home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537111 times)

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2010, 03:46:56 PM »
Yeah, because the 30k from Mountain Dew was all spent on cocaine, right?

No, that went towards my wife's 50k in medical bills because she and the boy nearly both died.  :closed-eyes:
.... :unsure:
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #251 on: July 23, 2010, 09:43:39 AM »
Yeah, because the 30k from Mountain Dew was all spent on cocaine, right?

No, that went towards my wife's 50k in medical bills because she and the boy nearly both died.  :closed-eyes:
.... :unsure:

:icon_mrgreen:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #252 on: July 23, 2010, 10:03:50 AM »
I just lost 3 games in a row yesterday...  :ph34r:
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #253 on: July 23, 2010, 10:07:37 AM »
That should teach you not to start a row.

Yawn.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2010, 10:56:53 AM »
Row row row your boat gently down the stream ...

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #255 on: July 23, 2010, 02:25:41 PM »
winning is more fun than losing, but losing doesn't have to be a bad thing, unless it is against those nasty Brettonians.  steveb

Offline McKnight

• Members
« Reply #256 on: July 23, 2010, 02:39:51 PM »
Its not fun losing when you cant do much about the game. Its okay to lose a game that was balanced and the outcome wasnt given in turn one.. Silly warriors of chaos.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2010, 06:05:03 PM »
So I just destroyed it with a girl I really like...

edit-

thought I should elaborate.

So known this girl for a while, mentioned her before here as well. Anyway met up when I was in aus last week. Hung out abit then later that night htings got frisky but I couldn't really stand to attention so she kicked me out of her house at 4am (sort of understandably...) As I live near the gap the words "where can I get alcohol at 4 am and take me to the gap" didn't really fill my cabbie with confidence (the gap is a big suicide spot).

anyway, some reason she gave me a 2nd chance and we hung out again and as I was home alone after seeing a film we went back to mine.

THINGS WENT AWESOMELY WELL LIKE FAAAAAAAAAAAARK.

really awesome umm but the next night I was with my best mate and we opened our bottle of 95% alcohol we got in Rome for our 21sts (T17 get some it's incredible just make sure you mix it or if you down bottle caps do it straight because it burns the fark out of your mouth if you leave it resting for a while - found that out the hard way).

So pissed out of my brain I texted her and she replied in a snarky manner to which I sent:

"I'm a born winner, I was put on this earth to make a difference, to be the best you have to beat the best and I'm undefeated. My style is everlasting. I'm never going to back down. I win, you loose. The world is mine."

she replied:

"oh honey, idea of you beating me in anything is ridiculous and I only hung out with you because I was bored and now you're boring why bother"

tried to call her in the morning after but she never picked up... ouch.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 06:35:39 PM by Nicholas Bies »
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2010, 06:55:29 PM »
"I'm a born winner, I was put on this earth to make a difference, to be the best you have to beat the best and I'm undefeated. My style is everlasting. I'm never going to back down. I win, you loose. The world is mine."
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2010, 06:57:15 PM »
it wasn't anything special dude... it was the speach from a showtek song (edited slightly) while incredibly drunk. I was just dumb enough to send it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaa7aDsIwOM
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline McKnight

• Members
« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2010, 10:02:35 PM »
Oh well, shows you that she isnt worth fighting much for.

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2010, 01:19:38 AM »
Yea, getting snot dripping drunk with a girl you really like often does not end well.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2010, 03:25:30 AM »
Yea, getting snot dripping drunk with a girl you really like often does not end well.

And therefore, what is the lesson we learn Ben?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2010, 03:42:07 AM »
when drunk and texting, make sure you say something totally awesome not totally fail.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2010, 04:08:01 AM »
Best bet is to always quote a really great movie or TV show. You can never go wrong with Spaceballs or Arrested Development quotes. Try to stear clear of the more obscure films and shows, though. Invader Zim is hilarious, but it will only get you into the pants of a specific demographic.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2010, 05:49:37 AM »
Best bet is to always quote a really great movie or TV show. You can never go wrong with Spaceballs or Arrested Development quotes. Try to stear clear of the more obscure films and shows, though.

What oximoronic advice. I love it!
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2010, 06:24:27 AM »
You can never go wrong with Spaceballs ...

"I'm surrounded by assholes!!" doesn't make a lot of friends though.... :icon_wink:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2010, 07:22:54 AM »
It's okay, though. I'm my own best friend.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2010, 08:47:12 AM »
You can never go wrong with Spaceballs ...

"I'm surrounded by assholes!!" doesn't make a lot of friends though.... :icon_wink:

"She's going from suck to blow!" isn't a great pick-up line either...

Offline shavixmir

• Members
  • Tum podem extulit horridulum
« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2010, 08:51:53 AM »
I think one of the best pick-up lines I ever heard was:

"What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?"
"It's not so bad."
"Yeah. That's what I mean, what are you doing here?"

I think it was in a film.
Everything of value is vulnerable

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2010, 10:49:58 AM »
The best pick-up line I've ever heard is in Dutch so it'll need some explaining, it goes:

"Ik heb geen openingszin, maar jij hebt een opening en ik heb zin."

Openingszin is Dutch for pick-up line

Basically, before the comma it reads: "I don't have a pick-up line,..."

The rest of the sentence is a bit of wordplay concerning different meanings of the same word.

'Opening' is rather similar to its English meaning. It can refer to a start, like in 'opening gambit'. An opening is also a word for a hole, be it an opening between a line of troops, the entrance to a tent or a crack in the floor that shows you the floor below.

'Zin' means 'sentence' in Dutch. So 'openingszin' is literally 'starting sentence', so the line with which you start the conversation. The term can be used for any conversation but mostly relates to pick-up lines.

However, 'zin' also means something along the lines of 'wanting something pleasurable'. "Ik heb zin in taart" means "I'd like some cake". Without a topic to refer to in the same or a previous sentence though 'zin' plainly refers to sex. I want to have sex.

So the whole of the above sentence can be translated like: "I don't have a pick-up line, but you've got a hole and I want sex." Much better in Dutch you'll agree.  :icon_wink:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2010, 11:40:28 AM »
You could make it a lot better in english if you dropped the word 'pick-up'

"I don't have an opening line, but you have an opening I'd like a lot" 

:engel:
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »
Funnel clouds outside my apartment complex yesterday. luckily nothing touched down. We have been without power since 3pm saturday, its 9am monday and we finally got it back. I am watching over an orphaned white kitten while my girlfriend is at class. I have to make sure the bigger tabby cat doesnt kill the little dude.  On a lighter note the little white kitten (Apollo is what we are calling him) is sticking to me like glue as if I was her mommy.  I'll post some pics up in the pet picture thread once I've loaded them up.  The kitten strangely has one blue eye and one green...and wont seem to shut up if I am not around!  Couldnt sleep last night. too hot and the kitten was crying for a better part of the night.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2010, 03:20:52 PM »
How big is the kitten?  Is it old enough to eat regular cat food?
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2010, 03:40:26 PM »
it wasn't anything special dude... it was the speach from a showtek song (edited slightly) while incredibly drunk. I was just dumb enough to send it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaa7aDsIwOM
If it was true, you wouldnt need to say it
and if it wasn't you come across as a douchebag.

I have no idea how it would even be possible to be drunk enough to think sending that was a good idea.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.