home

Author Topic: 9th age rule question - stank  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Herrn

• Members
9th age rule question - stank
« on: September 10, 2016, 10:20:07 AM »
Hello everyone!

I have a quick question regarding rules of 9th age Stank. Doesthe cannon and engineer get a to hit penalty from moving?
Where i play people seem to play it differently. When i read in the rules it seems like it would get the penalty for moving but at the same time i would understand if it did not since a engine should not affect the cannon or crew from aiming... Or something like that :)

Also does the stank disregard terrain tests since it has random movements even when its in facy a chariot?

Hope someone could answer! Thanks!

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: 9th age rule question - stank
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 07:23:45 AM »
The T9A forum is your friend with these kind of rules questions.

IIRC, they have these questions covered there. But you must register to be able to read the Army specific subfora.

Good questions, BTW. Although I've read the answers several times, I can't remember which way it went.  :blush:

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 07:22:29 AM »
The T9A forum is your friend with these kind of rules questions.

Shush! this forum needs all the traffic it can get!
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 01:08:46 PM »
The Steam Tank does not take Dangerous Terrain tests, but it does take a penalty for moving and shooting.

Page 43, 72, 73, and 83 for all the relevant rules.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 01:13:03 PM by Cannonofdoom »
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Herrn

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 02:21:37 PM »
The Steam Tank does not take Dangerous Terrain tests, but it does take a penalty for moving and shooting.

Thanks!
And what about if it moves through terrain or from terrain into an enemy unit. Does it count as a charge and it gets dangerous terrain?

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 03:59:35 PM »

Thanks!
And what about if it moves through terrain or from terrain into an enemy unit. Does it count as a charge and it gets dangerous terrain?

Good point. Yes, as noted on page 97 under Random Movement, models with random movement only take dangerous terrain if they charged, flee, pursue, or overrun. Since Steam Tanks cannot flee, pursue, or overrun an enemy, they do not have to worry about those instances, but they do take DT if they charge an enemy.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Herrn

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 12:28:42 PM »

Thanks!

Good point. Yes, as noted on page 97 under Random Movement, models with random movement only take dangerous terrain if they charged, flee, pursue, or overrun. Since Steam Tanks cannot flee, pursue, or overrun an enemy, they do not have to worry about those instances, but they do take DT if they charge an enemy.

Damn. Ok thanks for the help!