home

Author Topic: Hiking ... and Camping ...  (Read 27 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Summer has arrived! : )
Hiking ... and Camping ...
« on: August 05, 2022, 06:23:33 PM »
Anybody into hiking and camping :icon_question:

Got out last week and went for a short hike up in New Hampshire at Mt. Kearsarge.  Took my 80 year old mother with me, and at first she wasn't sure she'd made a good choice, although once to the top, and then back down to the bottom, she enjoyed it.

Here's a google search  of images of the place ... https://www.google.com/search?q=mt+kearsarge&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&vet=1&fir=zAYw-vOrs9K9hM%252CQJwr1ZGmQHS7mM%252C%252Fm%252F0606z8&usg=AI4_-kT11_1QPls5794fLg9JmMMbsqs0Ow&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjng6Pop7D5AhUrjokEHeOJDHkQ_B16BAhtEAE

When I was in my younger days, back then did way more hiking than in more recent years, although need to get back to doing more.

Here's a guy (no, not me) that did a video of his hike to Longs Peak in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDTiQs9LCs0

... this is the kind of thing I'd like to get back into doing again ... perhaps at some point.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Sharkbelly

Re: Hiking ... and Camping ...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 02:05:37 AM »
I love hiking and camping. Sounds like you had a good trip!

Offline Captain Tineal

• You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 03:03:57 PM »
This is my JAM!!
I camp 4 seasons, solo, with friends, whatever.

I moved to Cape Breton Island 2 years ago, so now I can camp in the mountains and on the ocean shore, and I live right on the edge of the provincial park so there are piles of places to hike. I highly recommend coming here for an outdoors getaway.
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Summer has arrived! : )
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 02:08:31 AM »
Yes, it was a very good trip.

As or Cape Breton Island, I have not been, but look forward to it.

Also, some of my best memories are from my earlier years of hiking, and camping.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra