home

Author Topic: round 4  (Read 2745 times)

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
round 4
« on: August 16, 2005, 10:40:47 PM »
Well, the new modifiers will certainly make things interesting. With a 25% bonus at the Uneasy Watchman, Stirland will probably try and contest it once again. Hopefully they turn their attention to the Middenlanders, and not to us.

Also, let's hope that Middenland rushes to defend the place, and gives us some opportunity to gain a foothold at Kaltenbach. Well, I'm happy that I saved my "river crossing" battles now!

I suggest that we first post some battles at Udo's Fall, to get even more points there, and discourage the Stirlanders from any serious attempt to try and take it (let them have a go at the Watchman instead, and leave us alone!). If the Middenlanders want to hold the Watchman, they'll have to put a lot of effort in it, and maybe that gives us the opportunity to attack Kaltenbach.

So, I propose the following:

1) First post ome battles at Udo's Fall, to reinforce it even further

2) If it goes well at Udo's, to attack Kaltenbach. We cannot afford the Mid's to build up their defences with that +25% modifier, we have to post some battles there to keep in the running.

EDIT: oh well, never mind... I've seen that there already is a Talabecland battle posted at Kaltenbach. :?
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
round 4
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 12:34:36 AM »
That wasn't supposed to happen yet! That means we need to save battles to see what the enemy does on all fronts.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline episteme

• Members
round 4
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 12:39:15 AM »
A surprise attack would have been better. Does anyone know who this Justin Hunter is? I guess this means we'll have to attack Udo's and defend from Middenland. (Should have attacked last round).
Te morturi Salutant

Offline episteme

• Members
round 4
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 12:41:18 AM »
We can also try to play some skirmish/Mordheim games to increase the riot levels over what Stirland have in Bechafen, since they can't attack it.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
round 4
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 01:00:25 AM »
Well, I guess this just makes things harder. Middenland will surely defend Kaltenbach now.

Still, I'd like to try and take Kaltenbach, but that will depend on what Stirland does. If they attack in force, we will probably not be able to hold it. If they direct their main attack at Kaltenbach, we might have a good chance.

And I really think we'd be wise to try and get some points at Kaltenbach. it's obvious that the campaign fiction strongly advocates this, and that is already a reason on its own for me. However, the Middenlanders will have to do something if they want to hold the Watchman, so they won't be able to throw everything they got at us. And they are not that much stronger than we are...

We'd be best to throw a few battles at Udo's (and I do mean a few-two, maybe three) to clearly show the stirlanders that we do mean to hold onto it, and that they'd be better off attacking the Uneasy Watchman. After that, we can wait and see what happens.

@ episteme: no, i'm glad we didn't attack last round. We can now basically gain free points with this modifier, and I've still saved the battles I can post there. We're as ready as ever to attack it, I think. That's not to say that the arrival (or return) of more active members would be welcome... Oh, and I do like the idea of getting some skirmish battles in at Bechafen. We often fight these as a sort of warm-up, so I might be able to throw in a few battles. Do they count towards the "one battle a day" rule?
cisse

Offline episteme

• Members
round 4
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 06:56:57 AM »
Nah, post as many skirmishes as you like dude (well as many as you play anyway). They are nice because they take very little time. My mates are getting sick of me asking for games constantly with Uni. and all so may not get as many this round, sorry guys.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
round 4
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 08:57:16 AM »
I posted two skirmishes I played yesterday. I have two games later today, and I'll be posting them (if I win, that is) shortly after.

Oh, and it seems that we're attacking Kaltenbach now anyaway, so...
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
round 4
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 11:03:07 PM »
Why yes we are! I think we should put everything towards Kaltenbach, till it becomes obvious we will lose Udo's. We were leading by 5000 points when the round started, so maybe leave it till Kaltenbach is looking close. I am posting another battle at Kaltenbach today(only a solid victory though).
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
round 4
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 11:46:23 PM »
Allright.

I will post the two "river crossing" battles I saved from last round at Kaltenbach then. Also, I have played a battle against Dark Elves (and one against Dwarves, but I lost that one) and had a major victory, using the "Raid" scenario, so I'll post it at Udo's Fall. Oh, and I played another skirmisch scenario. I'll post it at Bechafen.
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
round 4
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 02:01:16 AM »
WOOOT!!!!! Keep it up Cisse!!(how do you say that, btw?) I do not think that the Mids expected us to take up the offer of the campaign team.

But seriously, they will have to choose between us and the Uneasy. A good thing about that modifier is that it should keep the fighting to Kaltenbach, meaning we have a chance to luanch TWO one way wars! Stirland can't attack us, and, if the Mids play as I think they will, it will be the same there! We should take advantage of this, by launching what battles we have into these places only; the Brustenbruck should be fine for now.

As I said earlier, we should leave Udo's till it looks ugly, then rescue it. But it is not as important as contesting Kaltenbach(I don't know if this will happen, but we should try)

Just my two cents,

Helblasting_Sigmar
Gave into the WoW.

Offline HoS

• Members
I dunno....
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 03:21:19 AM »
Maybe we should just make a front of attacking Kaltenbach, really SEIZE control at a Udo's, and next round attack Bechafen: supposedly the prize of the campaign. What say you?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
round 4
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 10:07:28 AM »
I think we have to at least stay alongside the Mids at Kaltenbach, because of the modifier. We can't allow them to build up their defences too heavily.

As for Udo's Fall: we should defend it, just because it cuts off Stirland from Bechafen. Even if the Stirs contest the Watchman, they won't be able to attack Bechafen for another round after that if we hold Udo's Fall.

Bechafen is too hard for us to take I believe, but we can make it the others difficult too. I think we shouldn't really attack it (certainly not now), but just keep posting a number of skirmishes there. I've now arranged that I play a skirmish before each game, so I'll post those there.
cisse

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
round 4
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 10:10:09 AM »
Keep the skirmishes coming in. A slow but steady shift of power in Bechafen will see us right.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
round 4
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 12:20:05 AM »
Will do! I played three more battles, and won two of them (and 3 out of 4 skirmishes-they are already posted). I'll post these later, but where?

I think it's important to hold on to Udo's Fall. Firstly, it will make it impossible to the Stirlanders to attack Bechafen. Secondly, our position there is at the moment stronger than at Rhya's Sisters. If we can't hold the Stirlanders back now, we probably will not be able to do so at the Sisters!

And Kaltenbach... Well, we put a lot of points there, but that's mostly because of the modifier (and the obvious plotting of the campaign "directors"). I would very much like to contest Kaltenbach, if only because of the story behind it.

But, can we muster enough support to do both? Maybe it's a good idea to see how much battles we can still gather this round, and then decide what to do. We have 5500 points more than Stirland at Udo's, but I think it would be wise to reinforce it with some last-minute (well, last day in any case, since we don't know the exact tally time) results. And we need 1700 points to contest Kaltenbach, but, again, some points extra to be sure would be welcome.

So, what can we still do? Oh, and how many battles can we post this round? I've totally lost track of the number of days this round lasts...
cisse

Offline episteme

• Members
round 4
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 12:50:35 AM »
Stirland have barely touched Udo's. We might be able to hold it with just a couple of battles.  :wink:
Te morturi Salutant

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
round 4
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2005, 07:21:56 AM »
That has changed-a lot!

They have posted a total of 5000 points there by now, and we posted only 900. We need to reinforce it if we want to keep it! I'll post my last battle there when I get back this , but that's all I can do...
cisse

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
round 4
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2005, 10:49:05 AM »
Well, the Middenlanders have posted 5 more battles at Kaltenbach at the moment, and we're some 6000 points behind now. It seems Kaltenbach is beyond our reach, so I suggest we post all remaining battles at Udo's Fall (badly needed, since the Stirs also started a last-minute attack).
cisse

Offline episteme

• Members
round 4
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 01:46:12 PM »
We're in trouble now.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
round 4
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 02:46:35 PM »
Definitely. :x

As far as I can see (if I've not miscounted), we still hold Udo's Fall, so let's hope this campaign round ends quickly. And if anyone still has some battles to post, please do so at Udo's Fall!

I've fought two other battles by the way, and had a major victory (using the raid scenario again, but now as the defender) and a minor loss. I also have one more skirmish to add. I know we'll probably never be able to take Bechafen, but we can make it difficult for the other factions too.
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
round 4
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2005, 03:59:16 PM »
Damn! Wish I had not posted that last one at Kaltenbach, oh well.But I couldn't really not, it was such a fun battle, and the board was modelled specially for the scenario I typed up!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline HoS

• Members
round 4
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2005, 01:43:52 AM »
Looks like we blundered, we shall soon reap the reward of our over-reaching. What should we do? Attack bechafen with everything? Fortify our two outposts, and prepare to fight for our lives in the Capitol? I do not think Middenland will stop attacking us, so we shall have to figure something else out. Stirland will prolly stop, but only if the Mids attack the uneasy once more. So, what should we do?
Gave into the WoW.