The Empire at War > Age of Sigmar

Dominion Box Set With 3rd Edition W:AoS ...

(1/15) > >>

GamesPoet:
The new Dominion box set for W:AoS could be considered a starter set for the upcoming 3fd edition of W:AoS.

It will include 21 Stormcast dudes, 39 Orcs with some hobgoblin like figures, an exclusive core rule book, a starter booklet, 14 warscrolls for figures in box, and 2 allegiance ability cards.

The 21 stormecast seem to have a new look to them, while the 39 orcs/hobgoblins seem to be highly detailed, although I am beginning to think that is a bit fiddly when it comes to painting these kinds of models.  Sort of like some figures are when it comes to constructing them (example: Warcry).

- - - - - -

My personal sense is it might be nice to have the orcs while not enjoying the thought of painting all that detail, yet have no interest in the Storm cast crud stuff, and will more likely go buy a Stormcrud Warcry set instead, because of the eagles in there, and might give a go to painting those cast dudes, someday.

Rowsdower:
I'll have to pass.
I'm not really doing any more 'new' armies; just finishing off the ones I already have.
On top of that, the hobbies getting dearer and my mortgage isn't getting any cheaper

Artobans Ghost:

--- Quote from: Rowsdower on May 30, 2021, 01:42:36 PM ---I'll have to pass.
I'm not really doing any more 'new' armies; just finishing off the ones I already have.
On top of that, the hobbies getting dearer and my mortgage isn't getting any cheaper

--- End quote ---

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!.........

Who has ever been level headed when it concerns this hobby?

GamesPoet:
Suspect I'd enjoy the new orcs, but I can't really see myself paying for all those storm crud dudes.  I'd need to know someone who wants the "eternal" shining knights in armor figures, and go in on the box accordingly.  I'm not interested in keeping up with the Jones on these either, and so whole kit isn't likely to be purchased with so many other priorities in front of me.

Old Stonebeard:
You can read the full Warhammer Community article about it here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/29/warhammer-preview-online-unboxing-dominion/

--- Quote ---I'd need to know someone who wants the "eternal" shining knights in armor figures, and go in on the box accordingly.
--- End quote ---

I'd split it with you- the new Stormcast are easily the best in the range, and I've always been a fan of their models. I've already seen plenty of other folks planning how they'd like to split Dominion too, so it shouldn't be hard to find somebody.

Old Stonebeard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version