home

Author Topic: Hi from a newbie and my deep dive into WFB. . .  (Read 67150 times)

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
Re: Hi from a newbie and my deep dive into WFB. . .
« Reply #500 on: May 27, 2021, 05:27:30 AM »
Yeah if I had a basement, this would be a moot point. I would certainly have a big table there.

And btw, to add to this comedy, I can't fit the table I just made into the closet I was planning on without taking the doors off the hinges.  :eusa_wall:

The size has grown on me, and now that its away for now, I feel better about it.

Question: I got my Archaon on horseback, and it has a large square for a base. I am planning on mounting him on a regular cavalry base anyway, but was wondering how the larger base would have played out in the rules. I mean, every other mounted general I have is on a narrower base, and therefore gets some benefit of the number of models that can attack them from the front. But according to the rules, Archaon would face more. How did/would you guys resolve this?

Excited to have Archaon btw, just waiting on the foot version. I am pretty stoked about my Chaos armies. I have the pieces in place for a Marauder themed one, and a Chaos Warrior one, which of course I could borrow from each or combine.

Mauraders:

Custom General on horse and on foot
Custom Wizard
Custom Battle Standard Bearer
20 Marauders
5 Marauder Horsemen
10 Chaos Hounds
Sort of custom Marauder Chariot (Using the old metal Chaos Chariot as a base)

Chaos Warriors:

(Archaon as Hero) General on horse and foot
Chaos Wizard
Limited Edition Chaos Battle Standard Bearer
12 Chaos Warriors
5 Chaos Knights
Chaos Chariot

I know I need another Core for the Warriors, so I this is where I would have to borrow from the Marauders.

Very excited about this. I got all the pieces I need after a couple of years of hunting around. Its really the last of my battalions that I didn't have all my i's and t's crossed since I couldn't come up with the hero models I was happy with.

I hope one day I can have a big game combining the Warriors + Marauders + Beastmen against some poor souls. Maybe an Empire + High Elves + Dwarfs force.

Archaon's mount counts as a monsterous mount, so it goes on a 50x50. same as the regular general's mount for chaos. they're much stronger than the regular horses. Archaon is one of those almost invincible characters, one extra unit attacking him isn't going to cause much damage.

Excited to see you play some games soon. should be pretty fun once you do

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #501 on: May 27, 2021, 04:24:10 PM »
I see, looks like the official term is Daemonic Mount. They aren't mentioned in Ravening Hordes but I see its in the 6th edition army book.

Well, I am using Ravening Hordes as the basis for all my armies so I guess I'll just mount the model on a regular cavalry base and call it a Steed which is an option.

I'll keep the Daemonic base tho in case I ever want to upgrade.

I had no idea Archaon was even in the 6th edition army book until now. I thought he was an 8th edition End of Times character.

Looks like I still have a lot of reading to do. To be honest I am kinda taking on each army slowly.

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #502 on: May 28, 2021, 03:17:45 AM »
Ah, I don't think i've opened my rh book for an actual game in twenty years. I prefer the added flavour of the army books, the characters, the units, etc. I've gone out of my way to get every character and unit from the books, white dwarf, citadel journal, etc.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #503 on: June 14, 2021, 11:07:20 PM »
I have an update for this insane journey down the rabbit hole but I am not going to post what they are until they arrive but I couldn’t help but get on here and announce that something very exciting was going to be posted here.

You’re just going to have to wait.

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #504 on: June 15, 2021, 12:28:11 PM »
haha, nice

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #505 on: June 21, 2021, 07:43:33 PM »
Okay really excited about this one!

I do owe an apology to Old Stonebeard for being so harsh on the earlier editions of WFB.

So during Covid I took a look at my 40k collection and decided to keep my collection based around the starter sets, and its been a great way for me to check out the different systems, and get enough flavor from the start armies (and some times whatever additional units the scenario books might suggest). One of the things I found interesting was seeing how the game evolved and with that, I considered doing the same with WFB, although initially I wasn't a fan of the earlier stuff. Part of the reason was the cartoon look of the whole thing.

Then it occurred to me that Man O' War and Warhammer Quest are two games I really love and things rarely get more cartoony than that. So after getting the WFB 1st and 2nd editions, I started looking into getting the 4th and 5th edition starters. I have to admit from a distance I wasn't a huge fan of what I saw. I wasn't crazy about the troop options and I wasn't sure on how I could expand on the armies if I wanted to buy more minis, without having to buy more Army books, which I didn't want.

But I looked into the 4th edition starter I saw that it revolved around the scenario Battle for Maugthrond Pass, and if it had the rules for the card units, then maybe I could hunt down the actual models for them too. A lot of them are going for pretty pricey prices these days too.

Well, some things set in motion that happened super quickly, and lets take a look at what I got!

The first batch arrived in an old Mail Order box!!! Pretty awesome or what?

And included all that you see here:

Everything unassembled and unpainted. I really couldn't believe it. And the reason I chose this set was how complete it all felt. It came with the Bretonnian King and the Slaan Priest which were two models I wouldn't really ever considered getting, but seeing it was all part of this, I realized I had two generals for the opposing armies. It also came with their respective army books, so I had the official rules on how to use both since the starter really came up lite on just the rules for the models IN THE STARTER. It also came with some additional blisters of various knights and some Lizardmen stuff. It was a great, great deal. And I was really happy to start out with pretty much all I wanted to get.

The next set came up for sale pretty quickly after, and I was even happier to get it than the one above.

Still in awe of the condition. The seller really did an expert job packing it. A few models were off the sprues but they are all complete.

Now as soon as the dust settled on this, I ran out to ebay and scored Grom in his chariot, the High Elf War Griffon, High Elf Repeater Bolt Thrower from that era, the Orc Shaman on the War Wyvern, and the Orc Stone Thrower. Yes, that cheesy Stone Thrower from this era. They all should be here any day now.

And I love it all.

The 4th edition does come with a starter army book like Ravening Hordes, so that's cool if I ever want to expand on things, but to be honest I am really not planning on it. I just wanted to have two self-contained games for these starters, and was able to do it pretty quickly. I guess I could always have the High Elves battle the Lizardmen too if I wanted.

Now, my first impressions: well, the 5th edition books are amazing. Full color. And things explained a lot better than in later editions. I wonder if the presentation and print has anything to do with that. I am sure it does. Like the 40k 6th edition rulebook is really a work of art, but its a hard book to read and digest. And the 5th edition Bretonnian army book was very interesting reading too. Written by Nigel Stillman who I thought was excellent back in the day. The whole heraldry thing was easily explained and inspire me to pick up a blister pack of the old school Bretonnian Knights or the Realm transfers. Still amazes me the 5th ed rulebooks go from full color to mostly black and white in 6th.

I've only started on the 4th edition material recently and don't have much to say yet, other than it is cool to see Grom, the High Elf Griffon and so one used in the diagrams. Just makes me feel like its all a complete game.

I have zero interest on expanding either one of these as far as armies go. I lucked out on these and I really don't want to hunt down a bunch of different units trying to make something compatible with these. I do think the later models are superior and would rather spend my time on those.

For many of you, you got to see this game evolve but its sort of been the opposite for me, starting with the more recent and working my way back. I can see how 4th edition must have been really popular. GW was putting a lot of fun stuff out in those days, and you can feel it in these sets. I do think going Grimdark was the way to go, but these do have a lot of character, even if a lot of it is cheesy. So I am impressed though, and really glad I got these.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 07:50:44 PM by KTG17 »

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #506 on: June 21, 2021, 07:57:10 PM »
Oh, absolutely hate how the 4th edition archers are mounted aiming off to the side, but there is no alternative since there isn't room for them to line up straight if they are ranked. Lame!

Going to mount the spearmen facing forwards tho.

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #507 on: June 22, 2021, 11:37:59 AM »
Nice pickups, I started in 4th. Nice to see the starters all in great shape like that. If it's bretonnian archers, they were in a pyramid rank formation in the book, that's why they suck to rank up. Personally, I'll play 5th again sometime, but it will be with later minis, i am not buying the old minis if i can help it. (oldhammer minis don't appeal to me, like at all. lol one word missing: proportions) Some of the 4th/5th undead stuff i do like for variety in that army, but not going to chase them.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #508 on: June 22, 2021, 01:19:40 PM »
Nice to see the starters all in great shape like that.

Agreed. I always get a little sad when peeps sell games on eBay and the box is all crushed.

If it's bretonnian archers, they were in a pyramid rank formation in the book, that's why they suck to rank up.

The Elves and Goblins have to face at an angle, and its really annoying me.

Some of the 4th/5th undead stuff i do like for variety in that army, but not going to chase them.

I agree about the undead. Its all pretty cheesy (skulls on the shields?) but I can't think of anything more 4th-5th edition than those old skeleton box sets. I remember seeing them in stores back in the day. But I am sure its all pretty expensive these days.

The forces in the 4th set, including Grom and all that, come to about 1000 points which is great as that is the magic number I was shooting for with the 6th edition stuff I was collecting. I haven't figured out what I have for 5th. Since I have those extra blisters I am going to make additional heros so I should be able to fill in some gaps just on what I have.

I am also not going to hunt down the magic sets for either. I know the magic spells in the 5th rulebook are pretty boring, and I haven't looked much into the 4th ones, but back in the day those magic rules seemed like a separate game on their own. It felt that way for 40k 2nd Psychic rules. So I am just using what is provided in the starters.

I know I am leaving an important part of the game out, but I really don't want to spend anymore time looking up rules than I have to. Which is why I am not crazy about Army/Codexes and all that. Games are pretty laid back and casual around here, but even still taking time to read up on something in the middle of the game is a real drag, and takes away from the game. Its part of the reason my collecting is so starter-set-centric now.

Remember the old metal stone trolls?

Well, I loved these guys back in the day even though I wasn't into Warhammer. I think they are some of the best models GW ever released. I might spring for those some day, but not in a hurry.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #509 on: June 22, 2021, 02:56:31 PM »
 :icon_eek:

I'm astounded at what you've managed to acquire there, the condition and content of all of those above is unbelievable, all I can say is I hope your wallet has recovered from the shock! :-P

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #510 on: June 22, 2021, 03:43:49 PM »
:icon_eek:
I'm astounded at what you've managed to acquire there, the condition and content of all of those above is unbelievable, all I can say is I hope your wallet has recovered from the shock! :-P

Yeah, its def bruised at the moment. The thing is, when I have my mind set on something, it can't rest till I have it. And I will pay a premium for nice condition. Especially the old stuff. the 4th ed set was expensive, but not as expensive as some other sets I have seen on ebay. And the 5th was a little more, but it came with all those extras. I didn't know what the Bretonnian king was going for new and was shocked when I found out. So considering all that I got in that lot, it was close to the deal of the year for me.

And I paid more for the High Elf War Griffon, Bolt Repeater, Grom and his chariot, Shaman on Wyvern, and stone thrower together than I paid for the starter. But I didn't want to get the starter without those other units so I felt I had to grab it all while I was looking at it than worry that someone else would buy something, and then I have to obsessively search for a replacement.

Speaking of which, this just arrived  :::cheers:::

One down, 4 to go.

I have been selling stuff myself too. I do tend to over buy when I don't have a plan. On all sorts of things I get into.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #511 on: June 22, 2021, 03:50:17 PM »
I do know the feeling - I'm sure we all do unfortunately. I dread to think what I've spent on Warhammer over the years! :unsure:

Buy hey-ho, it's our hobby and if it brings us enjoyment then who cares? It's our money to spend on what we like right!?

Anyway, looks like you've landed yourself a great haul recently, looking forward to seeing them materialise in the future :::cheers:::

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #512 on: June 22, 2021, 03:59:17 PM »
6th I don't feel gets really good until about 2,000 points since i really enjoy the special characters, and most of them are restricted to 2,000+ (I have the codexes and brb memorized almost completely, looking up things isn't really something we do much anymore) I have also been playing 6th with a couple deviations into the terrible later editions for almost twenty years, and 4th and 5th for five years before that.

I sold some of my earlier purchased armies, and regretted it in a year or so when i realized i needed those units or characters. I have a full 4th/5th army selection/magic sets, books etc. as well as my 6th, but i don't segregate the models themselves based on edition release, my chaos are all 8th/aos models, except the special characters that i couldn't get new models of, Lizards as well. high elves are mostly 4th, etc.

Stone trolls are awesome. I have non gw ones i got for free in a lot from some now defunct austrailian mini company, i love them, if i get another unit one day, it'll be the gw ones.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #513 on: June 23, 2021, 12:01:20 AM »
Brr-icy I will never get there. That’s just the reality. Not only is my collecting style to get a little bit of everything, I am incredibly slow to paint. I am a building fiend and love trying to restore other people’s trash, once stuff is primed it joins a huge line of projects. I think part of it is that I do not have a comfortable place to paint, whereas I can build a model anywhere: desk, couch, floor, patio. I have a little box with all my supplies and just take that wherever I want to make a kit.

Also, I am so eclectic I get bored quickly so constantly jumping in and out of various things. I might be reading like crazy in my spare time one week, working on model tanks the next, then decide bike riding is the thing to do, then assemble some 40K stuff after that. Sometimes I don’t even want to look at pending projects, and many are in an in-progress state.

This is why it’s hard to focus on just WFB. But also part of the reason I collect is so that when I do want it, it’s there. In my youth I would go to buy something, my Mom saying save your money, look around, then you can go back and get it if you still want, only for it to be gone when I did, has screwed me up for life.

So if I think I’ll want to do something with it even years out. I can take my time getting around to it. The important thing is that it’s there when I want it.

I guess everyone here understands that to some degree.

Anyway,  would take me an unbelievable amount of concentration I do not have for me to assemble even one 2,000 point army. I wouldn’t be able to keep the focus. Right now I’ve been in and out of about a 600 point (using 3rd edition rules here) Black Templar army for months! Can’t even knock that off and it’s one thing I really want to do.  :eusa_wall:

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #514 on: June 23, 2021, 11:19:54 AM »
I get that, there's three of us that collect all the things for 6th here. One assembles everything and paints a bit, another puts it in boxes and occasionally assembles, very little painting, then there's me that has to assemble a kit as soon as i get it, and paints most every week at least a bit, and has all but a couple hundred models (out of 4,000) painted to a decent standard.

My malfunction was i grew up poor, so now when i see something i want and have money for, i buy it. I used to paint from 4-6 hours a day as i was on opposite shifts to my wife, and then covid happened where i had little else to do than paint for 40 to 60 hours a week. My other hobby is much more expensive than this, so I guess i don't feel the sting of buying a $50 unit as much as some. I tend to buy used armies as well, a 5,000 point army for like $300 is a nice start for me, then i can pad it out with what is missing from the book.

This next couple weeks will be a chore for me to paint as i finally found a ps5, and I have been messing with my Transformer collection and want to get the shelves reorganized, maybe i will finish that unit of chameleon skinks i am halfway through painting lol.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #515 on: June 23, 2021, 11:50:39 AM »
KTG17 and Brr-icy ...

Know the feeling of being poor in my youth, it wasn't fun.  Would see some thing I wanted, would save my pennies, or wait till the next Xmas cash came in the mail from grandparents, and then when I was ready to buy, it was gone.  I took to checking as many places out as I could, and discovered the joy of finding things in other places, and sometimes treasures were on sale from a few years before.

As I have matured, it has been tough to not spend money on what I enjoy with the whole miniatures hobby.  Some of that is because I can, and some of that is because I couldn't before, which is probably a strange psychology going with all that.  And now I even have a space to paint, store, lay things out, work on multiple projects and actually see them in front of me, pushing myself to do more, build more, create more, paint more, and play more games.

Covid 19, and my experience with it, and also my sense of mortality from what I do for work and my father's passing, has moved me even further in this direction, and it has become a more time consuming assault on all the unpainted miniatures and projects that I enjoy and want to do.  It has also become a challenge to find folks willing to play now that I am spending more time with the hobby than ever before.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #516 on: June 23, 2021, 03:12:18 PM »
Wow, we're hitting some nerve endings here. I think my financial struggles early on might be affecting me as well. I do try to work within a monthly budget for hobby stuff, but how that money gets used during that month can vary. Sometimes I look for deals and can be strict on what I pay, and other times, especially if its out of print and in good condition, the cost is almost irrelevant as long as I don't go crazy over that monthly budget. And then there are times like with those 4th and 5th edition sets where those opportunities don't come often, and I just bite the bullet and cut back elsewhere.

There was a time when I only had $20 to last me a week or so for food, and I settled on peanut butter and jelly, bread, even tuna fish was a luxury item. But I didn't cry about it, I just stood there in the isle, telling myself I would never go through this again. And haven't. I do think my collecting can be a little excessive, especially when I have minimalist friends, but I guess when I have cash, and have this mental hang-up about not being able to afford it before, I am more willing to spend and ask questions later. There is a lot of waste, not just in space and time, but also the act of getting rid of things I overbought.

Thats why I keep on harping on about the starters. It sort of locks in what I will expand on. Everything has a purpose I can link to, and its a relief. I really hate having too much stuff, I even feel like I can feel the weight of it all on my shoulders. Thats why I limit everything to my home office. If I can't find a place for it then it means there is too much stuff and I have to get rid of something. I do the same thing with clothes actually lol. I only have so many hangers so when I buy new shirts and need a hanger for one, one of the older ones has to go.

I remember when I was younger and had far, far less, and those items had more meaning. I have def lost that. I do want each mini to mean something, but that's hard when you literally have 1000s.

****************************************************************************************************************

Questions: So I noticed that my High Elf Griffon is made by Marauder. I thought Citadel made all of GW minis back in the day. Who was Marauder? Did anyone play 3rd edition? I notice in some pics that armies were kind small. Well, real small by today's standards, and I assume thats because they were all metal back then and pricey. But were the games more complex? I mean I am literally seeing armies being shown off in old White Dwarf articles were there might be 2 units of 8 models, another of 4 or 5 models, a character or two, and maybe a war machine, and thats it. Was that a typical game size back then?

****************************************************************************************************************

Update: I cant say enough how excited I am about the 4th ed starter, and the new models I have coming in. I am seriously of resetting my project order, and starting with building and painting not only the 4th starter armies, but also working on my Rogue Trader era stuff, and working my way up to the modern sets.

Speaking of which, this just arrived:

How the heck do people resist opening the box????? This was released, when, in 1992??? I had it open in 2 seconds.

Really like Grom. I wanted to mount him on a base but since the chariot is too small I am going to try and make a base where I can just place the peg into when I want to use him on foot. Same for his banner carrier. Then I can be sure they are snug in the chariot when using that.

I am also going to mount this on a custom base, like I did for that Black Coach I showed early on in this thread. I have one more of those bases. Just going to cut it down to be 3 cavalry bases wide to match the three wolves.  :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 03:54:15 PM by KTG17 »

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #517 on: June 23, 2021, 04:34:00 PM »
I have eaten mr noodles and hotdogs exclusively before, when it's just me, i actually don't mind it once in a while. But being married now, i have to buy real food lol. My other hobby is Transformers collecting, I did have every release from 1984-1992 a couple years ago, All of Generation one, this is the old room split between transformers and what i had for warhammer at the time: https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/brr-icys-collection.178846/

I ended up selling most of them off, and focused exclusively on warhammer for a year and a half. But now that i have some disposable income again, i am buying more masterpiece figures for display. I do have a very strict list of what I want to own though. Now I don't spend much on warhammer as i have all i want besides a few thematic list pieces. Now I have 6 cabinets for my collection (bigger than the ones pictured) 4 for warhammer, 2 for transformers. That's all I want.

I have a completionest attitude with my collecting, so having set character sets for transformers is helping quite a bit

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #518 on: June 23, 2021, 04:56:35 PM »
Wow on that TF collection.

Have you heard of Diaclone? I lived in Asia when those were out and I loved them. I had a bunch of the diaclone drivers and some of my friends had some of the really big robots. I was a HUGE fan of the powered suit kits. One of my biggest regrets was getting rid of all them as I moved on to other toys.

Back then, being in Asia I was pretty much into Japanese toys, and had very little knowledge of what was going on back home. The only things I could buy in Hong Kong were star wars and he-man. I was huge into early GI Joe and of course when I saw the G1 Transformers in stores on a return visit, I was like, 'hey these are all diaclone!'. The reason many of the G1 Transformers open up or have cockpits like Optimis Prime were for these little one inch tall pilots, which were left out of the US toys and I am sure would be considered dangerous by today's standards.

The original Diaclones go for big bucks now, even in Japan. Still love G1 Transformers. I never had many, since they too were hard to get (usually only thru trade with other kids), but one and awhile I was able to order one, like Mirage. I normally had their Diaclone counterparts without the Transformer stickers and I was always sad about that.

If I could still have those today.  :eusa_wall:

They rebooted Diaclone in Japan but its crap.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 07:09:58 PM by KTG17 »

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #519 on: June 23, 2021, 08:28:29 PM »
Does anyone know what size bases Orcs used in 4th? Were they the 25mm ones as in 6th? or the smaller 20mm ones? I just saw a pic of Grom on foot and he is on a 20mm base but that didnt seem right.

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #520 on: June 24, 2021, 11:10:49 AM »
Does anyone know what size bases Orcs used in 4th? Were they the 25mm ones as in 6th? or the smaller 20mm ones? I just saw a pic of Grom on foot and he is on a 20mm base but that didnt seem right.
25mm I'm pretty sure, my friend's orc army was on 25s back then

I have heard of diaclone, I've owned a few over the years, but i wasn't about to pay what they go for now to complete the line, especially with buying the Japanese G1 transformers from later in the years, they were expensive lol.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #521 on: June 24, 2021, 01:20:05 PM »
Questions: So I noticed that my High Elf Griffon is made by Marauder. I thought Citadel made all of GW minis back in the day. Who was Marauder?

Formed by Ally and Trish Morrison, Marauder Miniatures was set up as a separate company in 1988, announced in WD106. The exact reason for forming a separate company is unclear, but may may been to establish multiple brands, or to keep personalities apart!
Their miniatures were cast and distributed by Citadel alongside the normal Citadel ranges, although at one time they were using the Wargames Foundry facilities. Later miniatures were also designed by Colin Dixon. They were reabsorbed back into the main Citadel ranges in 1993, about the same time that the 4th edition of Warhammer was launched. The last distinct Marauder advert is in WD152, after that they are shown in the normal White Dwarf catalog section. They continue to be listed in the catalogs as Marauder Miniatures until the 1994 catalog, and miniatures marked on the tab as Marauder continued to appear for several years.

Source: solelegends
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #522 on: June 25, 2021, 12:14:57 AM »
Thanks Fidelis! That was interesting.

Quick question on lapping around.

4th edition rulebook page 36 states:

“Models which are lapping around do not count as being within the unit’s formation, so lapping round models in this way does not negate your usual rank bonus if this applies.”

I am struggling with this. Does a unit who is lapping around get the rank bonus if it has the number count to do so, even if they are out of place? If so, why would it say they do not count as being within the units formation. And if they don’t count as a rank bonus, why does it say it does not negate? Maybe I am missing something here.

Do models in a unit that are lapping around, count as a rank of the number of models lapping around equal another rank? Or does the act of lapping around remove that bonus?

Thanks!

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #523 on: June 25, 2021, 01:42:44 AM »
25mm I'm pretty sure, my friend's orc army was on 25s back then

Grom is a goblin! That’s why he is on a 20mm base! I assumed by his size he was an Orc.

Makes more sense with the chariot having wolves.

I assumed with the Orc shaman on the Wyvern it was a goblin horde led by Orcs. Not the case.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #524 on: June 25, 2021, 08:32:59 AM »
Regarding lapping around:  models that are lapping around do not count any longer for determining the rank bonus of your own unit, nor will they negate the rank bonus of the enemy unit.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)