home

Author Topic: My first win as Empire!  (Read 865 times)

Offline Sigmar's Instrument

My first win as Empire!
« on: October 13, 2003, 04:54:42 AM »
After a looong string of loses by several different races - I finally managed to pull a win out...and against Chaos of all races...! Here's the lists that were used - it was a 2150 game.

Chaos: Prince of Khorne: Axe of Khorne, Might of Khorne, Soul Hunger, Spell Breaker
Exalted Demon of Khorne: Blade of the Ether
6 units of 10      letters with full command
2 units of 5 Flesh Hounds
1 unit of 5 Furies

Empire (this is my tweaked up list after loss upon loss..I think I'm finally on to something decent):
Elector Count: Armor of Meteoric Iron, Sword of Sigismund *with Swordsmen*
Warrior Priest: Heavy Armor, Great Weapon, Sigil of Sigmar, Doomfire Ring *with I.C. Knights*
Battle Wizard: Level 2, 2 Dispel Scrolls
Battle Wizard: Level 2, 2 Dispel Scrolls
24 Swordsmen: Full Command, Griffon Banner
10 F.C.: Detachment
10 Handgunners: Marksman, Hochland Long Rifle
9 Knightly Orders: Full Command, Inner Circle, Steel Standard
20 Greatswords: Full Command, War Banner
10 Swordsmen: Detachment
12 Flagellants
1 Great Cannon
1 Helblaster

I was really expecting to get ripped to shreds this game, as this army tied another Chaos army that completely wiped the table with me.  Anyway I won't bother with too many details cuz I don't really remember the play-by-play.  Some highlights were: my cannon taking out his 400-something point Prince of Khorne, his Exalted Demon charging my knights, whiffing, losing combat by 1, and then failing the Instability test - so poof he goes  :twisted:   My magic also did really well - it was the first time I took Heavens and it was glorious...I luv the whole "not being able to *see* the unit to Thunderbolt it" thing...also for the first time I managed to charge something with my infantry...I think I only lost 1 combat the whole game and that was with a detachment.  The dice were really with me this game as his main line just crumbled after my FC detachments rolled up his flanks.  He called the game on the bottom of the 3rd or 4th...all in all - a fun night!  Glory to Sigmar and the Empire!
For Sigmar and the Empire!