home

Author Topic: State Army of Averland  (Read 12009 times)

Offline MadCountLeitdorf

• Members
State Army of Averland
« on: January 30, 2021, 06:58:23 PM »
Hey Forum,

been a long time lurker (over 10 years) but kinda never felt the need to register or pipe my opinion in on discussions. I felt more contempt with looking at the great pictures and mostly stealing hobby ideas.

By the way, there will be pictures in this thread, I promise.
For those who cant wait, here is my Instagram Handle: mad_count_of_averland
Feel free to drop by. Most pictures that go up on here will be mirrored there anyway.

Problem with the Gram is that no one wants to listen to my insane ramblings and thought.

With all that out of the way:
The State Army of Averland
About 26 years ago when I stared my Hobby Journey I fell in love with the Empire and specifically Averland. For the life of me I cant recall why but I have not strayed afar in all that time. I have not collected anything else, I have not looked at other armies, my love was true. Well, MAYBE except a few Necromunda or other bite-sized games. But I promise I have been faithful, most of the time.
Focusing my energy and money on only one project for 25 years allowed me to build up quite the force.
Since I can remember I wanted to collect the entire State Army of Averland. The whole thing. Everything they were able to muster!

Problem:
At no point GW ever said or mentioned HOW large an army of a State would be. There are no definite numbers to my knowledge.
This never really was a big concern of mine but recently I have come to believe that I might be closing in on that goal. So now thoughts come to mind and the cogs start turning and I have come here to talk to fellow Empire men.

Here is my cry for help:
With the combined hive mind of this forum and its esteemed members I believe we should be able to at least break this down somewhat.
Ill give you my initial thoughts.

Thesis:
I am basing my army on the facts that we know and what we can deduce from history.
I know there are many unknown factors but I think we can safely make some assumptions.
Here are some general guidelines.

The year is about 2522. Because that is the most accurate data I have. Only in my lore Count Leitdorf is still alive. LONG LIVE LEITDORF.
Lets exclude Heroes/Lords from our calculations (for now). But here it is anyway:
Named characters are known and unnamed could be any number.
Wizards I surely have way to many, factoring in that they are rare and powerful, but it doesn't really matter. Lets not count these guys. They would be hired or levied from the colleges or local permanent advisors anyway.
Engineers, hard to say, they seem to fairly abundant but who can put a definite number on it? I think as they are irregulars anyway we can exclude their numbers from our list and just say whatever I have is enough/not enough.
Priests of Sigmar/Other Gods: Ok, Theogonist: 1, Arch Lectors: 2, that one is easy. Kaslain and the other guy, Esmer I think? They will all be present in my army. Dire times, dire needs. Other priests as well. So far almost every one of my units has one. Maybe its to much but can you have to much of Sigmars protection? The church of Sigmar seems to have a priest everywhere and who would stop them taking up the hammer? I believe many of them would march to an all out war situation.

State Troops:
Here is where it gets interesting, lets focus on this.
Free Company/Flagellants: Guys armed with anything they can grab and almost no training. I find it hard to evaluate their numbers as they are irregular troops. They would definitely either be levied or just march with the State Army on their own accord. But how many would there be?
Bowmen/Hunter: I assume its hard to learn to shoot a bow, but most likely easy to supply/make one. These guys are from poorer or more rural regions. While cheap to come by they require some training. I think they are not terribly abundant in Averland.
Spearmen/Halberdier/Swordmen: In that order I rank their experience and abundance. Spearmen are easy to train (point that way), Halberdiers harder but ok (Point Axe-Spear thing that way), Swordmen seem to require the most training.
Greatswords: Most elite and best stuff available, they would be rather rare I think.
Muskets/Crossbows: Not mass-produced Muskets would be rarer than the humble Crossbowmen

Here is what we know (Book Sigmars Heirs, Page 48), Averland has a total population of: 27146
I tried to research how much percentage troops could be levied without affecting your economy and other factors.
There is a lot of information on the internet. More modern wars were able to levy more troops as less people were needed for manufacturing and medieval states forced more people into service as the need arose.
Lets assume an able man in the Empire is between 16-36 years, factoring life expectancy and experience and being able to hold a weapon.
We dont see a lot of woman in Warhammer lore in the armies so we´ll just count them out.
All in all research seems to indicate an able force would be between 8-10% of the population.
Lets assume 10% of Averlands population will be called to war and is maintained as troops at all times. We are in a permanent state of war kinda anyway.

That leaves us with 2714 Soldiers. State Troops that is.
Averland consists of 42 named villages, lowest pop. 28. There will be way more but then maybe so small that they wouldnt supply troops.

Lets further look at the bigger picture for now:
Knightly Orders; I wouldn't could them as regular parts to the State Army but they would definitely be called to arms and answer a cry for help.
The Knighly Orders seem to vary A LOT in size. We dont have definite numbers for them. The Knights Griffon were founded by a hundred Knights.
Trying to go by "real world" numbers, the Teutonic Order possessed a total force of 400 troops compared to a total Hospitaller contingent of 525 and a Templar force of 626 (Wikipedia). Lets call these Reiksguard, Blazing Sun or Knights Panther for now. Assuming they dont send their complete order to battle we maybe also assume 10%?

So maybe 200-300 Knights Total from different orders would accompany a State Army?

Artillery
I dont have a lot of research on this subject. I believe the Gunnery School currently produces about 1 cannon per week, same for mortars.
52 Cannons per Year / 11 provinces (do they all get the same numbers?). Lets say 5 Cannons/Mortars per Year get delivered to the provinces?
How long are they in service before they break? 3 years? Total guesswork on my part.

Maybe 15 Cannon and Mortar in a State Army? Way less Rockets and Hellblasters?
Can someone pipe in on this? I have no idea how gun batteries were made of.

Conclusion
Here are my thoughts:
Averland State Army:
2700 Infantry (Breakdown?)
200-300 Knights (Sounds right to me), what about Pistoliers/Outriders? Demigrifs?
30 Artillery Pieces (any idea on this?)

Give me your thoughts people.

As comparison, I am sitting on: (yes, yes, you will get pictures later - let me get my ramblings done beforehand)
Rough numbers, not containing unassembled models

Knights: 207
Spears/Halberds: 295
Swordmen: 250
Muskets: 160
Crossbows: 80
Demis: 26
Pisoliers/Outriders: 44
Greatswords: 90
Free Company: 120
Cannon: 11
Mortar: 3
HBVG: 10
Rockets: 4
Bowmen: 45
+ other troops (Dogs of War, Kislev Auxiliaries, Regiments of Renown, War Wagons, Steam Tanks (all of them), etc)

My thoughts:
My infantry State Troop numbers seem to low by a few hundred.
My musket/crossbow ratio is off. Maybe explain with Averlands wealth?
Looking good on Knights
Not enough Bowmen? Unsure on this.
To many HBVGs, also wealth?

Help my out folks. Does the math sound right? Thoughts on things? I could finish this project in the next 5-10 years but now need to stop collecting mindless and focus on the home stretch.
I need to start getting the breakdown on troops etc correct. But we can go into more detail on this in future

Check out my Insta for some pics and I will work on Photobucket? Is that still a thing?
THANKS
Mad Count L.

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
Re: State Army of Averland
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 09:11:06 PM »
MAD project indeed! imgur is a good place for hosting pictures.

I think once you came up with numbers for your statetroops, knights, etc., i.e. the 'core' in the game sense, that 25% points value would give you a bit of a framework to go by in terms of how many heroes, wizards, greatswords, cannons etc. to include.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Brother Sutek

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 01:04:05 AM »
Sounds like ambition and a great thing. Dogs of War and other mercenaries are way I went with my Averland. Can't wait to see your work.
I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to be punished for it.

"CRRUUDDDAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!" <shakes fist at the sky>
-Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 01:37:14 AM »
A lot to go through but I will start and slowly add more responses as I go.

Here is what we know (Book Sigmars Heirs, Page 48), Averland has a total population of: 27146
I tried to research how much percentage troops could be levied without affecting your economy and other factors.
There is a lot of information on the internet. More modern wars were able to levy more troops as less people were needed for manufacturing and medieval states forced more people into service as the need arose.
Lets assume an able man in the Empire is between 16-36 years, factoring life expectancy and experience and being able to hold a weapon.
We dont see a lot of woman in Warhammer lore in the armies so we´ll just count them out.
All in all research seems to indicate an able force would be between 8-10% of the population.
Lets assume 10% of Averlands population will be called to war and is maintained as troops at all times. We are in a permanent state of war kinda anyway.

That leaves us with 2714 Soldiers. State Troops that is.
Averland consists of 42 named villages, lowest pop. 28. There will be way more but then maybe so small that they wouldnt supply troops.

This is most likely a gross underestimation, not on your part but that the chart in Sigmar's Heirs is best used for notable towns and adventure hooks not to be used as a literal interpretation of population. It might be more accurate if considered the number of tax paying households nut even then that is conjecture. Any WHFRP close looks at towns, say Bogenhafen, tend to double the numbers given by Sigmar's Heirs to make the scale feel more appropriate. Further the list should not be viewed as complete. So for the scale to feel more correct I think you could probably think that if Averland were to muster for war the full army would more likely be along the lines of your population numbers, 27,146 rather than your easy ten percent cut.

Now as not to dishearten you I do think if your project is to say be more the force that the Elector can call upon at a moments notice and muster, your 2700 number is very reasonable. So his household units, those drawn from his estates, and those state regiments garrisoned or stationed around Averheim.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 09:31:52 AM »
And now for more

Priests of Sigmar/Other Gods: Ok, Theogonist: 1, Arch Lectors: 2, that one is easy. Kaslain and the other guy, Esmer I think? They will all be present in my army. Dire times, dire needs. Other priests as well. So far almost every one of my units has one. Maybe its to much but can you have to much of Sigmars protection? The church of Sigmar seems to have a priest everywhere and who would stop them taking up the hammer? I believe many of them would march to an all out war situation.

Well the thing is that though the Empire Army Book has put it as Arch Lector for the character entry, it is probably better to think of it as just a more important priest in the Order of the Silver Hammer, that is the militant arm of the Sigmarite Clergy. These priests are largely itinerant attaching to armies as needed with really only the Reikland having any organizational planning for integrating them into the standing army as a whole. Some priests that are members of the Order of the Torch, so those with a diocese or a parish level position, could in theory join in war time but more likely only for local action not long campaign.

Free Company/Flagellants: Guys armed with anything they can grab and almost no training. I find it hard to evaluate their numbers as they are irregular troops. They would definitely either be levied or just march with the State Army on their own accord. But how many would there be?

Free Company represent ad hoc regiments mustered of either mercenaries or militia to supplement the man power of the regular state troops. Averland probably keeps a number of these regiments under arms at all points more along the lines of mercenaries rather than the militia one though.

Flagellants would not be part of the standing force but most likely found on campaign drawn from the destitute refugees fired up by Warrior Priests of the army.

Bowmen/Hunter: I assume its hard to learn to shoot a bow, but most likely easy to supply/make one. These guys are from poorer or more rural regions. While cheap to come by they require some training. I think they are not terribly abundant in Averland.

Averland is largely isn't considered a province renowned for it's archery but the foothills of the Black Mountains are abundant in game and their are a good number of hunters and trappers there. The Mountain Guard which garrisons the forts around Blackfire pass are supported by Bergjaeger, elite archers from the region, so a number would most likely be part of the Elector's household as well.

Knightly Orders; I wouldn't could them as regular parts to the State Army but they would definitely be called to arms and answer a cry for help.
The Knighly Orders seem to vary A LOT in size. We dont have definite numbers for them. The Knights Griffon were founded by a hundred Knights.
Trying to go by "real world" numbers, the Teutonic Order possessed a total force of 400 troops compared to a total Hospitaller contingent of 525 and a Templar force of 626 (Wikipedia). Lets call these Reiksguard, Blazing Sun or Knights Panther for now. Assuming they dont send their complete order to battle we maybe also assume 10%?

While the contributions of major secular or templar orders to the regular Averland army would be modest this does overlook that Averland undoubtedly has a number of smaller local orders. The Order of the Black Bear is about the only one that comes to mind as an official Averland secular order but there would be others as well as whatever Knightly bodyguard the Elector employs.

Artillery
I dont have a lot of research on this subject. I believe the Gunnery School currently produces about 1 cannon per week, same for mortars.
52 Cannons per Year / 11 provinces (do they all get the same numbers?). Lets say 5 Cannons/Mortars per Year get delivered to the provinces?
How long are they in service before they break? 3 years? Total guesswork on my part.

Maybe 15 Cannon and Mortar in a State Army? Way less Rockets and Hellblasters?
Can someone pipe in on this? I have no idea how gun batteries were made of.

While the majority of artillery pieces built in the Empire are cast in Nuln, not all of them are. The ratio and number of guns is complete guess. Historical armies of say the mid-16th century might have 100 field pieces for a 20-30,000 force but the Empire seems to use artillery to a greater degree than real world counter parts. Further if this project is say scaled to the Electors troops at Averheim the number of guns would by higher as it would include not only the amount normally allotted to that size force but the reserve kept in Averheim as well. So I say the 15 Cannons and Mortars supported by a number of weapons from the Engineering college is quite reasonable.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline MadCountLeitdorf

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 02:56:18 PM »
Thanks for the well thought out replies and going into some detail. Allow me to reply to some of it in more or less great detail.
For anyone who just wants to look at pictures of my army (as promised), scroll down and ignore my ramblings.

To reply to S.O.F. here, I do believe your answer provides two problems:

1) I know in my heart of hearts, of course, that you are right but admitting to this would also include admitting that my life´s goal is unachievable and would shatter my hopes and dreams and leave me an empty husk of a man. It took me more or less the better of 20 years (some more, some way less active) to get to the better of 2000 models in my army. I dont have the 200 years it would take to get to 20.000  :icon_biggrin:

2) Jokes aside, I do believe that a big problem here is that we are dealing with fantasy numbers and contradicting source material.
While we are presented with some numbers for states and cities, other books, often Black Library, tell of way bigger numbers.
The storm of chaos was supposed to be hundreds of thousands of invaders. Hard to beat of your state can only muster 3000 infantry.
Much of the source material can be contested or numbers are highly exaggerated. Also factoring in a fantasy economy and magic it isnt that surprising that real world numbers dont add up in the context.

Well the thing is that though the Empire Army Book has put it as Arch Lector for the character entry, it is probably better to think of it as just a more important priest in the Order of the Silver Hammer, that is the militant arm of the Sigmarite Clergy.

I do agree with this point and largely handle it the same way. I often refuse to believe that a GRAND MASTER, as an example, of his order, would ride out with his 30 buddies to hunt down some Goblins.
I often treat the big names more as Chapter House Masters, or high ranking members of their orders.

Free Company represent ad hoc regiments mustered of either mercenaries or militia to supplement the man power of the regular state troops. Averland probably keeps a number of these regiments under arms at all points more along the lines of mercenaries rather than the militia one though.

Flagellants would not be part of the standing force but most likely found on campaign drawn from the destitute refugees fired up by Warrior Priests of the army.

Agreed, I dont really count these as standing forces of a province but more as auxiliaries.
An Army could most likely have any numbers of free company but in order to maintain battlefield order I do believe they wouldnt make up more than like 10% of an army. They are untrained locally recruited people willing to help out, but one would want the brunt of the army to be state troops. 

Averland is largely isn't considered a province renowned for it's archery but the foothills of the Black Mountains are abundant in game and their are a good number of hunters and trappers there. The Mountain Guard which garrisons the forts around Blackfire pass are supported by Bergjaeger, elite archers from the region, so a number would most likely be part of the Elector's household as well.

I tend to treat my Bowmen as Bergjaeger or local woodsmen militia. In my mind Bergjaeger are more their Regiment of Renown

While the contributions of major secular or templar orders to the regular Averland army would be modest this does overlook that Averland undoubtedly has a number of smaller local orders. The Order of the Black Bear is about the only one that comes to mind as an official Averland secular order but there would be others as well as whatever Knightly bodyguard the Elector employs.

Could we apply real world numbers here? Not sure. Some English battles literally had thousands of knights (Agincourt) while sometimes 200-300 knights were considered a massive force. I have about 300 Empire Knights, please dont tell me I need WAY more  :icon_rolleyes:

While the majority of artillery pieces built in the Empire are cast in Nuln, not all of them are. The ratio and number of guns is complete guess. Historical armies of say the mid-16th century might have 100 field pieces for a 20-30,000 force but the Empire seems to use artillery to a greater degree than real world counter parts. Further if this project is say scaled to the Electors troops at Averheim the number of guns would by higher as it would include not only the amount normally allotted to that size force but the reserve kept in Averheim as well. So I say the 15 Cannons and Mortars supported by a number of weapons from the Engineering college is quite reasonable.

Kinda happy at least one of my initial numbers seemed to be ok.

Conclusion
I do agree that it seems ridiculous to assemble an entire State Army, even if the source material provides some numbers and information. There are still many unknown factors.
Maybe lets call it to be the more reasonable army that is assembled and ready at-arms, to march and rally within a weeks notice or so.

I still will have to work out the composition of that army. About 2700 man Infantry + Horse + Artillery and such.
How many would be Spears, Halberds, Crossbows, etc?
Let me see what I can come up. Ok, 2000 miniatures down, some more to go for the first stretch goal.
A man must dream big I guess.

I shall continue to ramble and present further as we go along.

Offline MadCountLeitdorf

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 03:11:25 PM »
Sebastian Leitdorf; Margrave of Streissen.
Known as the Dawnbreaker. Second-Born son of Marius Leitdorf´s Half-Sister

Konstantin von Grayffenhoven; First Son of Averheim

Chapter Master Caspar Belmond of the Order of the Reiksguard

The Black Lion War Wagon

Grand War Altar of the Province of Averland

Musket Detachments

The Golden Shields of Averheim

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 03:25:03 PM »
Some excellent conversions and painting there! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 05:49:12 PM »
Some excellent conversions and painting there! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Agreed. A lot of cool stuff to break up the ranks. Given the scale of the project, I was half expecting 2000 clone troopers standing in rank and files all putting their left foot forward with a 100mile stare. But this is quite glorious really.  :eusa_clap:
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 12:47:09 AM »
Agreed, I dont really count these as standing forces of a province but more as auxiliaries.
An Army could most likely have any numbers of free company but in order to maintain battlefield order I do believe they wouldnt make up more than like 10% of an army. They are untrained locally recruited people willing to help out, but one would want the brunt of the army to be state troops.

I think calling them untrained is a bit much, in certain cases yes but Free Companies represent a spectrum from hastely raised Landwehr types but also regiments raised by an officer for a limited contract so made up all sorts a martial adjacent men not looking to sign on for whatever the term of service in the regular state troops would be.

As a side note for further diversity Averland, and the Elector himself most likely maintains a few entirely mercenary regiments, Tilean crossbowmen or some sort of light horse out of the Border Princes, ideal if you want to add a different colored regiment from time to time. 

Could we apply real world numbers here? Not sure. Some English battles literally had thousands of knights (Agincourt) while sometimes 200-300 knights were considered a massive force. I have about 300 Empire Knights, please dont tell me I need WAY more  :icon_rolleyes:

Well if we look at say historical examples of Templar Orders, at Tannenburg there were probably about 230-250 Brother Knights of the Teutonic Order at the Siege of Malta about 700 Brother Knights of St John. Now in these case we are talking about orders defending their home territory and drawing on nearly all their number present. Your 300 knight total is probably sufficient it would be more a matter of how you then divide it between major orders, secular and templar, and the local and less important orders that are the Averland Nobility.

How many would be Spears, Halberds, Crossbows, etc?

This is probably a matter of what figures you have and a bit to taste. Averlands wealth would skew Halberd and Handgun but it regiments are probably supplemented by mercenaries from the south adding more spears/pike and crossbows then one would think. 
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline wdv331

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 03:58:58 AM »
This army is awesome!!

Offline MadCountLeitdorf

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 03:41:00 PM »
Just posting a few more pictures for enjoyment:

Unnamed Hero of Averland

Pistolier Corps

Altdorf Gryphites

Royal Grenzstadt Sappers hauling a cannon up a hill
(Part of a larger display regiment)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2021, 12:44:11 PM »
Great job :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2021, 01:00:27 PM »
Beautiful
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2021, 04:05:29 PM »
nice  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline MadCountLeitdorf

• Members
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 08:09:12 PM »
Just adding some more pictures every now and then to keep you entertained.
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?  :x

I am using these guys as Pegasus, Pegasi, Pegassusses? as the newer Griffon models are SO much bigger.
So a younger Griffin is a Pegasus, kinda sort of. Just go by base size and you´ll be fine.

Abel Rosenzweig; my trusty Level 4 mage of Life

Arnfried Frey von Treschklingen; Hero of Blackmoor

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2021, 09:07:26 PM »
Where'd that dude with the eagle headdress come from?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2021, 09:50:43 PM »
Quote MadCountLeitdorf: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?  :x

The answer to this is yes of course. Not because we’re dealing with a mad count of course. No, no not that. Not like your tsar Nicholas who court marshalled a rat and had him hung for eating the head of one of his gingerbread army generals. 😺

Edit : my error, it was Peter 3rd. Husband of Cather the great
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 10:02:36 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2021, 10:18:10 PM »
 :icon_eek: Woah!  My head is now spinning. :icon_lol:

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 10:29:58 PM »

The Amber Wizard option from the plastic griffon kit from the 8th is my guess
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2021, 11:33:37 PM »
Ah, well never bought that monstrosity, it just seemed so big that it didn't fit as an Empire griffon.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2021, 01:52:25 AM »
:icon_eek: Woah!  My head is now spinning. :icon_lol:

Just more of my wit that travels like a lead balloon.......
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline MadCountLeitdorf

• Members
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2021, 07:57:59 AM »
The answer to this is yes of course. Not because we’re dealing with a mad count of course. No, no not that. Not like your tsar Nicholas who court marshalled a rat and had him hung for eating the head of one of his gingerbread army generals. 😺

Edit : my error, it was Peter 3rd. Husband of Cather the great

I have consulted your answer with my beloved horse Buttercup and we decree the following:
- No Halfling shall be allowed in our cities unaccompanied after dark, with exceptions of Jesters and Manservants running errands.
- The river Aver shall be forbidden to rise above the third mark.
- Stirland has no right and claim to the province of Stirland. It should be governed by glorious Averland.

The Amber Wizard option from the plastic griffon kit from the 8th is my guess

This is indeed correct.
The Griffon is a big boi but the riders that come with him are excellent.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2021, 12:28:31 PM »
😺☝️
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2021, 06:45:17 PM »
Another Averland army. Good to see it and executed so well, to boot!
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls