home

Author Topic: Howdy.  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Aalthiel

• Members
Howdy.
« on: June 23, 2004, 02:22:15 AM »
Hey what's up guys. I just recently got into warhammer, and decided to go with Empire, and was directed to this site. So here I am :)
I am Aalthiel of Kreeshar city of the Empire.

Offline Count Albert Kropp

• Members
Howdy.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 02:29:59 AM »
Awesome. This is definitly the best empire site. Hopefully with its help youll win many battles
Shoot the bastard

Offline Aalthiel

• Members
Howdy.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 02:33:30 AM »
Well I might want to get my army built up first  :biggriin:.
So far I have built 18 Swordsmen, I am going to prime them in GW White Primer tommorow. And 8 Knights also priming them in GW White Primer tommorow. Maybe I could get some tips on painting? All of the colours I have are the ones that were on the back of the box  :winky:

Offline Tsetsen Muur

• Members
Howdy.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 02:53:33 AM »
Quote from: Aalthiel
...Maybe I could get some tips on painting? All of the colours I have are the ones that were on the back of the box  :winky:

http://www.paintingclinic.com

Painting clinic is a great place to learn about painting, although you might want to skip the high detail stuff and just get to playable.

Also, if you live near a GW store, stopping by for a lesson isn't a terrible way to go.

I generally work from the inside out - skin, clothing close to the skin, armor, then trim.  Everything gets confused with more complicated models, though.

Adding water to you paint, so that it isn't to "pasty", is an import thing to learn, as are washes and drybrushes.

I think the most important rule for me, personally, is that an army that is entirely painted to a decent / good level of quality looks better than an army that is half painted to a great level of quality, and the rest bare metal.  That's just my personal taste, though, and other people may strongly disagree.

Offline dead 'ard greatsword

• Members
Howdy.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 05:13:32 AM »
Welcome to warhammerempire.com i hope you enjoy your stay like a drink (beer, hot chocolate, coffee, elven wine, bugman's XXX)
i'm back and better than ever...
i'm back from making things better...

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Lord Of The Flaggelents Of Nuln

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
Howdy.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 01:03:43 PM »
Welcome to the Empire!

Personally I find (and many people with me) black to be a better undercoat for painting as it adds instant shading.

White can be good though if you plan on using a light colourscheme (using yellow for instance).
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Howdy.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 02:56:10 PM »
for knights, I'd recomment black primer.  Metallics go MUCH better over black.

Most of the Empire infantry color schemes involve reds and yellows, which demand a white primer.

Offline Heiglot

• Members
Howdy.
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 03:56:18 PM »
I prefer black under coat because, priming it white then having to paint over darker areas and parts such as the lines in the clothes on their butts and shoes.

I have some new minnis with a better colour scheme which I will use for my engineer army. ;) And one detachment of them as halberdiers for my Sigmar army as that lord lent them to my leader on his quest for good. :)

Offline Aalthiel

• Members
Howdy.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 06:53:36 PM »
Yea, I got some black primer to now, so hopefully your right about it being easier :D. I just applied the primer and a couple people told me only wait about an hour then you can start painting others told me a whole day, :/

Offline Heiglot

• Members
Howdy.
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 10:08:01 PM »
What!?!? I don't even wait 10 minutes and it works perfectly fine with me. Don't listen to such perfectionists. Doesen't it take long enough to paint the damn models?

Offline Aalthiel

• Members
Howdy.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 10:25:06 PM »
As soon as I get this darn thing working I will post a pic of my very first model, and damn yes it did take a long time to make it and yes it look horendous! Mwhahahaha :D

Offline armlessfred

• Members
Howdy.
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 10:25:53 PM »
@heiglot....too true
Personnally welcome blah blah blah, i like to use black undercoat since it gives the paints so much darker shades and im not a fan of imaculate regiments of state troops. But it really depends on your colour scheme, so do tell.
*insert something funny here*
Like->if you haven't got the testicular fortitude to at least stand and fight, you're not worth listening to.