The Empire at War > Age of Sigmar

AoS Naming Conventions: Sensible or Gilding the Lily, a spirited discussion

(1/11) > >>

S.O.F:

--- Quote from: Gankom on January 25, 2021, 05:53:32 PM ---More info on the Cursed City:

--- Quote ---.... sanctified mortsilver bullets
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Euh it is shit like this that makes me despise AoS stuff. Just say sanctified silver. First because it is alliterative and therefore sounds better and two because adding mort or death if we want to get French about it is just really dumb.

Edited by GP for swearing

GamesPoet:
I agree. :::cheers:::

Old Stonebeard:

--- Quote from: GamesPoet on January 25, 2021, 09:55:38 PM ---I agree. :::cheers:::

--- End quote ---

Of course you do  :closed-eyes:

If I could play Sigmar's advocate for a moment, the description says "He also carries stakes carved from Aqshian firewood that burst into flames when they pierce the flesh of undead creatures". Because the properties of even mundane materials change depending on the Realm they're from, it's entirely possible that within AOS, "mortsilver" has its own properties. Not even all real-world silvers are made equal, after all:

--- Quote ---There are many different types of silver. This is because pure 100% silver is soft and malleable. For most practical applications silver is mixed or alloyed with other harder metals, typically copper.
--- End quote ---

Alex

S.O.F:

--- Quote from: Old Stonebeard on January 25, 2021, 10:12:49 PM ---If I could play Sigmar's advocate for a moment, the description says "He also carries stakes carved from Aqshian firewood that burst into flames when they pierce the flesh of undead creatures". Because the properties of even mundane materials change depending on the Realm they're from, it's entirely possible that within AOS, "mortsilver" has its own properties.

--- End quote ---

But even in that example firewood will in the French translation of rules be a one to one swap, mortsilver will be what deathargent. Lame...very very lame.

The Enemy Within being filled with bad German puns I'll take, but this sort of adje-noun bullshit gets really old really fast and even worse when you start making it all 'fancy' with foreign languages. That Khorne Bloodreavers carry 'meatripper axes' is a turd of a name that this gun fires 'mortsilver' bullets is a turd covered in gold flakes thus all the more offensive.

Very nice mini and the vibe of the art for the game I can dig but this shit just doesn't fly.

GamesPoet:

--- Quote from: Old Stonebeard on January 25, 2021, 10:12:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: GamesPoet on January 25, 2021, 09:55:38 PM ---I agree. :::cheers:::
--- End quote ---
Of course you do  :closed-eyes:
--- End quote ---
It is bad enough there are issues with personalizing in the Back Table area, let's not continue here, eh? :icon_wink:

--- Quote ---If I could play Sigmar's advocate for a moment, the description says "He also carries stakes carved from Aqshian firewood that burst into flames when they pierce the flesh of undead creatures". Because the properties of even mundane materials change depending on the Realm they're from, it's entirely possible that within AOS, "mortsilver" has its own properties. Not even all real-world silvers are made equal, after all:

--- Quote ---There are many different types of silver. This is because pure 100% silver is soft and malleable. For most practical applications silver is mixed or alloyed with other harder metals, typically copper.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Yep, W:AoS is a world where silver isn't enough on the undead. Ok.

--- Quote from: S.O.F on January 25, 2021, 11:15:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Old Stonebeard on January 25, 2021, 10:12:49 PM ---If I could play Sigmar's advocate for a moment, the description says "He also carries stakes carved from Aqshian firewood that burst into flames when they pierce the flesh of undead creatures". Because the properties of even mundane materials change depending on the Realm they're from, it's entirely possible that within AOS, "mortsilver" has its own properties.

--- End quote ---

But even in that example firewood will in the French translation of rules be a one to one swap, mortsilver will be what deathargent. Lame...very very lame.

The Enemy Within being filled with bad German puns I'll take, but this sort of adje-noun bullshit gets really old really fast and even worse when you start making it all 'fancy' with foreign languages. That Khorne Bloodreavers carry 'meatripper axes' is a turd of a name that this gun fires 'mortsilver' bullets is a turd covered in gold flakes thus all the more offensive.

Very nice mini and the vibe of the art for the game I can dig but this shit just doesn't fly.
--- End quote ---
I agree. :::cheers:::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version