home

Author Topic: Tactics for Round 7  (Read 5282 times)

Offline Middenland_is_Okay

• Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2005, 07:46:57 PM »
Yeah, that is pathetic, I don't even think Demonslayer was mad! He really needs to lighten up, I mean, Demonslayer and Helblaster wrangled for WEEKS before the campaign, and Helblaster took Demonslayer's side on the penalty period.
I make no sense, and I don't care!!

Offline Elieress

• Members
  • Slaanesh.. Just a painting project... I promise...
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2005, 09:11:00 AM »
I just put in a few at kaltenbach... The result of a friendly weekend and a few  1000 point battles...

They should however give us quite a bit of points.
Elieress... Just an old RPG name that got stuck to most of my online profiles...

CPH denmark

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2005, 09:38:03 AM »
@Elieress

You had the effect of countering episteme and also pulling us slightly in the lead at Kaltenbach doing your faction a huge service.

Now we sit on the edge of what could be a great last two rounds or disaster for us.

We are 1250 ahead at Kaltenbach and thus will survive a fully modified massacre. (Assuming my figures are correct) Most all of T-Lands reports are in now but there is a potential for around 3 games based on previous rounds averages.

We are 2800 ahead at TUW but Stirland have hardly reported this round. This may be due to Morale or it may be due to a last minute rush at it.

We have severly underposted this round, way under our average post count. I'm guessing like me we were on the losing end of some games this round.

What I think we need is at Least one more post at Kaltenbach and then the rest at TUW.

Losing either of those locations will practically seal our fate.
To win the campaign I estimate we have to take a location from T-Land and the only one available to us is Brustenbach. If we go contested at Kaltenbach we cant do that.

If we lose at TUW then Stirland will surely come for Fort G and we wont have the points to attack at Brustenbach.

If we win at both. Then we are sitting with a chance.

Offline Elieress

• Members
  • Slaanesh.. Just a painting project... I promise...
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2005, 09:43:28 AM »
I had one more fully modified battle at kaltenbach that obviously was lost in my first attempt at posting my weekend results...

That should make a grand total of five battles...  

If anyone is sitting around on their results, please make sure you post them before the round draws to an end...
Elieress... Just an old RPG name that got stuck to most of my online profiles...

CPH denmark

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2005, 09:57:05 AM »
Well we may be enough ahead now at Kaltenbach to feel comfortable ?

Maybe the rest now at TUW ?

I know Vann Harl is sitting on a 1600 pointer

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2005, 11:48:07 AM »
Ok I am over my temper tantrum. :roll:

Just caught me at the wrong time.

Looking at things, it seems quite quiet all round this round - if you can understand that :wink:

Stirland have hardly posted anything, and Demonslayer nothing so far which I find incredible.
Maybe there is the 'back to school' factor for some of the youngsters, and some of the adults are getting bored...........

.....and just when I persuaded my group to play more smaller games too.
We actually had a great session yesterday - playing 4 smaller battles on 4x4 size, when the alternative was one 2000 point battle on a 6x4.

..and I even tried the 'foraging' scenario - it was quite easy for my highly mobile CoU (hounds, WWKnights, Archers and wolfkin) and Kislev Lancers and Horse Archers to 'capture' the supplies - it wasn't quite so easy for the Ld 5 hounds to hang on to them :wink:

In the end I had the hounds running the 'markers' back into my deployment zone - 'delivering supplies' to my warrior units :idea:
 :lol:

Anyway we really need to pull out the troops for the final rounds now.
We do need our other faction members to appear over the next few days - with whatever they can manage.
Much of our strength has been a lot of us posting a few bits each - the single battles contributed randomly in odd rounds, has helped a lot, and if the other factions have monitored results and posts, probably confused them greatly.
 :-D

If we can hold the Watchman and Kaltenbach now today - then I'd love to hit Brustenbruck and Bechafen with everything possible next round.
 :wink:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2005, 11:55:36 AM »
Your hounds are Retrievers then ? :)

A couple of the missing reports from Stirland are Americans and may well still come. Its about 9am right now on the East coast.

T-Land still had a good posting rate of their regulars.

I just failed to win anything this round so my count is low (1). I suppose now isnt the right time for experimental armies but I also want a new concept for the national tournament in 11 Days time.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2005, 12:04:42 PM »
Quote from: Rorrak
Your hounds are Retrievers then ? :)

Groannnnnnnnnn!

Well we may have some USA/Canada posters too - rha hasn't posted yet
It will work both ways -
if Calvin holds off the round end to try and give the Stirlanders a chance to post - we should have our 'troops' coming in as well..................

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2005, 12:34:38 PM »
Bleh I emailed Vann Harl this morning reminding him to post his game and suggesting at Kaltenbach because we were slightly behind. Dam ISP took its darn time delivering the email and maybe it could have been better used at TUW.

I suppose now Kaltenbach is secure and gives us a bit more buffer in next turns slug fest thats comming there.

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2005, 12:49:37 PM »
Ok I am over my temper tantrum

You're still not chewing pencils (or toothpicks), are you? :-D
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2005, 02:29:58 PM »
Righty o' then. I'll try to russle up a few wins for the boys in blue today, assuming the round is still open when I get back.

And us Florida guys have been in school for over a month now. I'm not sure if that's the same in the rest of the states though, I think Texas gets back in way late.
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline rha celt

• Members
I've posted
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2005, 03:33:47 PM »
I split my battle reports just because both areas looked close. One solid to Kaltenbach, a solid to the watchman and a massacre to the watchman. I hope we retain both.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2005, 03:37:07 PM »
If my results are right we have a good shot at holding both.

Any results at Kaltenbach wont hurt so long as there is no late rush at TUW because next round there is going to be a big fight at the kaltenbach / brustenbach border and the bigger our buffer the better.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2005, 05:53:01 PM »
Looks like we'll hold Kaltenbach, and take the Watchman.

Stirland are dead and it looks like they know it - looking at the forums front page, no-one seems to have posted in their forum for 3 days? Very Strange - have they given up?

With only Hohleburg alive - it will take them 2 rounds now to get access to Bechafen., so they can only use skirmishes there.

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2005, 06:28:20 PM »
Only you can see their forum would be my guess. I only see ours and the campaign report forum once I log in.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2005, 07:09:38 PM »
Being a mod he can see everything, though he swore he wouldn’t peek. :-D
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2005, 08:27:52 PM »
Just pulled another Massacre out of my brother. Where should I put it, or should I hold it till next round?
[Elsewhere]

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2005, 08:30:20 PM »
Just came back from the Battle Report forum, nevermind.

The Talabeclanders put in a huge effort at Kaltenbach. It seems their battle reports run almost the entire length of the first page.
[Elsewhere]

Offline Nightshadow

• Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2005, 09:54:20 PM »
Just read the results, we have held Kaltenbach and now control TUW!

Good job.
Graf Wilhelm Anderssen, Leading the Marburg Company (Stirland), joining Helstrom's 4th.
Awarded with the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation and the Scroll of Ludendorf.
NC: 5/2/1

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2005, 10:25:08 PM »
Quote from: Calvin
Being a mod he can see everything, though he swore he wouldn’t peek. :-D

and I haven't - inside the forum.

The problem is that I can see every forum on the opening forums page, so I can see the Title, and the last poster's name and the time he posted, just as the other normal forums appear to all normal users.

Thus I can see Demonslayer Fri 4.39pm (my time).
 :wink:

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Tactics for Round 7
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2005, 12:04:11 AM »
I know you haven't looked inside, and if thats what you thought I meant then I am sorry. :oops:
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.