home

Author Topic: Fanatic magazine and Stirland info  (Read 1353 times)

Offline CM Dante

Fanatic magazine and Stirland info
« on: March 08, 2005, 09:48:47 PM »
I just noticed in this months issue of WD (UK) that the most recent issue of fanatic magazine has a piece on the tales and deeds of Stirland for Mordheim. As this could be partly relevant to the winter campaign has anyone seen exactly what it's about?

Cheers,

Dante

Offline Rik Riorik

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 09:55:43 PM »
Indeed, indeed fellow Stirlander. It is a piece of text that takes you through Stirland during the time of the Three Emperors in the eyes of a travelling Witch Hunter.

Also it contains scenarios for the River Watch and a scenario called Hunt the Heretic, along with a little extra info on the province.
For the Graf! For Stirland! For the Empire! We go to protect Ostermark against the foreign invaders!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 10:09:54 PM »
Well, it's too late to make any changes to the campaign fluff now. I haven't seen this article yet (is the new fanatic out in the shops then?), but I doubt it has anything world-shattering.

While we're on the subject of fanatic magazine, I didn't like their piece on the Moot at all. Disturbingly Kender-esque.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Rik Riorik

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 10:15:24 PM »
Having just read through the Stirland article very casually it doesn't seem that it has anything but one tiny little reference that could be used in the campaign if one were so inclined. It could however just as easily be ignored. All in all the text is merely about a With Hunter who is after his prey so the text is definetly not world shattering.
For the Graf! For Stirland! For the Empire! We go to protect Ostermark against the foreign invaders!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 10:16:46 PM »
Quote from: Rik Riorik
one tiny little reference that could be used in the campaign if one were so inclined.

What's that then?

Inquiring scriveners want to know.
If I wanted to.

Offline Rik Riorik

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 10:25:16 PM »
Well it all really depends on when this here text is supposed to be at in time but here is what it says:

"I passed a militia patrol on my way, a scurvy looking lot, led by one Claus 'Ox' Jaeger, a blood-relative of the Elector of these parts, Dimitri Jaeger, a minor lord and with scant power to lend to the aims of one of the Imperial claimants, his own allegiance betwixed the lord of Sylvania to the east and the Ottilans of Talabecland to the north."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 10:38:35 PM »
Thanks, that is interesting.

Timewise, it would need to be 2000-2010 (post comet but pre vampire wars). Which is long before our campaign in 2146.

It's odd that the Elector of Stirland should have any allegiance toward Talabecland, given their historical animosity.

Ottilans

Typical, I pick Otillians, they go for Ottilans. Not suprising really, considering the multiple spellings of Otillia.
If I wanted to.

Offline Rik Riorik

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
Just checked the spelling to make sure. Indeed they have it down as Ottilans and not Ottilians. Just a minor thing really but the fact that you do care shows the kind of thought that has gone into this campaign.