home

Author Topic: WolfLair Army Builder  (Read 4448 times)

Offline Aalthiel

• Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« on: June 23, 2004, 04:16:28 PM »
Does anyone else use this? (WolfLair.com Army Builder)

I know it's pretty old, but I just can't find any Warhammer list for it. If anyone has any could they please give a link, or email me them at admin@gamer-files.com Please and Thank You.
I am Aalthiel of Kreeshar city of the Empire.

Offline bigrin42

• The Old Ones
  • Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 05:08:45 PM »
Launch Army Builder (make sure you have the latest version installed, 2.2c), and then clickk the "Locate File" button.  Updated army list files will be shown.  Click on the latest Warhammer one (June 1, 2004) and then click "Download".  Follow the signs and jump through the disclaimer hoops.

Viola!  Not too difficult really.
Brad G.

http://www.sleepless.to/brad

- Warhammer-Empire Technical Support: Making your experience worth every penny you paid for it

Offline Aalthiel

• Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 05:19:21 PM »
Ahh I see, thank you very much misoir! (Sorry I can't spell anything French worth a flip even if I was born it! :lol:)

Offline Orcrist

• Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 05:24:22 PM »
I tried this out, and army builder looks very helpful. Is it worth purchasing?

Offline simonp

• Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 05:26:22 PM »
Yep, it's great. No more messing around with a calculator trying to get things to fit and you can use it to see what different army lists look like too without having the armybooks.

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 05:37:31 PM »
My skills in adding and subtracting are questionable so Army Builder is a godsend to me.  Be sure to double check your list with a calculator.  Over a year ago I noticed the numbers were off but have never discovered an error since.  

Brace yourself for the people who absolutely detest Army Builder (we all know they sleep with their calculators under their pillows).  In the end it comes down to peronal taste.  

Army Builder organizes your army fairly well with misfire charts, magic charts, etc.  It's extremely easy to use and cheap!

-Grutch

Offline Orcrist

• Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 06:03:17 PM »
Cool- how much money does it cost?

Offline bigrin42

• The Old Ones
  • Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 06:30:17 PM »
Right now, it is $33 to purchase the downloadable version (more for CD).  Also, if you purchase now, you can get the free upgrade to V3.0 (TBR - Fall 2004).  For more details visit http://www.wolflair.com.

Just remember that the army files are made by fans for fans.  I.e., don't expect them to be perfect.  Make sure you check your final lists with a pencil and calculator before heading off to the tournament.

Also, if you use ArmyBuilder, please read the sticky on posting army lists with army builder.  Do not just copy and paste the raw AB formatted text.  You will be burned and burned bad.  Fair warning given!
Brad G.

- Warhammer-Empire Technical Support: Making your experience worth every penny you paid for it

Offline Schmeisser

• Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 06:36:34 PM »
Couldn't resist it :biggriin:
Congratulation on the new Avatar bigrin
Is the regiment finished yet?
Makes me want to repaint all my RnF.

Schmeisser.
" ..there is no act, however virtuous, for which ingenuity may not find some bad motive."
Thomas Jefferson, April 19, 1803.

Offline st1v xtr1m

• Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 07:15:50 PM »
33$, eh? i got mine a LOT chepar, if you know what i mean  :twisted:
but that's only because i'm a dirty bastard :wink:
sigless

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 07:38:12 PM »
Good program, well worth it.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline xnet445

• Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 08:11:30 PM »
Quote from: Schmeisser

Schmeisser.

Makes me even more resolute in never, ever posting a pic of anything I've painted. :x

My boys look bad enough without being compared to Bigrin's :oops:
Quote from: sawgunner101
(these rumors are) like getting a free candy bar, but only if you let somebody kick you in the nuts first.
[/quote

Offline squig87

• Members
  • The Dude
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 09:01:28 PM »
I'm no math genius, but I add my lists up in my head if theres no calculator about. Keeps the cobwebs out I suppose.

Von Wais emailed me the army builder crack ages ago, but I have no idea how to implement these things and have no real interest in it.

Squig
Citizen Erased

Offline Aalthiel

• Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2004, 09:46:58 PM »
Quote from: xnet445
My boys look bad enough without being compared to Bigrin's :oops:

But thats exactly it, they are your boys so you should take pride in them no matter what ;) I am working on my first ever model right now, and the sword was close to the head, so I messed up on the feather right next to it, now there are silver feathers in the hat! Silver and Red!

Offline bigrin42

• The Old Ones
  • Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 10:09:14 PM »

Schmeisser.

Sorry to drag this post off topic, but thanky you very much for the compliments.  I am currently converting up my handgunners, so it will be a while before more painting gets done.
Brad G.

Offline Biggs Hancock

• Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 02:35:18 AM »
This army builder thing sounds really good. It is a shame that GW can't produce something similar, maybe for twice the price and with loads of bugs in it. Or they could even bring out a version that only covers half the army books so that you have to buy two discs just to get the complete package. I would certainly pay good money for that.

(OT: A little good news that I would like to share with the group: My tour ends in 2 days and I get to go home to my wife and cats. If I am not around as much then it is because I am play games instead of surfing. I'm off to Iraq at the end of the year so you'll 'see' a lot more of me then. Thanks for all the advice, I am looking forward to putting it into practice)
Biggs Hancock

Do you really believe that in the real army we would ever say "Look out, Sir!"?

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2004, 02:40:09 AM »
Quote from: bigrin42

Schmeisser.

Sorry to drag this post off topic, but thanky you very much for the compliments.  I am currently converting up my handgunners, so it will be a while before more painting gets done.

Aw, he's a showoff :lol:
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline anarchistica

• Members
  • The Fonz
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2004, 10:44:35 PM »
Quote from: Biggshancock
This army builder thing sounds really good. It is a shame that GW can't produce something similar, maybe for twice the price and with loads of bugs in it. Or they could even bring out a version that only covers half the army books so that you have to buy two discs just to get the complete package. I would certainly pay good money for that.

Well if you've ever heard people go on about how much the 40K army builders by GW suck and how they rarely ever update them, i wouldn't recommend it. And i doubt GW has someone answering questions about their builder all the time, even on forums. ;)

Also, you can get the latest WFB 6th edition datafiles here. I constantly upload beta files of the next official datafile so it's the most up to date. Also, if you register you get an email every time i upload an official datafile (plus, there's pics of the latest GW stuff in the photo's section).
Army Builder 2 Datafile Manager - Latest updates here. Includes 7th edition Empire!

Offline Sahn

• Members
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2004, 08:20:31 AM »
actually, AB will also auto-notify you of updates.....maybe not the second they come out, but it will let you know when the debuged versions are ready, and autoupdate if you ask it to.

but as said before....CHECK your work, AB does still make errors.  also DoW is not availible and some special characters don't work right.  watch out for crack copies, have heard of many complaints of them not working with beta 3.

again, remember to check your work!  many players have come to me at tournies and said "but Army Builder let me build that army".  it ends up there is some math error due to an item reducing the cost of a unit, or some other wierd glitch.

Offline anarchistica

• Members
  • The Fonz
WolfLair Army Builder
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2004, 10:09:49 PM »
Quote from: Sahn
actually, AB will also auto-notify you of updates.....maybe not the second they come out, but it will let you know when the debuged versions are ready, and autoupdate if you ask it to.

No, really? :P

It won't notify you the second i upload the new update, it's usually a couple of seconds later since i have to change certain info in Wolflairs automated notifying database. And a couple of seconds after that i upload it to my Yahoo group so you get the notificating mail.

but as said before....CHECK your work, AB does still make errors.  also DoW is not availible

You know, it still surprises me how many people don't even bother to read the IMPORTANT part of the AB WF6 opening screen or check the FAQ...:roll:

and some special characters don't work right.  

Like? Karl Franz is the only one i know of...

watch out for crack copies, have heard of many complaints of them not working with beta 3.

Er...what?

again, remember to check your work!  many players have come to me at tournies and said "but Army Builder let me build that army".  it ends up there is some math error due to an item reducing the cost of a unit, or some other wierd glitch.

Examples? There are sometimes things that slip past, but it's very difficult to cheat with AB (except with character-mounted cold one chariots :P).
Army Builder 2 Datafile Manager - Latest updates here. Includes 7th edition Empire!