home

Author Topic: Looking for old [6e] War Room articles  (Read 6401 times)

Offline emperor_pudu

• Members
Looking for old [6e] War Room articles
« on: April 16, 2020, 03:37:14 PM »
And I have some I can share as well!

I recently rediscovered some binders that contain reams of printed off War Room articles from the mid to late 2000s. I am looking to round out my collection if I can, and I'd be happy to post the ones I have as well. Since mine are text copies though it would have to be scans, as I've no intention of re-typing the entire Hitch Hikers Guide (although I do see it is still making the rounds around here, which is nice).

The articles I have text copies of:
(edit: I will be adding links here to pdfs of my scans as I make them)

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Empire
Tactica Universalis
Making an Empire Tournament Army
Frederick the Great's Oblique Attack
The Bowl Defense
Mercenaries and the Empire (using DOW troops)
Engineer Tactica
Two different Warrior Priest articles
Using Mounted Characters in Infantry Units
Magic User Tactica
Griffon Tactica
Pegasus Tactica
About 10 different army-specific tactics articles (VC, Greenskins, Wood Elves, TK, Dwarfs, Lizardmen, Chaos, Beastmen, off the top of my head. Might be more)

Articles I'd love to find a copy of:

Fighting Like an Idiot (TVI tactica) (found and posted on this forum)
Advanced Pegasus Tactica (it's cited in the HHGttE but I've never seen it?)
Magika (or whatever the magic user tactics was called - not sure if the one I've linked above is this or not)
Ten Ways to Use a Detachment (mentioned by SirMixus below)
There was an article about using multi-purpose units from the empire list
An article about countering a refused flank, or something like that
Any other 6th edition tactics articles that still exist

If anyone has any copies of the above, or electronic copies of the ones I've already got, I'd love to hear about it. Anyone else looking for those old articles would sure appreciate it, and I'd love to see some of the ones I don't have. If anyone wants copies of the ones I have (that no electronic copies exist of already, of course) then I'd be happy to make scans.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 07:13:25 PM by emperor_pudu »

Offline SirMixus

• Members
Re: Looking for old [6e] War Room articles
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 11:58:44 PM »
Heya,

A couple of friends and I just started playing 6th edition again and I'm looking for these old articles. Increadible that you have so many of them! I would be interested in all of the empire related ones but I would understand if this was a little bit too much to ask, especially because I can't return the favour. I don't have any to share.

There should be a '10 ways to use detachments' article somewhere and I'm particularly interested in that one. But I had no luck so far.

Thank you in advance and cheers,
SirMixus
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:04:27 AM by SirMixus »

Offline Greymane

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 01:22:00 PM »
Hello, emperor_pudu,
sorry to necropost, but this thread and your tactical collection is truly amazing: like our colleague SirMixus, I'm interested in all those concerning the Empire (probably I will play 6th ed. with a group of friends), however I'm not sure to be able to repay your kind offer! On the other hand, in these years I managed to collect a huge number of pdf documents, ranging from army books or annuals to novels and painting guides: if you're looking for something like it, I will be happy to oblige!

Thank you very much and good day to you!   :happy:
"There isn't a greater honor than defending our homeland, and there isn't a greater reward than dying while defending it!"
- Lothar Rohrbach, Champion of the Fangs of Ulric

Offline emperor_pudu

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 10:21:31 PM »
Alright, time to start uploading. I can scan quick and dirty pdfs of everything I have, but I'm not sure what the best way to get them out will be. Here is my first offering, I'll continue to upload like this periodically unless someone has a better way to do it!

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Empire

Edit: also added Tactica Universalis and Making an Empire Tournament army in the OP
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 12:16:51 AM by emperor_pudu »

Offline Greymane

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 09:40:06 PM »
Thank you very much - this little gem is very well written and certainly it is a just cause to pluck it from the sad War Room's demise.
We'll wait for more great documents like this - you're a lifesaver.  :happy:
"There isn't a greater honor than defending our homeland, and there isn't a greater reward than dying while defending it!"
- Lothar Rohrbach, Champion of the Fangs of Ulric

Offline emperor_pudu

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 07:00:09 PM »
Uploaded two specific tactics articles (Oblique Attack and Bowl Defense) and a number of character-specific articles covering engineers, priests (there are two links there - one on Warrior one on Priest haha), mounted characters in infantry units (before that became the thing to do in later editions) and a magic user tactica I forgot was in there.

The next uploads will be the Griffon and Pegasus articles, both of which are quite long!

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 11:35:16 AM »
I wish I wrote up my ‘Hybrid Battalion’ tactica way back in the day.
Not that it would have stood the test of time anyway it seems. Oh wells!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline warrior577

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 03:24:47 PM »
@emperor_pudu your collection of War Room articles is very impressive. I already read the first article and I am excited to read the other ones.
Thank you so much for sharing them with us, I really appreciate it!  :eusa_clap:

Offline Creasy

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2020, 02:34:57 PM »
I take my feathered floppy hat off to you sir- what an incredible resource you've collated!
I've only just started to play 6th, but have had a lifelong love for the Empire, thanks so much for uploading these!

Offline WarhammerWodner

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 04:09:25 PM »
Hey @emperor_pudu,

The PDF is awesome. I wonder how much time you put into that.
Do you have also more specific articles that go more into details?

Many thanks from my part anyways.
Cheers, Wodner

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 07:49:53 AM »
This is a great resource, thanks

Online Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2021, 07:13:48 AM »
Over at EEFL, Kevin Coleman produced this Cannon Defence. Although it is for the 8th edition, most of the general principles apply to earlier editions too.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline emperor_pudu

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 06:38:24 PM »
Hey @emperor_pudu,

The PDF is awesome. I wonder how much time you put into that.
Do you have also more specific articles that go more into details?

Many thanks from my part anyways.
Cheers, Wodner

Thanks! It only took me about ten minutes to scan and upload, no problem at all! I only have these because I printed them out ten years ago and never threw them out.

I do have a couple more articles I haven't uploaded yet, I'll have to scan them and get them up soon.

Offline Mighty Krishul

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2022, 08:19:58 AM »
The next uploads will be the Griffon and Pegasus articles, both of which are quite long!

This thread is a gold mine! Any chance for these griffon and pegasus articles (I really want a pegasus captain)? Please keep them comming!

Offline Creasy

• Members
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2023, 04:57:54 AM »
not me re-visiting this thread every few months just in case...   :biggriin: