home

Author Topic: Turn 7  (Read 28071 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Turn 7
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 11:19:42 PM »
Dwi is certainly one who doesn't mince words.  Let be known that he doesn't mean it personally, and is generally a good guy overall.

And then there are those players who must be using lip gloss.  No one can accuse Dwi of doing that.  :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Anyway, GMs can't please everybody all the time.  There's probably a standard deviation between the dissatisfied and the lip gloss users.

- - - - - -

Oh, and by the way, the Von Rusdorf faction has got a couple more letters in process, so no offense, but we're still playing the game, so to speak.

:icon_cool: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2013, 11:23:37 PM »
Hmm... This gets me thinking if this do not mean that Von Tiefens win by Walk over. Or rather that we can secure Kerpens rule.. We still got three active commanders and I can kick my son into action when we need it. In the end, it is not about who has the greatest total force but who has the best control and discipline of their aviable forces.

I believe, that should Von Tiefen... :engel:

Now just send GP over to us and we will hash this out in no time between us. :closed-eyes:
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 11:38:27 PM »
Mathi my dear, the fighting champion that you are, know that the Von Rusdorf faction still has 4 fighting armies, and the players behind them to back them up.  Its been a good team, and we're still at it, at least for now.

Maybe the players that are still here can rally the rest that have kind of slipped into the shadows again, and get this campaign a kicking in the direction its suppose to be going?  Not that I"ll be horribly disappointed if it doesn't proceed into its next phase at the moment, and I'm sure Mogs and Rufus can move it into its next phase further down the line if it doesn't keep going on much longer in its current format, but at least we can see if a shot can be taken at moving it forward.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2013, 12:17:05 AM »
The Von Rusdorf faction has ideas for various communications, and we've begun to deliberate over how the faction will proceed from here.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2013, 01:50:51 AM »
Even with the players that are slipping away it's pretty easy to work it into the fluff. With the election over many troops are going home. Some who have lost/won think it's time to get scarce/relax. The question is if it's possible to work fewer players into the mechanics of the game.

This was my first online campaign and I had a ton of fun. Especially considering my first character is tied to my army, got a model built for him and quickly stole his share of my heart, only to get cut down and killed defending his lord only a few weeks into the campaign. I thought it was a terrific way for him to end. I'll admit it wasn't how I expected the game to go but none the less it was a blast.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2013, 01:58:26 AM »
Even with the players that are slipping away it's pretty easy to work it into the fluff. With the election over many troops are going home. Some who have lost/won think it's time to get scarce/relax. The question is if it's possible to work fewer players into the mechanics of the game.

This was my first online campaign and I had a ton of fun. Especially considering my first character is tied to my army, got a model built for him and quickly stole his share of my heart, only to get cut down and killed defending his lord only a few weeks into the campaign. I thought it was a terrific way for him to end. I'll admit it wasn't how I expected the game to go but none the less it was a blast.

I heartily approve of this attitude.
Treachery and Greed: Golden Company
Empire of Wolves: Urenbach

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2013, 02:58:23 AM »
Definitely possible, Mogs and Rufus have bean doing this already.  Anyway, its mostly just roleplaying and creatign story through the diplomatic dispatches at the moment.

(Not that Gankom needs to be told that, GP, he's on the Von Rusdorf faction.)

Good point.

Plus you got to come in and contribute another character for the Von Rusdorf faction. :::cheers:::

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2013, 03:01:56 AM »
Rusdolf? Making peasants into nobles. "Reforming" the banking system. Stealing turnips? His crimes would make even the most jaded marienburger ill!

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2013, 05:22:31 AM »
You can join the Von Tiefens and rally behind Wladyslav I.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2013, 02:58:03 PM »
Von Kerpen supporters have been quiet around here due to xelebrations. Yes I know its been weeks. What can I say, the man knows how to throw a party.

I'm feeling a bit better and have been writing some drafts. Unfortunately I also have a lot of work ro catch up on, but we're getting there.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2013, 02:58:40 PM »
Rusdolf? Making peasants into nobles. "Reforming" the banking system. Stealing turnips? His crimes would make even the most jaded marienburger ill!
Ah, poor Von Urenbach, stuck with folks that run around burning and pillaging Middenland territory.  Perhaps he's in need of some new supporters?  There's got to be a good story in that.

As for Von Rusdorf's position, the banking and agricultural reforms are for Middenland, not Marienburg.  Even Von Urenbach is smart enough to figure that out.  And stealing turnips is just an old wives tale, probably from one who wears pants. :icon_wink:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:16:43 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »
You can join the Von Tiefens and rally behind Wladyslav I.
We haven't forgotten the note that was sent, and we'll send along a reply relatively soon.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
Ah, poor Von Urenbach, stuck with folks that run around burning and pillaging Middenland territory.  Perhaps he's in need of some new supporters?  There's got to be a good story in that.

As for Von Rusdorf's position, the banking and agricultural reforms are for Middenland, not Marienburg.  Even Von Urenbach is smart enough to figure that out.  And stealing turnips is just an old wives tale, probably from one who wears pants. :icon_wink:

Lets review the evidence:

(1) all commanders get noble titles
(2) unspecified "reforms"

Given that the only concrete details released are purely selfish, please excuse my fear that the rest will follow suit. If you would reward yourselves with land and titles, does it not follow that you would ensure control over the lands wealth as well?

I fear you southerners will act in accordance with your dealings with us. Pledge friendship, then fall silent as you make a secret treaty and attack us. Your "reforms", why would they be any different? Treachery, disguised with honeyed words.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2013, 12:16:59 AM »
Middenland is for Middenlanders.  Call it it selfish if you'd like, yet that doesn't change what it is.  As for fear, it is rarely if ever rational.  Those who fear often lack the knowledge that could remove their fear.  And as for pledges of friendship, look at the name of Von Urenbach being sullied by those who'd burn and even kill dwarfs!  Von Urenbach himself must surely be disappointed at the fate of his candidacy left in the hands of such friends.  Plus what you call treachery, we call recognition of the falsehoods being perpetrated upon us by the very so-called "friends" of Von Urenbach.  Yet we've gone off too far, for surely the election is over and Middenland has its new Emperor, and now the question is can he keep it from the likes of Von Urenbach's "friends" who evidently seek unrest, leading to eventual take over, so that they might supposably save turnips.  Where is the campaign of Von Urenbach's "friends" now?

Offline Drasanil

• Members
  • Because I can.
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2013, 12:50:00 AM »
Why does the von Rusdorf prattle on about the 'murder' of dwarves as if it were of consequence? How is it murder when no actual persons were killed? Their fetish for the short bearded ones is troubling, verging on Sigmarism even. As you said, Middenland is indeed for Middenlanders, now if you would only do us the kindness of returning to Reiksland where you belong and let us govern our own affairs.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2013, 01:51:30 AM »
Why does the von Rusdorf prattle on about the 'murder' of dwarves as if it were of consequence? How is it murder when no actual persons were killed? Their fetish for the short bearded ones is troubling, verging on Sigmarism even.

Apparently someone has forgotten it was the Dwarfs that helped Artur found Middenheim and craft the walls of Ulrics Great Temple. Intending to mock Ulric's Templars for bearing 'hammers' next?
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2013, 02:31:14 AM »
Before the birth of the false god. Then what happens? You get Sigmarites with tenants saying always aid dwarf-kind. An I breakable alliance with the enemies of Ulric. Foul usurpers the Sigmarites strive to be. The stunted ones turned their backs on Ulric. They have spat in his face. They, like all Sigmarites, are not to be trusted.

But back to Rusdolf. Shall I share your letters with us? The promise of nonaggression you broke? Greed. Treachery. Money-counting southerners who are unfit to lick lord Urebachs boots! At least he always kept his word.

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2013, 02:37:42 AM »
You forget Von Rusdorf is backed by The Sons of Ulric. Your knowledge of the false god Sigmar is indeed troubling as well. Your lunacy is bordering on heresy....... Hmmm...
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2013, 02:41:34 AM »
You forget Von Rusdorf is backed by The Sons of Ulric. Your knowledge of the false god Sigmar is indeed troubling as well. Your lunacy is bordering on heresy....... Hmmm...

An order of heretics? Any who would fondle dwarfs like you, who would break your word in war and attack allies...I spit on your grandfather's grave. You are less of a man than a Nordlander, and you speak with the forked tongue of a Marienburger. Sons of Ulric? Ha! It takes actions, not false piety, to be a Ulrican.

Besides, the cult of Ulric was supposedly neutral. Your backing of a candidate matches your actions. Purely secular. Graf.

Offline Drasanil

• Members
  • Because I can.
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2013, 03:03:46 AM »
Apparently someone has forgotten it was the Dwarfs that helped Artur found Middenheim and craft the walls of Ulrics Great Temple. Intending to mock Ulric's Templars for bearing 'hammers' next?

The dwarves turned their backs on us, they ally with the Sigmarite daemon worshippers and name them friend. They build walled quarters for themselves in our cities to hide behind and steal the honest work which rightfully belongs to Ulric's folk. They are a cancerous tumour which has been allowed to fester too long in our lands, a disease which would seek to make us into soft Reikland dandies. 

In their arrogance they sought to meddle in Ulric's business and choose our next Emperor. With every passing generation they seek to take more and more from us. Yet here you stand and defend him. They are not Middenlanders and needed to be reminded of such. Would you have an Emperor appointed by dwarves or one chosen by Ulric and his people? What next, shall we perhaps ask the elves of Laurelorn to choose the Emperor after this one? Where does it stop?

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2013, 03:04:56 AM »

An order of heretics? Any who would fondle dwarfs like you, who would break your word in war and attack allies...I spit on your grandfather's grave. You are less of a man than a Nordlander, and you speak with the forked tongue of a Marienburger. Sons of Ulric? Ha! It takes actions, not false piety, to be a Ulrican.

Besides, the cult of Ulric was supposedly neutral. Your backing of a candidate matches your actions. Purely secular. Graf.
Your volatile and heretical nature is noted. Any good Teutogen would know the respectable Dawi contributed to cultivating Ulric's masterpiece, the Fauschlaug. You seem to be exhibiting the behavior heretics often show when cornered by superior Teutogen thinking! Finger pointing, war crimes and political spewing are hardly what a good Ulrican would do.
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline Drasanil

• Members
  • Because I can.
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2013, 03:11:27 AM »
Your volatile and heretical nature is noted. Any good Teutogen would know the respectable Dawi contributed to cultivating Ulric's masterpiece, the Fauschlaug. You seem to be exhibiting the behavior heretics often show when cornered by superior Teutogen thinking! Finger pointing, war crimes and political spewing are hardly what a good Ulrican would do.

[OOC: How would any true Teutogen know this? It's been over two thousand years and Middenlanders are famed for being some of the most ignorant, intolerant, racist and backwards people in the empire.]

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2013, 03:13:43 AM »
Before the birth of the false god. Then what happens? You get Sigmarites with tenants saying always aid dwarf-kind. An I breakable alliance with the enemies of Ulric. Foul usurpers the Sigmarites strive to be. The stunted ones turned their backs on Ulric. They have spat in his face. They, like all Sigmarites, are not to be trusted.

Birth of the the 'false god', rather disparaging words for Ulric's greatest champion. Did not Ulric himself command Sigmar to smite Artur after the lord of the Teutogens forgot his place and grew too proud for his station? Was not the Great Temple of Ulric not built to the glory we see today during the days of the first Emperor with the aid of Dwarfs?

To dismiss the Emperor Sigmar is to miss the righteousness of Ulric, for it was through his guidance that the Empire was forged and it is the right of those who keep the faith to rule those who have fallen to heresy. The bonds of eternal friendship between man  and dwarf were sworn in Ulric's name but as you are content to be an oath-breaker it seems further education on the finer points of theology will do you little good.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2013, 03:19:31 AM »
What oath did I break? Did I make an alliance, pledge no aggression and then attack? Wait...that was you. You who hold dwarven hands. Who praise a false god. A man! An emperor, but no god. You southerners are all the same. Bluster and fire when cornered, but your heresy comes out.

Ooc: this is a historical campaign. At the time of Magnus Ulrican priests literally have the hatred rule forsigmarites. The background mogsam and Rufus even has genocidal actions against Sigmarites being fairly recent. This isn't the enlightened averse where Sigmar is ascended. This is the historical Ulrican empire.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2013, 03:21:43 AM »

[OOC: How would any true Teutogen know this? It's been over two thousand years and Middenlanders are famed for being some of the most ignorant, intolerant, racist and backwards people in the empire.]

[As the Cult of Sigmar prints many copies of 'The Life of Sigmar' it is highly likely the Cult of Ulric produced similar books but instead highlighted Sigmar's place as Champion of Ulric rather than his divinity. Further while Middenland peasants may be ignorant its nobles or upper classes would receive a bit of schooling and most likely instruction on the part of Ulrican Priests as to Sigmar's place in Ulrican theology]
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan