home

Author Topic: Working on Middenland Army by -SaH-  (Read 19864 times)

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
Re: Working on Middenland Army by -SaH-
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 10:00:56 PM »
the rumors about Empire as a starter in 9ed - maybe after all this years we will receive new knights? :)

This is my dream, too - I have a small pile of bitz for conversion of these models into some sweet blazing sun knights.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 12:29:49 PM »
I also some time ago planned to make some conversion - but more in mercenary scheme.
I bought heads form Bretonnian MaA with those wide helmets (kettle hat) + round shields from chaos marauders and spears from vampire counts skeletons (they have realy nice wide blade).
Maybe soon I will assemble one of them, I'm realy curious how it will be fitting all together.
I'm planning to paint them mostly in metalic colours (as the are some kind of mercenary) with only little blue or white elements.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:40:39 PM by -SaH- »
To fight Chaos on the battlefields, not to grow rich and fat in the golden halls of the capital, that is the purpose of our Cult! - Boomed Luthor's voice at the Council

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 10:45:36 PM »
So, after carving and preparations I started painting after 3-years long brake.
For first fire I throw 4 halberdiers - part of a 40-men strong unit.

I choose dark blue scheme as of Middenland.
As You can see, faces are still big problem for me. I think I will just drybrush them for the regular soldiers and pay attention only to heroes, monsters and knights.
But I think now I better put my white colour - so this is a good thing.

On photos I found some details to improve, they also need some more highlights - but after I will make bases they are ready to play.

Below You can see them with Command Group that was painted about 3 years ago. I think whole unit will be good looking on the table.
To fight Chaos on the battlefields, not to grow rich and fat in the golden halls of the capital, that is the purpose of our Cult! - Boomed Luthor's voice at the Council

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 08:24:44 AM »
looking good, I might suggest to try and paint a small black line in the eyes though, they look rather ghostly now
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 08:13:22 PM »
StealthKnightSteg - I'll try, but me and faces painting aren't soulmates, if You know what I mean :)

I wrote before about mercenary-theme knights - so I made three of them, for now they are without round shields. I planned to make 6 of them - 3 more knights must go to the bathroom and wash off old paint :)

For now, they look like this:

Offline Eltrummor

• Members
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »
Great knights! How did you convert them?
The Empire does not take you seriously until you've sacked Nuln

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 10:40:04 PM »
Horses and bodies are form Empire Knights, heads form Bretonnian MaA and spears from vampire counts skeletons.
I will give them also round shields from Chaos Marauders.

From spears I removed skeleton arms and drill hole in Empire arms (mainly I use militia or knights arms) so the spear is better attached to them.

And the idea is very old, I bought all bitz about 3,5 years ago  :smile2:

Offline Ad A Dglgmut

• Members
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2014, 01:22:21 AM »
I love those knights!  I'm planning something very similar for my Stirland army so it's good to see something along the lines of what I will be doing.
Usually I have a female mage holding my Rod of Power   :-D

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2014, 10:26:44 AM »
Here's a link you may find helpful concerning skin tones / faces:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2570007_PaintingFacesMasterclass.pdf

Try to paint the faces first and only two layers and a wash before painting the eyes. Then you can use the skin tones to correct the eyes if anything goes wrong.

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2014, 07:38:54 AM »
THx, I found a guy with wash (some reikland something) so we will try it on couple of minis.

As for knights - thank You for kind words.
Three more are now in bath, so this week I hope all of them will be assembled and base-coated.

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2015, 08:35:56 AM »
Another year - another come back :P
This time I show picture of freshly finished halberdiers, including 4 You can see above.
Next I think will be command group for those halberdiers, another regular soldiers and maybe I will start working on some Wizard.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2015, 11:07:15 PM »
 :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2015, 04:13:21 PM »
So, I nearly finished my Light Wizard.
Pic isn't the best one, but for now I can't take better one.

The coat was painted in yellow, and then more and more highlighted into white. In real it looks quite good - and it makes me happy. I'm not happy for overall painting - it doesn't look "clean" and I'm making too strong highlights (I think).
And base of the mini is temporary one, I'm not sure how to make it more familiar to the halberdiers bases.
Elf mage is for comparison reasons ;)

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »
nice wizard, love the use of the Brettonian parts.  steveb