home

Author Topic: Defense of Liechheim OoC  (Read 19643 times)

Offline thundercake

• Members
Re: Defense of Liechheim OoC
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2012, 02:32:01 AM »
Just got back from the parent's from thanksgiving. No internet access so there so I'll try to get something posted by tomorrow evening.
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2012, 02:40:20 AM »
Hold on, my bad i posted my last comment before reading the ic thread. I thought the scouts were going to skirt the town and try for the southern bridge. No matter, it seems the zombies drew them into the town when they tried to fight their way past the outskirts. From the IC thread it seems that my scouts and the other scouts and WPs are in the town and in control of it with the forces that survived.

I will post about my men at the bridge riding to the village, with it being light out and the dead dispersed, my 10 horse should be able to outrun or overrun and zombies they find and at least link up with the village and see what their condition is.
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline librisrouge

• Members
  • Also, Metal is Best
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2012, 03:14:56 PM »
Sorry if I misunderstood. I did have the scouts approach the village from the southern bridge but the zombie horde is everywhere. Also, the light of day has them VERY weak so the scouts took advantage of this and took them out.
Much like Communism, a level three wizard is a waste of everyone's time and will, in due course, fail miserably.

Offline the Tilean

• Members
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2012, 05:46:32 PM »
so just for clarity it seems that you have our armies retaken the village during the day but at night its impossible to say whether the dead will rise again. How many of the villagers are alive if any? I'm inclined to say fortify the town and burn the dead if any of the villagers are alive, if they aren't i'm not sure if there is any reason to stay although in fairness where would they go . . . .
"That is because even dead he is so much better than all the other counts combined."
Fandir Nightshade on Count Marius Leitdorf -RIP-

Offline librisrouge

• Members
  • Also, Metal is Best
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
Without knowing what caused the dead to rise in the first place it is impossible to tell if they'd rise again or not, though bear in mind that there are significantly less corpses to raise now that you guys have gone to town on them. Only a dozen or two villagers survived the night. They did so by running to the soldiers for help.
Much like Communism, a level three wizard is a waste of everyone's time and will, in due course, fail miserably.

Offline the Tilean

• Members
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2012, 09:54:48 PM »
then my leaders instinct would be to abandon the town and lead the surviving villagers and the armies elsewhere as there is nothing left to win but where would they head to? is there a town/hamlet/fort or anything like that nearby? or not even nearby, maybe they could go back to Averland or maybe a large city in Stirland
"That is because even dead he is so much better than all the other counts combined."

Offline librisrouge

• Members
  • Also, Metal is Best
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2012, 10:11:59 PM »
The closest fortified village is a town called Hrafthall about three days to the south, in Averland proper. If you guys wish to abandon the town (something you'll have to work out between yourselves) that is your closest safe haven. It has walls and an organized militia.

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2012, 02:31:27 PM »
sigh, i know i didn't get a post up last night, my bad. I say, the villagers, village defenders, and scouts are all exhausted from the night. Lets get them back to the north bridge, my mens' earthworks and cannon were able to hold out easily last time. With more ranged weapons we should be alright. From there we can regroup, rest, and either strike out for a fortified village or defend the area. Also, that witch is still around. Do we run or do back with strength, burn the forest, something?

Offline the Tilean

• Members
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »
my suggestion (and Gregario's soon enough) will be for the men to hold out on the north bridge for tonight in case the undead attack before heading back to Hrafthall the following day moving in strength

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2012, 02:45:38 AM »
your update looks good, ill post a little fluff but will wait for your convoy to arrive at the north bridge. I think i am the only one there.

Offline librisrouge

• Members
  • Also, Metal is Best
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2012, 08:27:43 PM »
Only a slight update. I'm kinda waiting on you guys to formally decide on your next course of action. Do you abandon the village and your defense? Seek aid elsewhere? Fortify what you have and hope for help or relief? Make another go at the witch? I'm not certain what you want to do so I'm not certain where to take the story.

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2012, 05:54:01 PM »
Alright, the Tilean. It looks like you are headed my way to the bridge. I think everyone else that was a part of thing thing left or got lost. Do we go after the witch or just run? I am pretty much intact, I think I lost 4-5 halbierders but thats about it.

Offline the Tilean

• Members
« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2012, 10:33:37 AM »
To Hrafthall methinks

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2012, 04:15:43 AM »
I will attempt to get an ic thread update out tomorrow.

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2012, 09:24:51 PM »
12 of my men on foot and 9 mounted are willing to try and help gather the villagers. The mounted men will scout but will not stay out past dark. Does anyone else join us?

Offline the Tilean

• Members
« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »
I'd say my men would be busy moving camp so I'm gonna say that none of my infantry would be able to help with the search through the village but my knights will make a pass through the village bar Tolin who is still horseless . . .

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2012, 04:26:13 PM »
alright, looks like we have 11 soliders, a warrior priest, that villager guy (and whatever else militia he rounded up) in the town plus the two groups of riders scouting and sweeping. Lets see what our GM throws at us..........if anything.

Offline librisrouge

• Members
  • Also, Metal is Best
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2013, 05:09:13 PM »
Sorry about not getting any updates posted guys. Between the holidays, the new semester starting, and my tenants telling me they just don't want to pay rent I've been kinda out of it lately. I'll have something posted by the end of tomorrow.

Offline librisrouge

• Members
  • Also, Metal is Best
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »
Clearly that update didn't happen. Most of the people following this have probably already guessed it but I'm going to make it official: this thread is dead. Sorry to those who wanted to see it continue but I just do not have time to work on this and I don't see that changing any time soon. I just spent the last three days making dump runs to clean out this house my tenants trashed. Eight loads. My wife is having a rough pregnancy. If you want more excuses PM me and I'll be glade to list them all (it's kinda cathartic actually.) I enjoyed working on this and should my life situation change, which it will no doubt do eventually, I'll probably start another one.

God speed and Sigmar bless.

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »
No worries, sir. Life happens. I'd run one if I was better at making the story interesting to other people, and not just myself. Good luck with everything, and if you ever need a place to get it out, crack open a beer, skype me, and we can paint and whine together.