home

Author Topic: Hitler reacts to Age of Sigmar  (Read 9237 times)

Offline Guderian

• Members
  • Being out maneuvered by High Elves since 2009
Re: Hitler reacts to Age of Sigmar
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 10:20:10 AM »
Actually on Youtube you can't find any version, except the spanish one.

And that's totally odd, It must be  either GW or DK who must have meddled with the youtube affairs, so we won't see it.

I only ever found it on the caption generator site.  And I only found it by trawling Warseer looking for current opinion on AoS.

I have seen many humorous rants using this now famous clip from the docudrama about Hitlers last days.  But this rant about AoS really stands out for me, because not only is it really funny, but I agree with all the points the creator raises about the bullshit that is AoS.   

And yes Darknight, before you wax eloquent about how awesome AoS is , I judge it through the lens of my expectations for wargaming, namely: 1) tactically challenging,  2) proper armchair-general immersion,  3) mentally stimulating,  4) sense of competition and  5) overcoming my opponent by out-thinking him.
"Beating a fluffy list means nothing in proving your skill at the game or the power level of our armybook. Only by taking on competitive lists will you show your skill level and improve your understanding of this beautiful game "

""Competitive" is not a dirty word"

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 10:36:25 AM »
A very fine list, Guderain, to which I personally would add 6) Stimulation for the imagination 7) Roleplaying 8) Good miniatures
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 11:44:01 AM »
I judge it the same way I do anything I spend my time doing for entertainment; does it entertain me?
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 12:19:37 PM »
I'm actually not against aos but that video is pretty well captioned. Amusing even if you don't hate the new game.
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »
I judge it the same way I do anything I spend my time doing for entertainment; does it entertain me?

That's stating the question. Warhammer 'entertains me' exactly because it meets all those targets. If it failed those criteria, it would fail to entertain. To stick with it from 1983 until now it had to be doing something right.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 03:08:45 PM »

That's stating the question. Warhammer 'entertains me' exactly because it meets all those targets. If it failed those criteria, it would fail to entertain. To stick with it from 1983 until now it had to be doing something right.

Well, yes - but I think the point I am trying to get at .... different things can entertain in different ways. And different wargames can entertain in different ways.

But I always have been more catholic in my appreciation for art.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Ambrose

• Members
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2015, 07:07:06 PM »

Well, yes - but I think the point I am trying to get at .... different things can entertain in different ways. And different wargames can entertain in different ways.

This is my hope, to enjoy AoS as a pick up game when someone in my group wants to play it.  I'm about spending time with my mates and throwing dice, so if they want to play AoS, so be it; however, they will have to deal with my Empire army as is.  No Sigmarines for me.

Ambrose
"Faith, Steel and Gunpowder"

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2015, 07:11:31 PM »

You have also been pretty artful in your application of catholicism. :-)