home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 643654 times)

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #600 on: June 21, 2012, 10:57:41 AM »
“max, could you do me a favour? I need some clothes, and I can’t be seen like this. The innkeeper saw me which is bad enough, it jeopardises us and him. I must get to Steinhager’s office on time or it will look suspicious. Can you go and buy me some clothes? [how much will this cost, 5 crowns? I didn’t update my character sheet when I paid for max and klaus’s treatment]

I’m sorry for how down I was last night Klaus… Indeed the money is not nothing, but Julian Stonebridge is no petty thief. It is only because I know the man is evil I will take the money. I was hoping the black book and the safe boxes would contain damning evidence. At least Mortus turned up something useful.

We should definitely follow Ruggbroder. I am not good at all that sneaky stuff though, so a job better for someone else.

I’m not sure what we would learn in the sewers, but we could certainly have a look. I’m not sure how the town guard would think about us traipsing around down there though.

[I just read Julian can set traps- if we find their meeting place he can set shit loads of man traps and catch everyone! Take a -20i test demon worshipping fools!]
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #601 on: June 21, 2012, 11:01:41 AM »
Klaus is chewing his lip...if he gets caught following this man it could mean death.

"I will follow him but only if Ruggbroder offers a fortune if we could reveal them as demon worshipers. You should check the sewers below Teugens place...Adelring or what it was perhaps they meet in another room around there. Another good place to search in the sewers would be below the temples of the city. I don´t think it is a sound idea to take Max with you, he is still hurt and it would be a desaster should he die."

"I would take care of him." Heinrich waves his hand dismissively. His brow is furrowed in thought. "Even if we do locate Teugen's place, we would have to wait until dark to break in. I don't like the idea of any more delays. Steinhager will likely stay in his offices until the time of the meeting, though if the mess we made of his office spooks him, he might decide to lay low and not go to the meeting at all. I have a better idea. Julian, Max, and I can explore the sewers some more. We'll also locate Teugen's offices. Klaus and Mortus can meet with their contacts during the day, then Klaus, you follow Steinhager. Then I will follow Teugen. That way we have twice the chance of success."
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #602 on: June 21, 2012, 11:04:38 AM »
Max looks thrilled that he is being asked to do something. "I'd be delighted to do that for you, Mr. Julian sir! I'll go right away! Well, I should dress first." Max pulls on his shoes, and then - very carefully - puts on his shirt. He actually cries out in pain as the cloth touches his back. "Oh, I'm sorry to make a fuss. I hate to ask you, Mr. Julian sir, but may I have some money to pay for your clothes? I have none left.... thank you sir! I'll be as quick as I can!"

He races off to the shops, without thinking about breakfast.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #603 on: June 21, 2012, 11:08:59 AM »
Klaus will put on the salve on his back as good as he can wash his hands if there is a bowl of water around  and then too try to put on his shirt very carefully but leave his leather jerkin lying on the bed.

"Ahh.....well....I like the idea that you follow Teugen. I will wait here for Greta to return and then try to speak with Ruggbroder and try to haggle some payment for all of us. If we manage to bring this Order Serpentarius down he will immensly profit of it. What about the thieves den? Should I tell Ruggbroder about that one? I think there are some goods of his down there too."

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #604 on: June 21, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »
Max looks thrilled that he is being asked to do something. "I'd be delighted to do that for you, Mr. Julian sir! I'll go right away! Well, I should dress first." Max pulls on his shoes, and then - very carefully - puts on his shirt. He actually cries out in pain as the cloth touches his back. "Oh, I'm sorry to make a fuss. I hate to ask you, Mr. Julian sir, but may I have some money to pay for your clothes? I have none left.... thank you sir! I'll be as quick as I can!"

He races off to the shops, without thinking about breakfast.

"Damn kid should buy himself a spine while he's there." Heinrich murmers to no one in particular, then heads down to breakfast. He will bring his food and a portion for Julian, Klaus and Mortus back up to the room after paying for it.

"Ahh.....well....I like the idea that you follow Teugen. I will wait here for Greta to return and then try to speak with Ruggbroder and try to haggle some payment for all of us. If we manage to bring this Order Serpentarius down he will immensly profit of it. What about the thieves den? Should I tell Ruggbroder about that one? I think there are some goods of his down there too."

"Do you have Ruggbroder's sign? Julian and I can take a look while we're down there."

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #605 on: June 21, 2012, 11:17:30 AM »
Julian thanks Heinrich for his breakfast, and takes big gulps of the light breakfast ale, which has become a firm favourite of his. He finishes his breakfast and starts to smoke his pipe, chewing the end as he thinks over Heinrich’s suggestions

“have we time to look into the thieves? I consider demons a greater threat… But overall I like your idea Heinrich. We should arrange somewhere to meet once I have finished at the Steinhager’s office. Hopefully he will cancel my job, but if not I will be going into the warehouses for a few hours. Perhaps you should tail me and then you can see if I have to go to the warehouses. If so we could meet at 11 o clock somewhere, perhaps it is easiest to meet back here?”

As soon as the plan is decided and Max returns with his clothes, Julian will go to Steinhager’s office. He is very keen not to be late. [How is he doing, time wise?]

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #606 on: June 21, 2012, 11:20:24 AM »
"A gauntlet and an ear of corn, I think. But should I tell him of it? I wonder if he will sent someone at all. What if he is part of it. They could be on their way already."

Klaus again walks over to the window and looks out to see who is walking around on the streets.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #607 on: June 21, 2012, 11:23:06 AM »
Perhaps you should tail me and then you can see if I have to go to the warehouses. If so we could meet at 11 o clock somewhere, perhaps it is easiest to meet back here?”

As soon as the plan is decided and Max returns with his clothes, Julian will go to Steinhager’s office. He is very keen not to be late. [How is he doing, time wise?]

Heinrich will do this, taking Max with him, to keep him out of Klaus and Mortus' way.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #608 on: June 21, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »
Max arrives back with Julian's clothes. He's out of breath, and a little blood is showing through the back of his shirt. He's obviously in some pain, but doesn't complain about it. "Here you are, Mr. Julian sir! Gosh, I do hope you like them, and they fit well enough." He hands Julian a new set of clothes, which are a little brighter than Julian might have chosen for himself, but fit nicely. "There's no change I'm afraid, sir! They cost the full five crowns."

Once dressed, Julian sets off for the Steinhager offices. He'll arrive in plenty of time.

Heinrich tells Max to come with him - Max nods enthusiastically and collects his helmet, shield, axe, bow and arrows. He leaves his leather vest behind since it would hurt him to wear it.

Klaus, looking out the window, sees Greta hurrying towards the inn.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #609 on: June 21, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »
Klaus will wait in the room upstairs but already has opened the window and gauges if he could handle the jump out if it should the need arise.

Standing close to the window with his valuables all in the purse close by he waits for her.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #610 on: June 21, 2012, 12:29:32 PM »
Julian thanked Max sincerely when he returned with his clothes.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #611 on: June 21, 2012, 12:38:19 PM »
"Oh, I was very happy to help you, Mr. Julian sir!" Max says when Julian thanks him.

Julian walks to the offices, with Heinrich and Max following at a distance. Heinrich shows Max how best to follow someone without being noticed, and Max listens very carefully. He makes sure he does exactly as Heinrich tells him at all times, and keeps his mouth shut.

Julian reaches the Steinhager offices to find a crowd of curious townspeople standing in front of the building. At least a dozen watchmen are in front of the open door, keeping people back. As he gets closer, Julian can see Franz Steinhager talking to a man in an elaborate uniform, who presumably is an officer of the watch. The watchmen challenge him as he approaches, "Stop right there dwarf. What's your business here? This is a crime scene."
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #612 on: June 21, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
Klaus thinks he could jump out of the window if he really had to, but might well hurt himself in the process. There's a knock at the room door - it's the innkeeper. "Excuse me, sir, but there's a lady here asking for you. It's your friend from last night," he winks conspiratorially, she's downstairs in the bar."
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #613 on: June 21, 2012, 12:46:35 PM »
"Would you please be so kind and send her up. Thank you very much."

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #614 on: June 21, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »
"My name is Julian Stonebridge, and I am an engineer of some repute. I was hired by Steinhager to conduct a consultation of the damp in his warehouses. I was meant to meet here this morning... but I see there has been some sort of problem?
Would you mind telling Steinhager I am here. Perhaps he will be too distracted, in which case would you tell him that I would be able to return tomorrow to inspect the warehouses."

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #615 on: June 21, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »
The watchman looks annoyed, and is about to tell Julian to go away. But just then Franz Steinhager comes over, having apparently heard his name. He looks at Julian blankly, then remembers who he is. "Mr. Stonebridge, wasn't it? Ah, you are here about the warehouse inspection. I'm afraid we had a break-in last night, and my doorkeeper has been murdered in a most horrible way... poor Gerhard... he served my family faithfully for most of his life. It's a tragedy." Steinhager looks genuinely upset. "As you can imagine, I have a lot to do here. I can't think about damp-proofing at a time like this. But if you can return tomorrow, that would be good. I'm sorry to have wasted your time. Good day."

With that, he turns away and goes back inside. Julian rejoins Heinrich and Max, and they decide where to go next.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #616 on: June 21, 2012, 01:03:01 PM »
The innkeeper nods at Klaus. Before going back downstairs, Klaus thinks he sees him looking at something in the room.

Shortly after, Greta comes in. "Klaus," she says abruptly, "Ruggbroder is very interested in hearing your story. He wants to meet... but not at his house. He wants this to be discrete, so he's arranged another place. Will you come?"

Mortus is still downstairs in the bar.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #617 on: June 21, 2012, 01:06:58 PM »
"Hello Greta Yes I will come with you." Klaus will get his valuables and follow Greta downstairs he will wish Mortus farewell and supposed to meet back at the inn later on.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #618 on: June 21, 2012, 01:20:11 PM »
Greta leads Klaus in silence through the streets. They head east, into a poor area of town where the sewer runs above ground. Eventually they reach a dilapidated house. Greta glances around to see if anyone is watching, and then tells Klaus to go inside.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #619 on: June 21, 2012, 01:23:16 PM »
Klaus smiles at her takes a deep breath and goes inside.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #620 on: June 21, 2012, 01:37:50 PM »
Greta follows him in. Inside, Klaus sees a hooded man sitting at a table. An armed bodyguard stands behind him. The man lowers his hood as Klaus enters - he's a bald man of about fifty, with piercing eyes and a heavy jaw. "Sit down -" he points to the chair across the table from his "- I am Heironymous Ruggbroder. Greta tells me that you have information about the -" his eyes dart to the side nervously "- Ordo Septenarius. I hope this is true. If it is, then you will be expecting payment... I assure you that I am quite prepared to pay in return for genuine information. If this is a con trick however... well, it had better not be."
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #621 on: June 21, 2012, 01:47:28 PM »
"Greetings to you Herr Ruggbroder, I assure you it is no trick and I don´t want a single coin from you before I have proof. I trust your word that you will pay us though if we have the proof and help you becoming the most important man in town again. I trust Greta that you are a man that keeps to his promises and so I will tell you what we know so far:

Klaus re tells his story about the sewers and what the Goblin that brought them down there and the demon that was fought by Heinrich and Julian, the blob that attacked Klaus down there the room and what they found there, the summoning circle with Ordo Septenarius written inside, the handkerchief with the initials and that the room was below Franz Steinhagers office. Also the cover up by Sergeant Hohlbein, what else they found out about the order. How Klaus tried to get help from the officials and got flogged how they obtained more information about a secret meeting going on this night and how they plan to shadow the inner circle members of the order to find out what will happen also that some grand scheme should come to fruitition this or the next day. (Klaus won´t tell him how we got those last pieces of information). Klaus will talk with few clear words and don´t exaggerate the story at all as he knows that Ruggbroder deals on a daily basis with much better liars than him and that any doubt planted in his mind could spoil the whole meeting.

"So Herr Ruggbroder, what reward would you have in mind and what support could you give us."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #622 on: June 21, 2012, 02:16:57 PM »
[Is Klaus convincing today.... oh no, a Fel test!... dice roll... 24! Very convincing.]

Ruggbroder listens in silence as Klaus talks. He narrows his eyes at the mention of Steinhager's name. When Klaus is finished with his lengthy story, Ruggbroder says, "That is a very complicated tale... but these are complicated men we are dealing with. Steinhager and Teugen are the main men in the Ordo, I am certain. I also suspect Friedrich Magirius - he may be a respected councillor and a leading figure in the merchants' guild, but he's up to his neck in this business. As to the others... I could speculate, but no more. This secret meeting is the opportunity I've been waiting for! I want to know who is there and what they talk about. If I can get evidence that I can take to the baron... they'd all be finished with.

"But what is their plan? I know they want to destroy my business: that much is clear. Yet you tell me about demons and other insanities of that sort... would they dare invoke such things? Are they sorcerers? Sigmar preserve us!

"You want my money. Well, if you can get me the proof I need you shall have it. Watch Teugen's house tonight... I cannot be seen to act in this... but Greta will help you. She'll meet you in the park at dusk. See who goes to the meeting, and if you can get into Teugen's garden and listen to what they say... if you can't... kidnap one of the ordo. Not Steinhager or Teugen, one of the lesser ones. Magirius, perhaps. Bring him here... I'll have a man who can make him talk. It's a risk... a terrible risk... but I must do it!

"What's your price?"
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #623 on: June 21, 2012, 02:24:12 PM »
"The price would be .......1000 crowns for every one of us. That would be five people. Only if it turns out the way I told you, only if they are demon worshipers and that you find out due to our actions I will trust your word that you will pay if these requirements are met, and I do realize that you could just kill us too and save the money but I hope you are not that kind of man. Also I think Greta should have some payment for her involvement but I am sure that you already have or will handle that one. Should we fail, you don´t owe us anything but you should consider that they might torture your name out of one of us and prepare for the worst. I would like to make some preperations before the nightfall get some black soot to cover my face and all those kind of extra things one could do prepare for this kind of work....and thanks Herr Ruggbroder for listening to me."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #624 on: June 21, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »
Ruggbroder chokes when he hears the sum Klaus wants. "Five thousand! That is a large sum for common mercenaries! And yet... the risk... you must not mention my name! To anyone! Five thousand... but if I destroy the Teugens and the Steinhagers at a stroke... imagine the rewards! It would be worth the cost, oh yes." He leans forward, his eyes fixed on Klaus's. "Swear you will accomplish this mission for me, and swear that you will not disclose my name, no matter how you may be tortured! Swear by divine Verena, lady of truth!"

He leans back again. Sweat is running down his face. "Swear, and I will agree to your terms. All of them! On my honour as a Ruggbroder, before these two witnesses."
If I wanted to.