home

Author Topic: What Miniatures Have Ya Bought Lately???  (Read 174 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Happy Halloween! : )
What Miniatures Have Ya Bought Lately???
« on: June 29, 2022, 12:23:49 PM »
What miniatures have ya bought lately :icon_question:

Went in for some Landsknechts from Warlord Games.  Had put off making this purchase for a good while.  Bought one box of the plastic pikemen and handgunners, and their various metal pikemen and handgunner packs, plus their officer packs, the dog handlers, and a larger handgun with crew.

This will give me 3 units of pike, and 1 unit of handguns or 2 skirmishing units of handguns for Pikeman's Lament. Plus plus will have the big handgun on legs with crew and some dogs to protect it.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
Re: What Miniatures Have Ya Bought Lately???
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 05:47:27 PM »
Picked up some Wargames Atlantic [Sci Fi French inspired heavy weapons](https://spikeybits.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/cc3f6b25-grognard-heavy-weapons-group-feature.jpg) and a bunch of Cadian Troops to do a big kitbash project based on my regular discord crew thats been fun. Making a model up for everyone, and then those of us close are going to have a series of Kill Team/Battle Royal fights with them.

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 01:41:31 PM »
Five old, plastic Bretonian knights. I'm in the midst of stripping the numerous thick layers off them

Offline Jmash

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 12:39:25 AM »
Couple of weeks ago I got 4 of the old, metal halflings off eBay. They're the 2 swordsmen and 2 spearmen from waaay back when, just need to get hold of the bowmen and command now.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 04:46:17 PM »
Bought a bunch of older metal models from eBay the other day. Sold off most (LotR), but kept a 6th ed Helblaster crewman, two 90's Waywatchers and two 90's Dryads. Gotta love the older designs in metal.  :-)

Also acquired a couple of old Foundry/Grendel resin & metal bipedal armored walkers, AT-ST style, and one smaller mech with wings (?). Some serious metal chunks, and good detail too. Gonna use them with my 90's Warzone models for a sci-fi setting of my own.  :icon_biggrin:

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Syphon

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 05:29:25 PM »

Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline commandant

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 11:05:05 PM »
An army of ogres

Offline KTG17

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2022, 02:25:11 PM »
Been selling off some of my collection to fill holes in others.

- Paid a hefty price for some Epic 40k Ork stuff.
- Finished off my Dropzone Commander armies by grabbing a Resistance starter set and some scenery.
- Picked up the old limited edition Army Standard Bearers from the 6th edition era army boxes (the big ones) for the Empire and Orcs.
- Empire Knights box set. So when I first got into WFB, I bought some hand me down models which I cleaned up the best I could to form a 5-man Knight unit. I wasn't super thrilled with them, but they filled in the gaps so to speak. Well, since I have been on a tear about building collections around starters, I decided to build my 6th ed starter Empire and Orc armies around their early Battalion sets, which really only means adding a few models to the starter ones, and in the case for the Empire, I needed 8 knights. Well, hunting down 3 more knights in good shape seemed to be more work than I wanted to put in, and since I wasn't super happy with my originals, I just decided to by the box of 8 new and start over.

So making this:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 02:29:48 PM by KTG17 »

Offline Rowsdower

• Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2022, 01:52:42 PM »
^ I'm forever kicking myself for not picking up more of those when i had the chance.
In other news, i'm turning British Bolt action troops into the cast of a certain sitcom about the Home Guard DONT PANIC

Offline Syphon

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2022, 04:11:20 PM »
^ I'm forever kicking myself for not picking up more of those when i had the chance.
In other news, i'm turning British Bolt action troops into the cast of a certain sitcom about the Home Guard DONT PANIC

Did you know that Arnold Ridley, who played private Godfrey, was Daisy Ridley's great-uncle?
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Rowsdower

• Jesse Cowled
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2022, 01:06:49 PM »
^ Indeed i did
Today i started work on
Senile Butcher
Ancient Medic
Feisty undertaker
Silly Juvenile AND
Black marketeer
I'm disapointed in the lack of short, podgy officers for the range but I've noticed several 3P companies make them.

Offline Jmash

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2022, 01:23:05 PM »

Did you know that Arnold Ridley, who played private Godfrey, was Daisy Ridley's great-uncle?

Pretty sure Jonesy was also at the time played by a guy who was nowhere near as old as his character or the rest of the cast :icon_question:

Offline Rowsdower

• Jesse Cowled
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2022, 01:56:16 PM »
Thats what i find amusing and confusing at the same time. Clive Dunn was in his early 40's, but he was playing an aged campaigner whose age often makes me scratch my head.
In the second or third episode, Jonsey's dad appeared. Yet in another episode, he's bragging about being with General Kitchener at Khartoum