The Empire at War ... The Gamers Guild > Age of Sigmar

AoS Humans and the coming of Old World, some thoughts.

<< < (5/6) > >>

GamesPoet:
Yes, getting our hopes up for the rules to be good isn't wise, we could be seriously disappointed.  Although, with all the time between the first announcement and mentioned release time frame, that gives them some time to do some playtesting, but  we'll see.

By bringing new figures for the Old World humans ... already they are talking up Cathay and Kislev, and hoping for new Bret, maybe even some more Empire (although not counting on the latter anytime soon) ... that'll give more reason for updates to W:AoS so that the figures can be used there as well.

Jmash:

--- Quote from: GamesPoet on October 06, 2021, 04:15:33 PM ---By bringing new figures for the Old World humans ... already they are talking up Cathay and Kislev, and hoping for new Bret, maybe even some more Empire (although not counting on the latter anytime soon) ... that'll give more reason for updates to W:AoS so that the figures can be used there as well.

--- End quote ---

This has been mentioned somewhere else as well, about Kislev and Cathay being big in the forthcoming Dawn of War III. As a non-player I can't comment on rules but I HIGHLY suspect the new Old World revival (if we can call it that) is going to focus heavily on those areas at first. New miniatures to mirror what is in the video game. New units unlike anything from game past or present means they can create and test a new style of play probably somewhere in between the rank and file of the old days and the mad scraps of AoS, how successful that will be who knows. The setting and lore is undeniably Old World but because the style of warfare for Cathay and Kislev is currently undefined it gives them a blank slate to go mad and try to find what sticks, all the while hopefully not alienating the fanbase.

Given what they've been doing with 40K recently I reckon they're going to try to build something that has the potential to be played at any scale, huge armies facing off against one another will use a particular ruleset, whilst little skirmish games might use another, whilst both use the same miniatures. Much like how 40K now has crusade style gameplay and things like Killteam that feed off the narrative at a small scale.

In reference to the good Capt Dob's points as well, am I right in thinking that we haven't yet seen ANY new ranges for the collective 'Free Cities' faction? Seems to me that it's a combination of old Empire, Dwarf, Wood Elf and other Elves altogether, yet all the AoS releases that I am aware of (apart from those you mentioned i.e. witch hunters) have all been for factions that are exclusively AoS related? Ergo no Free Cities additions whatsoever, human or otherwise?

As for whether we'll see any new Empire or Brets anytime soon I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Captain Dob Van Dwi:
Indeed. There have been no new Free Cities ranges for for anything really.

Zak:
sorry, I dont have anything to add but if you know any rumors please post  :biggriin:

GamesPoet:
 :icon_lol:

Yep, haven't even recently heard something new on the Olde World returning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version