home

Author Topic: !!! Let's keep our eye on the prize: Bechafen !!!  (Read 2928 times)

Offline PygmyHippo

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Washington, DC, U.S.A.
!!! Let's keep our eye on the prize: Bechafen !!!
« on: August 14, 2005, 01:24:07 PM »
Hello Stirlanders.

I've been thinking about it since before the campaign began, and now it seems like a good time to say it.  Taking location X, Y and Z is fine, but need to think of the storyline a bit; let's take Bechafen, to the exclusion of all else, and at all costs.

It is the fluffy thing to do.  Defending any location other than committing all resources to Bechafen is basically wasting energy.  It is obvious that we cannot sustain the brunt of 2 entire factions at once.  To be honest, in that sense we've done remarkably.  I mean, there is just no mathematical way to deny that 2 on 1, all else being equal, should have finished us off already, but we're still here.  

Nevertheless, we are certain, CERTAIN that the campaign will be over for us soon at this rate.  Maybe we'll get pushed back to Hohleburg, or somesuch, but the problem is then that we'll constantly be fighting to get control of the location adjacent to Bechafen.  Bechafen is the crown jewel of Ostermark, it should be our only goal at this point.

If we put all battle reports from this moment until the end of the next round into Bechafen, we will be able to take it without a problem.  This will take ALL of us fighting there.  Once we take it convincingly, then we can look elsewhere.

Also, Bechafen will allow us to attack deeper into both opposing factions' territory.  We should be willing to sacrifice all the other territories so that we can claim this city.  Then, regardless of the results of the campaign, we will essentially have a very fluffy victory.  Essentially, it will be the victory.

I strongly recommend we drop all other plans and focus 100% of our results at Bechafen: both full battles as well as skirmishes.  Middenland will likely take Bechafen this round, definitely next round.  We must take Bechafen this moment, and it should be our sole faction goal for this and the next round.  No results posted to Udo's or Hohelburg, ALL to Bechafen.

I strongly urge everyone to consider this strategy and begin acting upon it immediately.

Marcus

Offline xnet445

• Members
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 03:30:41 PM »
I'm game. I should be able to post one more battle before next weekend, then I'm out of town for 10 days, and away from any chance to play or post.
Quote from: sawgunner101
(these rumors are) like getting a free candy bar, but only if you let somebody kick you in the nuts first.
[/quote

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 04:02:05 PM »
On another threaed we had discussed plans for focusing on bechafen.  It actually seems this round has been going pretty well for us (although i have a feeling the others might be hanging back until the 11th hour).  We could at least put our next few posted battles for sure into bechafen.  Remember if we lose udos fall we cant attack bechafen anyway.

So basically attack bechafen but be prudent about it.  those with multiple battles to post try to hold off on the extras in case disaster strikes.  I must admit im not exactly sure when the round ends but you can tell when calvin starts replying to each thread in the battle report forum.
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 02:24:25 AM »
On another note, I just posted two more skirmishes and another battle in Bechafen, for a grand total of two battles and three skirmishes there.  Those Dogs are really getting my goat, so I organized a all-day session with my buddies.  

Let's take Bechafen for Stirland!
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 01:01:30 PM »
I agree. Also, it would seem that Hohleburg and Udo's Fall are well defended at the moment. Time to expand our borders, I'd say. And well get the least opposition in Bechafen.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline PygmyHippo

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Washington, DC, U.S.A.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 07:44:22 PM »
From the looks of round 3's results, next round (round 4) we will need to put ALL of the results - 100% - toward Udo's, and take it next round, in order to begin putting results toward Bechafen in round 5.  I'm fine with that, but it means that it's time for the faction to consider all our options and decide upon total commitment to Udo's, or some other plan.  The choices are few, the time to discuss other options is very limited, and whatever's decided must be carried out with total zeal: 100%.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 07:48:54 PM »
Very few indeed.  Middenland barely came at Hohleburg that time around, so I don't think we need to worry about that one as much.  We'll need to reclaim some territory, because now we can't attack Bechafen.  My question is this though...if the riots continually increase...how are we ever going to be able to control Bechafen?  That's something that'll have to wait anyway, but still.  I think that attacking Udo's Fall should be the biggest priority.  And as was seen in the last round, M-land and T-land sort of fortified the borders up north.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 02:20:51 AM »
You can post regular battles at Bechafen, and they do not add to the riot score, also since only half of your battle points go towards riot it is still possible to take it with only that.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 01:40:55 PM »
I'll have to wait for the score to be tallied up completely... but it might be a very good idea to leave Udo's Fall for what it is, and reclaim the Uneasy Watchmen instead. We'll have to see first whether it can be done score-wise, but it has it's pro's.

1) If (or put better: when) Udo's Fall becomes contested, Middenland will do anything to fully capture it, expending a lot of it's force there... meaning there will be a gap at the Uneasy Watchmen. If we make a very strong, decisive blow there early on, then the Middenlanders will have to choose between leaving Udo's Fall to us, OR lose the Uneasy Watchmen.

2) Remeber that by contesting Udo's Fall, Middenland has cut us off from the Talabeclanders... which means the Talabeclanders will finally start attacking the Middenlanders! We don't want to give the Talabeclanders a way back into Stirland right away, now do we? By capturing Udo's Fall, Middenland has put itself into a two front war... let's not take that disadvantage away too quickly :twisted: .

3)Continuing on point three, remember how the Talabeclanders wanted to team up and wipe out Middenland first? That means they don't want the way back to us right away either (unless, of course, they are all idiots :wink: ). They'll be coming for Kaltenbach then.

So you see, attacking the Uneasy Watchmen might not be such a bad idea... We'll have to wait for the scores to be up to know whether it's manageable, but let's keep it open as an option.

EDIT: Just saw that Talabecland, not Middenland, is contesting Udo's Fall... In that case none of my above writings make any sense :oops: . It seems that We have a better chance of taking Udo's Fall than of taking the Uneasy Watchmen... So let's go for Udo's Fall.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 01:49:54 PM »
That's actually a good plan, in a sick tormented eviiiiil sort of way. :lol:   But I like it.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 01:53:06 PM »
Well, rethinking it... Talabecland DOES need another round to fully capture Udo's Fall, meaning we have some time before they can attack us. Forget the Fall. Take the Watchmen!!!

(Am I indecisive or what  :wink: ? Just brainstorming, I'm sticking with attacking the Watchmen now)

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 07:02:50 PM »
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Some foul goblin got his grubby hands on my numbers and messed them up! The Round 3 scores for Middenland and Stirland at The Uneasy Watchman have accidentally been swapped during the tally. Many thanks to the watchful Middenlanders who first got a clue that something was amiss. My sincere apologies for the mistake!

The Uneasy Watchman results should be:

Stirland gained 14,600 points
Middenland-Kislev gained 11,350 points

Round 3 Control Rates:
Stirland: 30,900
Middenland-Kislev: 32,350

The Uneasy Watchman remains CONTROLLED by THE MIDDENLAND-KISLEV ALLIANCE
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 09:54:19 AM »
A difference of only 1450 points? We're definitely going for the watchmen!

Offline PygmyHippo

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Washington, DC, U.S.A.
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 05:06:21 PM »
Again, this is only my 2 cents.  Do with it what you will.

We must ignore the Uneasy Watchman.  

It makes no sense for us to bother taking it.  We will waste 2 rounds to get to Bechafen that way.  Sure, we only need a few points to contest it.  Regardless, we contest this round no matter how big a margin we retake it by.  We need to put all our energy into Udo's to save ourselves 1 round.  Two rounds of not being able to put any results into Bechafen is going to doom us.

We  must attack Udo's Fall, then Bechafen.  If all we want to do is end the campaign with our original territories, then yes, it's reasonable to retake the Uneasy Watchman.  But I feel the goal is Bechafen.  We must put the Grafin on the throne, and we need Bechafen for the fluff to do this.  Let the land be in shambles in the meantime.  We are going to lose Udo's and be hard pressed to regain a launching point for Bechafen.  And even if we do retake the Watchmen, then we've still given away 2 whole rounds where opposing factions can dump huge amounts of points into the capital.

There's no point contesting Watchman, retake Udo's instead.  As always, I will help the faction in whatever they decide, but I believe we need to commit all forces to Udo's, followed by total force committment to Bechafen.

marcus

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 11:03:13 PM »
Looks like we are going to need a final (more final than the first) ruling from demonslayer.  I think we should continue at udos fall but ill follow any sort of orders.
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 05:33:39 AM »
I'm with PygmyHippo, still.  I think we need to retake Udo's Falls so that we can keep pressure on Bechafen.  I'd love to kick in the wolf's teeth just as much as the next Stirlander, but we MUST take Bechafen...I've thought so from the start.  Let's hit the Talebeclanders (sp?), take Bechafen, and then give those mangy mutts what's coming to them!
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 11:55:24 AM »
Very well then. In my opinion, it's still better to not provoke Talabecland now that they are attacking Middenland. But making a way to Bechafen is perhaps more profitable, though not the most diplomatic.
We retake Udo's Fall. However I'm not willing to lose the Watchmen now that we're so close to capturing (or at least contesting) it. Therefore, I'm assigning myself, wojammer and DanielHellion (both of them willing to attack Middenland) to attacking the Uneasy Watchmen. Everybody else goes for Udo's Fall.
I'll post this in the final orders thread.

Offline DanielHellion

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 06:35:41 PM »
I am indeed planning on posting some at the Uneasy, as I just beat the SH*T out of Middenland is okay 5 GAMES IN A ROW!! 2 Solid Victories, and 3 MASSACRES!!! Finally, someone I can take down!
'Ello Poppet!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2005, 06:38:25 PM »
Congratz  :) . Unfortunately you and wojammer will be acting without me. Due to some misunderstandings I'm not at liberty to post any battles the next few days... so good luck!

Offline DanielHellion

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2005, 07:26:37 PM »
oh well.... We shall try to uphold your good name.
'Ello Poppet!