bother with armour, except maybe helmets for your captain or champions.

I'd suggest (without calculating):

Captain, mace, longbow and mace or sword
champion mace+ mace or sword
champion mace+ mace or sword
youngblood mace (+mace)
youngblood mace (+mace)

3 Sharpshooters, longbow, mace
2 sharpshooters, longbow, mace

I do not know if this fits into 500 gold, but it is a very hard list (maces are so cheap and dual-wielding is sadly the way to go in mordheim).
If it is over 500 take away one shooter from the bigger unit.
Strategy: Champions are your close combat units, use them to screen the archers. Captain has a very good BS, so he shall shoot too as long as possible. That reduces the risk of losing him early too.
The youngbloods are too weak to fight alone, but they level up very fast. Keep tham a bit back and charge them into a fight with a stunned or prone enemy to finish him off and rake in EXP.
The archers shoot of course, but with mace and their free dagger they are dangerous in CC too.

One advice: NEVER jump down from a building. Skaven heroes might do this, but humans only cripple themselves when they try...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version