home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 643345 times)

Offline commandant

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #10825 on: October 02, 2017, 07:38:41 AM »
"Can he pass the ring back through a crack in the wall and get more of us in?" Mortus asks

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10826 on: October 02, 2017, 08:57:43 AM »
[He could, if it were widened slightly.]
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #10827 on: October 02, 2017, 12:33:59 PM »
Heinrich attempts to widenthe crack.  :icon_redface: (Not a euphemism you perverts!)
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10828 on: October 02, 2017, 02:33:26 PM »
Heinrich levers the stonework apart as much as he can. Julian does the same on the other side. It's now possible for Heinrich to push the ring through.
If I wanted to.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10829 on: October 04, 2017, 01:29:24 PM »
"Heinrich, here take my tinder box," Admund says trying to push the small box through the crack. He draws his belt dagger and cuts a rectangle from the end of his blanket roll and also passes that to Heinrich.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10830 on: October 06, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »
If Heinrich opens the stone sarcophagus (the lid is heavy, but his strength is sufficient), he sees the bestial vampire lying within. Its eyes are open but it is motionless. There is a small collection of items at the bottom end of the sarcophagus, near the vampire's feet, but it's hard to see exactly what they are.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #10831 on: October 07, 2017, 12:52:10 AM »
Heinrich glances at the objects, and decides immediately he wants nothing to do with anything owned by a vampire. He will attempt to lop the thing’s head off, then light it all on fire before retreating back to the others.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10832 on: October 07, 2017, 01:09:42 PM »
Heinrich's axe severs the immobile vampire's head with a single stroke. As that happens, the vampire makes a noise that sounds curiously like a sigh of relief, as though an ancient soul has been freed at last.

The remains catch fire very quickly when Heinrich kindles them. Smoke pours from the sarcophagus, threatening to fill the tomb in a matter of moments. Heinrich goes back into the still, cold water, again trusting to the elven ring's power. He emerges again on the shoreline, soaked and chilled but unharmed.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10833 on: October 12, 2017, 11:58:17 AM »
“Bloody Sigmar.” Admund says glancing at the smoke escaping the crack in the tomb. “You finally put the damned thing to rest?”
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #10834 on: October 15, 2017, 08:48:16 PM »
Heinrich claps Admund on the back with a smile. “Unless removing its head and burning it has no effect, it should be finished. If that doesn’t do it, then I don’t know what could.”

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10835 on: October 18, 2017, 11:09:29 PM »
The vampire's destruction will hopefully have ended the malignant influence cast by these ruins. No longer will the ghastly god of murder whisper into the dreams of the citizens living above.

There is nothing else to see among the ancient elven ruins. The party can return the way they came, through Groenewoud's secret temple (where his body still lies) to the slaughterhouse above it. The night has almost passed - it will soon be dawn. There's no immediate sign of Max and Ragni, who were told to take Groenewoud's intended sacrificial victim to safety.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10836 on: October 22, 2017, 04:26:59 PM »
Admund fights back a smirk at Heinrich, and nods. He gathers his things back into his sling bag. With the others, he back tracks up through the ruins. He walks slowly scanning about, incase more of those things should appear.

When they climb back up to wear Groenwoud's body lays, he pauses and takes a swig from his waterskin. "What do we do with this cunt? Should we just torch this den of darkness, eh? Then back to the inn?"

The din of the riots and commotion creep back in. Admund is unsure of what awaits him outside.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10837 on: October 22, 2017, 05:34:07 PM »
"I wouldn't have any objection to that," Mortus says.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10838 on: October 23, 2017, 10:20:50 AM »
"a good deed well done Heinrich and a great evil ended, Grungni willing" Julian clasps the man's shoulder

*Julian engineering skill check, could we burn this "safely", or demolish the entrance with bombs?*

"What are you suggesting we burn? and add to the devastation of the city? What if it spreads to the other houses, soon enough John the Fisherman's house is gone and his wife and children are homeless." Julian shakes his head. "If we can't do it safely we leave it for the watch"

I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #10839 on: October 23, 2017, 11:02:10 AM »
Hans nods at Julian's words. "Not worth it, we've smashed his disgusting little shrine. I say leave the doors open and let the black caps find him. Hopefully it gives his customers something to choke on."

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10840 on: October 23, 2017, 04:40:51 PM »
Admund spits on the floor. “Think th’black hats might be a bit busy with the riots and all. Who knows what other cultist trash is hidden in this place. I fear it will fall into some other cunts hands.”

“You’re right though, we don’t need a neighborhood fire. Let’s slip out then and try to get back to the Inn. Hopefully the riots are contained and Elftown can get to us.”

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10841 on: November 04, 2017, 03:57:39 PM »
Mortus will leave to go back to the inn, carefully

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10842 on: November 08, 2017, 03:39:29 AM »
Admund follows Mortus outside. Carefully looking about for signs of the riot. He will suggest the group sticks to alleys and side streets and avoid the watch.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10843 on: November 18, 2017, 01:56:27 PM »
Julian thinks it would be possible to set fire to the slaughterhouse building without  much risk of the fire spreading elsewhere: it's beside the canal and has no other buildings in immediate proximity. It would also be simple enough to collapse the building with bombs if he wanted.

However, the scene in the hidden temple is incriminating enough for the deceased Groenwald that it's unlikely to be necessary to conceal anything.

The group return to the yard above. The sky is lit by the dawn glow, but the ominous scent of smoke is on the air. Elsewhere the city is burning.

They set off, keeping to alleyways as much as possible. As they approach the Paleisbuurt district they come across a makeshift barricade that blocks the road. It's manned by people who look like ordinary citizens. Everything seems relatively calm at the moment.

The group will either have to cross the baricade or go back and take a longer route to their inn.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10844 on: November 18, 2017, 08:18:26 PM »
Mortus will suggest taking a longer route

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10845 on: November 18, 2017, 11:26:45 PM »
Admund nods. “Aye. Probably best to not get in the middle of this. Let’s go ‘round.”

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #10846 on: November 20, 2017, 08:32:57 PM »
"Ordinary folks shouldn't be our enemies in this city, should they?" Hans asks, somewhat surprised at the group's reticence. "Which other way would we go?"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10847 on: November 21, 2017, 03:10:57 PM »
It looks like the trouble is confined to the Paleisbuurt and Goudberg wards, so it should be possible to reach Ostmuur (where the inn is) by taking a lengthy diversion through Noordmuur.

However, the current situation does not seem threatening.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10848 on: November 26, 2017, 02:47:51 AM »
Admund peeks out at the barricade, before leaning back into the alley. “Don’t like it.” He notices a look on Hans face, and pauses. “You really want to go say hello? The city is in revolt. No rule of law. I know enough cunts in this city, that I’d fear them making up their own rules.”

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #10849 on: November 26, 2017, 05:10:28 PM »
Admund peeks out at the barricade, before leaning back into the alley. “Don’t like it.” He notices a look on Hans face, and pauses. “You really want to go say hello? The city is in revolt. No rule of law. I know enough cunts in this city, that I’d fear them making up their own rules.”

"Admund is right. It doesn't look too bad right now, but these things have a tendency to explode like a grain mill from a single spark. We should avoid it."