The Empire at War > WHFB The Electors' Forum

Preparing for the Re-Release of the Olde World ...

(1/6) > >>

GamesPoet:
So ... with what is more and more seeming like to be the impending re-release of the Olde World, and to a time before what got left behind after the 8th edition (let's not chat about all that negativity in this thread, thanks!), here are some questions for folks to review and discuss ...

1. Are you in to Kislev, interested in getting into Kislev newly or again, and are you planning for this if anything?

2.  Are you into the Border Princes, interested in getting into it newly or again, and what are you planning for this?

3.  Are you into Cathay, interested in getting into it newly or again, and what are you planning for this?

4.  Looks like the Empire will be featured as the Time of Three Kingdoms, and are you doing anything new in looking forward to getting back?

In essence, what are you doing to prepare for the seeming to be likely re-release of the Olde Worlde?

And please, some folks will have a sense of negativity about such things, except this thread is being set up more for the idea of this fantasy coming true, and what we're going to do as part of that process as a result.  Yes, GW keeps putting out more new things now on this, and the chat on the video gaming is another aspect of apparently moving this project forward, so even if ya don't believe it will happen, or are keeping your expectations down regarding the rules, and understandably so, don't spoil it for the rest of us who are interested in exploring and preparing for this fantasy to be true.

GamesPoet:
And as for me ...

1.  I have a few Kislev figures, believe just two cavalry units, and will likely focus on other things than Kislev, although Bear Cavalry is tempting.

2. I am very encouraged to see the Border Princes getting some love after the recent posting over on GW's site.  I look forward to learning what new things they have in mind for this, and plan to continue work on my Matorean army.

3. Although I am looking forward to Cathay, perhaps just to have some units painted up, and included with my Border Prince ideas or some such.

4.  I'm very much looking forward to this, it brings me wanting to return to painting my Averlanders some more,  and that is the plan.

Generally my enthusiasm has even gotten me to start a list of my Warhammer projects, prioritize them in a way that I get the easiest and quickest ones done first, and then move on to some of the other projects I have always wanted to start as well.

Michael Stockin:

Jmash:
1. I have a single unit of Kossars, looking for a couple more to round it off as well as the command units. Also have the noble guy from Cursed City that I sort of had penned as a Kislevite. I'm intrigued as to what they'll bring out but not sure if I'd go all-in with an army, maybe cherry pick a few of the nicer looking units. knowing me most likely infantry - we'll see.

2. So far I only own Lietpold the Black, but he could do with a few bands of petty militia to lead. As with the above, I'll probably keep my eyes peeled and pick up a few bits and bobs but probably not all-in.

3. Not much interest in Cathay tbh, they don't fit in any way with the main focus of my collecting which is of course Empire (1 & 2 have links at least) so unless they're mightily impressive I don't think I'll be partaking... definitely intrigued by what they'll do with Cathay though don't get me wrong.

4. This is the big one (shouldn't it be the same for everybody on this forum!? :-P) but in many ways it kinda presents me with more dilemmas! - do I continue to add to my already enormous Wissenland army and have a single collection spanning nearly all the editions of Empire models? Or do I use the new range as a cut off point to start something new? I do have Marius Leitdorf from neighbouring Averland who is currently lacking any underlings, and then I've also dabbled with the idea of Hochland (I have a good idea for an Aldebrand Ludenhof conversion) sooo who knows? I think whatever happens my main focus is likely to stay around the Karl Franz era as I know that the best but I dare say I'll end up being a sucker for most things that get released and will probably end up buying the lot, regardless of timeline, characters and continuity. Hell, I have all 3 versions of Valten in my collection so anything goes! :biggriin:

brr-icy:
1. Are you in to Kislev, interested in getting into Kislev newly or again, and are you planning for this if anything?

I'm interested in the new models, I have a little 1k point allied army now, but I would like to get the bear riders to switch be the gryphon legion, leave the others as winged lancers since the models are so similar in the original line up

2.  Are you into the Border Princes, interested in getting into it newly or again, and what are you planning for this?

not really, unless they put some of the old DoW into the army, I'm not planning on any

3.  Are you into Cathay, interested in getting into it newly or again, and what are you planning for this?

I like the army, but it's going to be heavily reliant on the rules being good, which I haven't had trust in them making good new rules for well over a decade

4.  Looks like the Empire will be featured as the Time of Three Kingdoms, and are you doing anything new in looking forward to getting back?

My empire army is well over 10,000 points in 6th, I'm not too concerned with what they make yet

In essence, what are you doing to prepare for the seeming to be likely re-release of the Olde Worlde?

I'm tentatively interested. if the rules are good, I'll probably buy all the things. Especially Cathay as I love the look of the units and characters so far. If they're not good, I'll grab some of the models for my 6th collection and pass on the rest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version