home

Author Topic: New Inquisition stuff  (Read 245 times)

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
New Inquisition stuff
« on: July 07, 2021, 06:33:38 PM »
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/07/are-these-4-inquisitors-evil-or-just-extremely-good-at-their-jobs/

SO any thoughts what this could turn out to be? I am very excited if they are going to get their own army book!

my hopes:

Preachers

Missionaries

Inquisitors

Inquisitor Retinue  henchmen

Crusaders

-------------------------

thoughts?
This is how Liberty dies, by the sound of thundering applause.

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
Re: New Inquisition stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 06:56:12 PM »
I'd be pumped for some new Inq stuff, but I'm almost 100% sure it's a tie in to their warhammer streaming service. They have two shows coming. One, thats likely FAR down the pipeline, is a live action Eisenhorn series, and one of the animated shows is going to follow an Inquisitor hunting a heretic. I'd bet good dollars this is building hype for that second animated show. I believe its suppose to be one of the first shows that will debut on the service.

They actually put out a white dwarf update for Inquisitors in a white dwarf fairly recently, albeit it was designed for 8th edition. The rules were actually very good, but they heavily slashed the amount of units you could take. Both preachers and missionaries got rolled into Sisters of Battle and they seem to be cutting down on having the same choice in multiple books. With the except of space marines everywhere.

I'd love to see more henchman type people. Or even the possibility of building a retinue out of elite/core choices from other Imperial armies. Imagine being able to take an Inquisitor, and then giving him a retinue of some imperial guard veterans, sisters of battle, a tech priest and backed up by some deathwatch.