home

Author Topic: Kislev is not smiling quite so much......  (Read 5378 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Kislev is not smiling quite so much......
« on: August 23, 2005, 10:40:54 AM »
The Knyaz has just received the stats and they make some interesting figures.

At the start of Round 5, and with the initial 15,000 points per location removed, total points scored per faction were as follows, [modifiers are included];

Stirland - 125350
Talabecland - 77900
Middenland/Kislev - 71350

I'm not very good at tables, but here are the round by round points per faction, with round 1 missing I am afraid:

Round .............Stirland.....................Talabec...............Mid/Kis

2: ...................19650 ...................... 7450 .................. 8350
3: .................. 31250 ..................... 19950 ................ 17900
4: .................. 38350 ..................... 19850 ................ 28250

There are some oddities, in that round 2 seemed very low scoring, and scores have generally grown round by round, and we had a surge last round due to some new faces and sets of battles falling right. I am not sure how it is with the other factions, but we have members who seem to game only fortnightly - the wife insists they have ONE weekend in two at home some of the time :wink:  

Stirland overall seen to have posted roughly 61% more points than Middenland / Kislev, and 75% more than Talabecland.

The only thing that seems to have stemmed the Stirland tide is the lack of fighting on the Middenland/Kislev - Talabecland front in the first 3 rounds.
 :wink:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 12:36:20 PM »
I am glad to see Stirland is doing so well :) . About time the whole "work-as-hard-as-you-can-but-still-don't-get-anywhere-because-others-team-up-on-you" stopped.

The only thing that seems to have stemmed the Stirland tide is the lack of fighting on the Middenland/Kislev - Talabecland front in the first 3 rounds.

And is it better to have two factions stomp on one? I think not. Two versus one is rather boring... I'm enjoying the campaign much more now that the war has truly started on all sides  :-D , at least now it's a fair fight...
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 02:04:53 PM »
Quote from: Demonslayer

at least now it's a fair fight...

:shock:
Did you read the rest of the post, and look at the figures :?:

So it's a 'fair 3-way fight' if Stirland is virtually as big as the other two put together................

I haven't bothered to post the 'points per post' averages, because we on the Middenland / Kislev faction actually seem to play well matched opponents and come up with a realistic pattern of results.

I actually wonder if I am on the same planet as some people.............

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 02:54:07 PM »
You are on the same planet as me, as far as I know.  There's nothing unusual or "unrealistic" about my pattern of victories...check them out if you're that concerned about it.  Just because you have a problem with one general in our army, don't condemn the rest of us.  What should the Stirland faction do, order our generals to stop fighting so much?  

Frankly, I think it reflects well on both Ulrican factions that we haven't run away with this thing.  The numbers seem to indicate that we should be, right?
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 05:30:18 PM »
I don't know where you are Midaski, but I am right here on Cadia! Born a Cadian, raised a Cadian, maybe this whole obsession with everything martial is helping, lol.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 09:06:45 PM »
In a fight, there will always be one that is "stronger" than others. This is not unfair, it is survival of the fittest. I thought an Ulrician would understand that, since they admire strength so much.
When three people fight each other on the street, it is a fair fight. When a group gangs up on one person, even if that person is stronger, it is far from a fair fight.
Stirland simply does more fighting than Talabecland and Middenland. Is it so bad to enjoy a campaign so much that you play lots of battles? No. Does fighting a lot, and therefore posting a lot, interfere with the fluff of the campaign? No. Is it unfair to do your very best when fighting? No. Then, Stirland has not played an unfair battle.
Is it unfair to fight one person with two others? Yes. Does not fighting between Talabecland and Middenland interfere with fluff? Yes.
As far as I can see, Stirland was the only one being treated unfairly. And back then we weren't whining about it.
And now, please stop hating us for liking the campaign, pick up that cannon and blast us all to smithereens like a good Ulrician, will you  :wink: ?

Btw, @helblaster: what is Cadia? Smething 40k?
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 09:44:27 PM »
I haven't done much battle posting, so I really don't feel as though I should chime in much in the campaing.  You shouldn't be able to tell others what to do (or even suggest for that matter) if you yourself are not doing anything to back it up is my philosophy.  However, I hope that tensions don't get overheated because of this campaign.  I'm not accusing anyone on any side of anything, but whenever conversations are brought up wondering why this side is doing this or that, the 'C' word, as General H said somewhere, does seem to creep up and then pride kicks in.  I have to admit that in the early going I thought at first it seemed a bit 'unfair' that we in the Stirland faction were getting trounced and beat upon, and then I quickly realized that it's a war!  There were contingencies taken by the campaign staff to remedy these issues, the modifiers and such.  So in the end, I'm sure it'll work itself out.  I seriously doubt that anyone will be steam rolled here.  Things looked dreadful for Stirland in the first few weeks, and now they've changed a bit.  It can totally reverse on us in no time.  The only thing that will solve this is time and the brave lads that will sacrifice themselves for their cause.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Gyg

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 10:53:01 PM »
Above animosities are IMHO due to the system of reporting battles.
By no means I am criticizing the system but IMHO it would be better to report any results, not only wins and draws.
Then everyone would be restricted to one game each day, no matter what is the result.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 12:31:18 AM »
Two people ganging up on one isn't fair but it's life and war, deal with it. The only reason that Stirland got double teamed is because it's good tactics. Talabecland seems to be smart, there is no real advantage in attacking Middenland, however denying the concentration of forces of the faction that is more powerful than every other one put together is simply common sense.

How is Stirland being "treated unfairly"? It's not like the Campaign Team got together and said "Okay lets go screw with the Stirlanders for no reason!" and it's not like the Miidenlanders and Talabeclanders decided to be best of friends and attack the mean ol' Graf Martin.

If anyone is being treated unfairly than it's the Middenlanders we are probably the weakest faction, the only reason we have done so well is sound tactics. In the last round we were bombarded by modifiers actually encourageing the first and second most powerful faction to pounce on us. We are being punished for being smart.
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 12:32:33 AM »
The Cadian Gate is the system guarding the Eye of Terror, whence all abominations of Chaos spring. Cadia is the prime planet in the Cadian Sector, and is the home of the Cadian 8th, and the famous Ursarkar E. Creed.  Cadia has the finest warriors in the Imperium(barring the blessed Adeptus Astartes, and other genetically modified Adeptus's and Ordo's) So yes, it is something 40k :-D lol
Gave into the WoW.

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 05:56:18 AM »
I was writing a long rant on how the campaign system and modifiers work in the long term, but then I figured, nah forget it! One or two people may have seen the first draft before I edited it out, and they'll keep quiet if they know what's good for them :x

Suffice to say that all which has been said by the team on this subject in the past still stands. And like the man said - if you get into a fair fight, you've done something wrong.

Alas, the hungry gods whose evil laughter you dance to are displeased by such whining in the public forum ;) I guess they'll be wanting more bloodshed and cruelty now. My best suggestion is for you lot to keep fighting hard, especially when the going is uphill, and keep a cool head, as that seems to impress them.

Good luck!
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 07:58:21 AM »
@jmanwarhammer: Stirland was being treated unfairly because no matter how hard they fought, they were STILL losing, even though they are posting the most battles. We couldn't help our situation, because no matter how many posts we'd made, there'd still be more by the other two factions combined. I'm not complaining about it, I know it's all in the game. And I love the game.
All I'm pointing out is that a while ago Stirland wasn't being treated very nicely and we didn't say anything about it, because t was alright with us.
However, Middenland CAN post more battles. It's not like Talabecland isn't attacking us or something, so that should make it pretty even.
All I'm saying is: don't blame the fact that you can post less battles on us. Blame it on your jobs, wives, kids, school, girlfriend, whatever. But WE'RE not stopping you from posting as many battles as you like.
I hope that Middenland gets things in perspective now, because all this "you have more time to play than I do! No fair!" is starting to get real old real fast...

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 03:10:26 PM »
Stirland was being treated unfairly because no matter how hard they fought, they were STILL losing, even though they are posting the most battles.

Your assuming that the reason for your loss is no fault of your own; and you know what they say about assumption.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 03:13:27 PM »
Enough smack talk, guys. Get back in character. You got a problem with the way this campaign is run, go take a cold shower :P

(if that doesn't fix it, send me an email with your concerns)
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 03:31:39 PM »
No problem with how the campaign's being run here :-D .

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 06:41:05 AM »
No problem with the campaign, thanks, its great. I am in character, I'm just talking smack at my weak-kneed, foolish, pathetic opponents. (Thats a joke by the way).  :twisted:
Te morturi Salutant

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 08:41:34 AM »
Likewise. It's Midaski that started the post, and as any Stirland general, I can't just let anything the Ulricians say go by... "unattended"... :twisted:

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 08:41:01 PM »
Unfortunetly the vile Stirland attendence, or rather intteruption, only serves to lesson the conversation as simply being in proximity to one of Graf's boys tends to lower the IQ of those with whom he is conversing with (and by conversing I mean spitting non-sensical insults.).
[Elsewhere]

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 01:17:37 AM »
What? Does it stop you from being able to spell or even construct sentences properly?
Te morturi Salutant

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2005, 09:33:23 PM »
So Midaski, looking at your numbers, last round Middenland scored 9000 points more than Talabecland, and now they get an overall +25% modifier?
I'm feeling left out... :wink:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 03:06:59 AM »
Don't feel to bad your only getting the middle of the stick rather then the long end or the short end.
[Elsewhere]

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2005, 09:15:38 PM »
Quote from: cisse
So Midaski, looking at your numbers, last round Middenland scored 9000 points more than Talabecland, and now they get an overall +25% modifier?
I'm feeling left out... :wink:

Well maybe that 9000 had something to do with one of your members forgetting to post - just freakin'.

I do have to congratulate you though - you have a core of what 6 or 7 of you who are participating fully.

We on the other hand probably have 15 or more who post the odd battles - we only have 1 or 2 who manage more than a game a week - though the UK Bank Holiday certainly helped this round - some of us had more games this weekend than they used to have in a month. :wink:

The campaign and our SE battles day last weekend seems to have had a positive effect on our little group, and 2 members who haven't played for months have come out of the woodwork.............
 :wink:

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2005, 10:00:07 PM »
Well maybe that 9000 had something to do with one of your members forgetting to post - just freakin'.

Oh, that... Well, we all have our problems. :wink:
I do have to congratulate you though - you have a core of what 6 or 7 of you who are participating fully.

Thanks. Speaking for myself, I've been able to play so many games because it's the last weeks of the school holidays here. With a lot of gamers and a lot of spare time, we are able to organise quite a lot of "battle days". Granted, I'm doing more games than I normally would, even in this time of year, but that's part of a campaign, isn't it?
This will mostly end on September the 1st: I'm at university, and only have to go back to the lessons in the end of september, but a lot of people aren't that lucky. :wink:
The campaign and our SE battles day last weekend seems to have had a positive effect on our little group, and 2 members who haven't played for months have come out of the woodwork.

Glad to hear it. I have to admit that this is the first time that I participate in a well designed campaign, and it really makes you play more games. I like it. :)
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...