home

Author Topic: Chaos Armies - CSM and Blood Pact!  (Read 26163 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Chaos Armies - CSM and Blood Pact!
« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2017, 10:25:19 PM »
First of all, your recent co workers are the best! Fantastic parting gift. The daemon tank is an awesome idea. You could have a ton of fun with that. I remember the Gaunts Ghost story as well.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2017, 10:27:00 PM »
What about a hatch or something blow away to reveal seething tentacles or an eye beneath?

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2017, 10:36:25 PM »
The Blood Pact are Khorne worshippers, so while a tentacle or two or some other growth certainly would not go amiss, I don't think it should be the main theme.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2017, 11:13:57 PM »
If I recall, wasn't there a banner with a white hand over a bloody splotch in one of the previous pictures?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2017, 11:36:13 PM »

Yeah, that's the first finished standard bearer. I plan to convert a couple more, and perhaps also a musician or three, to sprinkle into the infantry. Doesn't do anything, but it looks cool.
 :-D

The hand is on there because Blood Pact soldiers ritually cut and scar their hands on the armor of their leader, Urlock Gaur, upon being initiated.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2017, 12:38:02 AM »
Yeah so you could go two ways with the tank. Since Pask is a bit of an inspirational figure I actually prefer having it not possessed, but rather with large blades featuring impaled Imperial soldiers of different types, perhaps a chained figure or two, and collections of heads lining the barrels of the auxiliary weapons. A tank commander poking out from the top is a great opportunity for a really grisly figure, a sort of Mad Max homage.

On the other hand if you want to go possessed I'd make it a figure of horror - I think having Bloodletters makes it look more comical than anything - and maybe have some removed panels showing red fleshy innards, with protruding blades or perhaps a mouth. A stark yellow eye peering out of red flesh would be good too. I'm a big fan of melded bodies, so faces and hands protruding from the metal, looking as though they've been absorbed by the thing as they've gone under its ram or spiked roller at the front.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2017, 12:59:41 AM »
The easiest way would be to simply use the Chaos accessories from Forgeworld or one of the third party suppliers. There's plenty of doors and stuff around to customize Chaos tanks.

But maybe that's not what you had in mind.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2017, 08:23:24 AM »
I never saw what happened to those Catachans ................... impressive  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2017, 06:45:54 PM »
The easiest way would be to simply use the Chaos accessories from Forgeworld or one of the third party suppliers. There's plenty of doors and stuff around to customize Chaos tanks.

But maybe that's not what you had in mind.

Well it could be - but all the FW replacement doors, ramps and hatches are for Rhinos and Landraiders. Nothing for Le Russ I'm afraid.

@Midaski: The Catachans are part of the converted Gors I use as conscripts - specifically their guns and arms. They're a bitch to make fit since Gor torsos are much broader, but I do like the result (just one in this pic on the right, I need to make a group picture of them soon):

Soooo, most opinions so far tend to go towards "model some gribblies in open hatches". My greenstuff skills aren't very practised, but I figure I should be able to manage some random growths and maybe a blood-shot eye peering out.

A spiked roller instead of a dozer blade is actually a nice idea Sig. I'll consider it! Does anyone know if an Ork roller would fit a Russ front?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:00:07 PM by Aldaris »

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2017, 09:03:58 PM »
So, maybe like this:

The armor panels on the turret I circled are glued on separately in the kit. So I'm thinking having one askew, and a mass of flesh bulging out, with an eye on it that peers along the barrel of the gatling. something protruding from the front viewport too. The Deff Rolla at the front, obviously. Gun replaced with Hades Autocannon from Forgefiend model. Some kind of bigger exhausts at the rear to balance the model a bit. Not sure which ones to use yet. Ideas? And in the turret hatch a forgeworld renegade militia tank commander.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Renegade-Militia-Vehicle-Crew

Then add some more bitz and bobs in the form of a couple Khorne runes and 8 pointed stars, and that's it. Whaddya guys think?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #285 on: February 17, 2017, 09:39:59 PM »
I like it! One of the guys at my local club, for his traitor tanks he glues on the more barbaric looking shields from fantasy. Adds a good martial, beserker feeling to the tank and lets him add different chaos sigils.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #286 on: March 01, 2017, 08:22:44 PM »
Have yon made any progress on the tank?
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #287 on: March 01, 2017, 09:23:24 PM »
I haven't even got around to ordering all the parts yet! Still looking for a couple Bitz (the Hades Autocannon of a Maulerfiend, for example).

I do have a mind to get on it as soon as I get it all, instead of putting it in the queue. Haven't really been excited to do any painting/modelling in a while, but this one looks like fun. Also, the rumors about a new edition that seem to be floating around (accompanied by "relax, it's not AoS 2.0") have me definitely curious. If it's any good it might even rekindle my interest. I sure hope it can!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #288 on: March 01, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »
I like the ideas for the tank!

My suspicion is the deff rolla probably won't be a perfect fit.  If I recall from my Ork Battlewagon, the front is narrower than a tank, but I might be wrong.  However, don't let that stop you from doing the conversion, suspect there is a way to still get t to work!

As for the new 40K edition, I hope it's a good one!  When they switched the rules last time, I stopped trying to keep up with the changes, but I'd like to get back into a little bit of 40K.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra