home

Author Topic: Hertugens sporadic miniature extravanganza - Bottin Widebelly  (Read 2995 times)

Offline HertugenAfHest

• Members
Thank you all, it's very motivating to get such positive responses  :blush:

Here's the first nightman of Stoltzenburg, all painted up and based. I kinda had some issues with the black on the torch, can anyone recomend a matt black that's actually matt? I'm currently using army painter's matt black, but I feel like it's still glossy..

I've never sold a mini that I didn't regret selling later. Best advice: keep them!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
He looks cool! :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Tyvw

• Members
Very nice! For some reason I expected him to get a very dark paintjob, but the lighter colours on the gambeson look really good.

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
 ::heretic::  Ooh very nice flame!  ::heretic::
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline HertugenAfHest

• Members
Thank you all very much.  :biggriin:
I tried out a darker colour composition at first, but he became kinda evil-looking, so I chose a lighter colour scheme to make him look a bit more interesting.
I've never sold a mini that I didn't regret selling later. Best advice: keep them!

Offline HertugenAfHest

• Members
I'm currently working on Hrothgorn, but finding the time and energy isn't always the easiest thing, when I have my own little gnoblar to take care of and a full time job. Fortunately I commute to work, so I spend some time on the train drawing and sketching. I am currently working on a roster for a halfling warband, named 'Gamfast Gluttons'. The warband is designed around the idea of a bunch of bon vivant's, who risk their lives in search of the pleasures of life. Their leader is, of course, Gamfast Widebelly, chef extraordinaire. Assigning a small story to each character helps me determine the colourschemes of each mini.

Hopefully I can post a picture of the finished Hrothgorn soon.  :blush:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
That looks great, congrats! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap:

And by the way ... keeping tending to the gnoblar ... so it doesn't grow into an ogre! :icon_wink:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline HertugenAfHest

• Members
Thank you! I got some work done on Hrothgorn yesterday, so hopefully he'll be finished before the end of this week.

Currently I am the ogre, seeing as I am daily fighting the urge to take a bite out of her ears..  :-P Hopefully, she will grow to be a strong imperial lady, with an army of her own some day. :happy:

Offline HertugenAfHest

• Members
Re: Hertugens sporadic miniature extravanganza - Hrothgorn the ogre
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2022, 07:11:28 AM »
Finally, he is done! I find it hard to get a good photograph of my minis. Either, they tend to be too dimly lit, which makes it hard to spot all the nuances and details, OR they are too brightly lit, which makes them look like crap.. :eusa_wall: Does anyone have any good tips?

I'm pretty happy with the result, and I think he will be put in a winterthemed warband at some point. :smile2:

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2022, 07:40:39 AM »
Great job

Offline Tyvw

• Members
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2022, 12:41:21 PM »
He looks great! and a Beartrap-harpoon-crosbowbolt is a wonderfully warhammery type of ammunition  :biggriin:

I'm no expert when it comes to taking pictures, I used to put the minis in my windowsill and set a thin sheet of foam (I think it was a screenprotector for a monitor) against the window. The foam helped diffuse the sunlight, and made for a nice bright white background.

But I got a LED desklight for Christmas and find it does a decent job illuminating my minis. I use a white base and background and wiggle the desklight around untill I find a position where it doesn't cast any crazy shadows. Hardly a professional set-up, but if it works..

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2022, 12:54:11 PM »
Fabulous figure! If I recall, he comes from the Beastgrave series, and believe I have him.

Your painting has done him much justice, and I think your photo came out well. :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2022, 03:39:09 PM »
Wow, you should be proud! That's amazing!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline HertugenAfHest

• Members
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2022, 06:11:47 PM »
Thank you All, your kind words inspired me to start another project, so I’ve begun painting Hugo le Petit, as he was next in Line in my ‘primed and ready’ box. :biggriin:
I’ll definitely try using something to diffuse the light next time, perhaps some bakingpaper could be used. :smile2:

Offline HertugenAfHest

• Members
Re: Hertugens sporadic miniature extravanganza - Hugo le petit
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2022, 10:15:21 AM »
I've painted the old Hugo le petit miniature, but as an Imperial kennelmaster. I am currently looking through my bitsbox to find a couple of dogs for him. I will post new pictures, when his dogs are painted.

Also, I am working on my halfling warband 'Gamfasts Gluttons', and have made this little conversion that I'm quite pleased with. I imagine him as a halfling engineer, who's joined the warband in search of tech.

Cheers !  :biggriin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
I like the kennel master!  And a halfing sniper ... cool! :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
Great work! I love the halfling and Hugo is always cool to see.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
I really dig the Ratling to Engineer conversion job
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline HertugenAfHest

• Members
Thank you All, I’m really looking forward to painting the Halfling Engineer! It’ll be interesting to see how hard it will be to cover up the fact that he is a timetravelling ratling.. :closed-eyes:

Hopefully I’ll get some priming done this weekend. :mellow:

Offline HertugenAfHest

• Members
Got a bunch of minis primed this weekend AND startet working on my halfling warbands sommelier, Bottin Widebelly.

It's still a work in progress, but we're getting there. :closed-eyes:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
Re: Hertugens sporadic miniature extravanganza - Bottin Widebelly
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2022, 11:21:09 AM »
A jolly looking chap indeed! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
Re: Hertugens sporadic miniature extravanganza - Bottin Widebelly
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2022, 03:37:37 PM »
Very nice! The flagon is a great idea.