home

Author Topic: Wargamers for Peace Charity Auction  (Read 62 times)

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
Wargamers for Peace Charity Auction
« on: April 05, 2022, 09:30:24 PM »
Hey guys, the Warhammer Fantasy discord I lurk on has planned and is hosting a special charity auction with all proceeds going to humanitarian aid in Ukraine. They got a bunch of cool models, had some of the best people on the discord paint them up, and they're auctioning them off on ebay. Thought some people might be interested to see it, so I'll copy paste over their message.

Hello Wargamers!

I'm posting to spread awareness of the charity auction sponsored by the Warhammer Fantasy discord. We've taken to calling it "Wargamers for Peace", ALL proceeds of which will be donated to Vostok SOS (https://www.peaceinsight.org/en/organisations/vostok-sos/?location=ukraine&theme).* This charity provides humanitarian aid for victims of violence and displacement in Ukraine. We are hoping this is a fun way to get people involved in aiding others while also giving painters and buyers a story to tell and look back on fondly.

Items for purchase will be placed for auction on the ebay page of ry0439 (https://www.ebay.com/sch/ry0439/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= ).

As a teaser, in this round of the auction, we have the following:
•    Skink Priest in Ukrainian colors
•    Daemon Slayer in Ukrainian colors
•    Empire Captain in Ukrainian colors
•    5th ed. Bretonnian Knight in Ukrainian colors
•    Valten in Ukrainian colors
•    Archaon in original ‘Eavy Metal style

Auctions for items will begin on April 6 and will run through the month.

If you are unable to purchase a model, we hope that you will spread news of the opportunity to all your friends who might be interested. Please feel free to copy and paste this post to your favorite electronic Warhammer community.

Finally, if you win one of the auctions, you will receive a special certificate noting the significance of your purchase. This will be signed by the artist who painted your miniature.
__
*Management of these funds will be handled by Kugelfang52, with transparency to all painters who took part. Additionally, buyers can request verification that funds were transferred to the charity. Ebay fees will be the only portion not donated.

And a preview thats available.

Online GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Spring is still here! : )
Re: Wargamers for Peace Charity Auction
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 09:55:53 PM »
Outstanding!

Let us know when it goes live. :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 05:20:50 PM »
Bids for those first two models have started, with Archaon already creeping up!

Online GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Spring is still here! : )
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 10:44:26 AM »
Archaon went for $142.50 US.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra