The Empire at War > Age of Sigmar

AoS Humans and the coming of Old World, some thoughts.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Gankom:
They seem to have been cashing in on saying its going to be square bases, so we can remain hopeful for that! I think a big part of TOW is aimed at cashing in on the popularity of the Total War game. I'm super curious to see how many folks actually make the transition from the video game to the tabletop game.

GamesPoet:
Well going with the square bases will certainly cause W:AoS folks to buy more minis or rebase, if they want to make the transition with existing ones.  And yes, it'll be interesting to see if video folks play at the table top too.

S.O.F:

--- Quote from: GamesPoet on February 07, 2021, 08:37:52 PM ---And yes, it'll be interesting to see if video folks play at the table top too.

--- End quote ---

My guess would be no unless, for once, they make a core ruleset that scales well across battle size and still features ranked combat. I would think they probably will make the rules work with round bases in some sort of movement tray set up to allow for ease of cross usage.

Again it doesn't make sense for GW to put out a whole section of AoS they have ignored miniature wise with what might be a very niche return of a classic setting. Then they did kill many of those excellent plastic say Tomb Kings kits after they had been out for such a short period of time.

GamesPoet:
Maybe they'll bring them back.  Ha! Maybe.

S.O.F:

--- Quote from: GamesPoet on February 07, 2021, 08:52:01 PM ---Maybe they'll bring them back.  Ha! Maybe.

--- End quote ---

That means I should put my on sprue Necropolis Knights on Ebay to reap the insane scarcity boom then eh. Further note on that I found that you can get resin casts of the Tomb Guard kit from China what with IP law be damned there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version