home

Author Topic: Scarlet Guard, a unit  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Heretic 01

• Members
Scarlet Guard, a unit
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:38:26 PM »
I was just thinking about the Scarlet Guard being in the Stirland Army, would it make sense to have like 0-1 Scarlet Guard and make them a special or a rare unit, seperate from the normal Halberdiers. Also, I thought about, what would their stats be? I came up with this as an add-on unit to the Stirland Campaign list. What do you guys think?

0-1 Rare: Scarlet Guard = 9pts/model
Guardsman: M4 WS4 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8
Sergeant: M4 WS4 NS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A2 Ld8
Equipment: Halberd, Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour
Unit Size: 10+

May upgrade one Scarlet Guardsman to Musician (+5pts)
May upgrade one Scarlet Guardsman to Standard Bearer (+10pts)
Promote one Scarlet Guardsman to Sergeant (+10pts)

NOTE:May act as a parent or independant unit, NOT a detatchment

EDIT: I edited the points and added the detatchment thing so people will know about that now.

@TheBuilder - I made them rare because there is only 1 unit of Scarlet Guard in the whole Empire (that I am aware of, that is)
never ask an Inquisitor what he is thinking about, lest he should direct his gaze in your direction and say “you”  -Imperial proverb

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
Scarlet Guard, a unit
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:07:14 AM »
As halberds stand i think it might be a point undercosted.  However given that halberds are weak to begin with i think the 8 points is ok.

I dont think it needs to be rare either.  0-1 special ought to do the trick.

Nice simple unit that makes sense.
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Scarlet Guard, a unit
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 10:47:33 AM »
Isn't that unit just Ricco's Republican Guard with halberdiers instead of pikes? They're a lot more expensive then waht you propose, though of course I don't know the points difference between pikes and halberds...
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Senor D

• Members
Scarlet Guard, a unit
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 11:13:29 PM »
It just occured to me that TVI's Teutogen Guard may be Scarlet Guard, since halberds and White Wolf hammers on foot are the same.

But in any case, they seem fairly similar to paymaster's bodyguard with heavy armour, except 2 points cheaper. They do, of course, lack the bodyguard ability, but can have detachments (assumedly). Given that the Bodyguard suck, I think 9 points would be fair for the Scarlet Guard.
yep.