home

Author Topic: empire spears- what the point  (Read 14428 times)

Offline HighPriest Rian

• Members
Re: empire spears- what the point
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 04:07:37 PM »
lmao of wyzer.. nice point, well made  ::heretic::
Quote from: Dendo Star link
"When you play Empire, you must understand that every army is either tougher, scarier, better, stronger, faster, or inherently more powerful than you are.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 04:11:34 PM »
yo..guys

no need to be so rude and carry on. I think he may have gotten the picture.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 05:54:14 PM »
Bens right, lets let the boy learn by watching and be good grammitcal role models.  That means he should never read my mispelled posts!

Also Ben, I don't really use the 3 cannon anymore, I use 2 cannons, 17 greatswords (with a warpriest for 18 models 3x6) and a unit of 8 pistoliers.  I do use 3 cannon on dwarves if I think they are bringing a ton of shooting.

phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 05:58:01 PM »

see Greatswords are the unit I see least application in excepting a solid infantry line style force (i.e. 4 blocks). Until that point I just view Fast Cavalry as being too important. Even against the Stubborn.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 08:43:55 PM »
The title of this thread is a pun.  :happy: That is all i have to contribute. Thank you.
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0

Offline offroadfury88

• Members
  • Und die Vögel singen nicht mehr
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 08:48:59 PM »
is it me or is there no point in empire spears

Yeah there is! its at the end of the shaft
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
 -The Buddha

An act of kindness surpasses a thousand prayers
 -Sa'di

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 08:56:26 PM »
is it me or is there no point in empire spears
u get the same number of attacks from free company and they don't mind if they charge or not or whether they are one rank or two

u r kiding rght

:biggriin:

Mr Danny-D-B, please clean up the punctuation else fellow board members will continue to flick your hears and slap your head.  I know you can do it, I believe in you!

-Grutch

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 12:25:32 PM »
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Seriously though, pistoliers are not a good choice against dwarves since they can shoot them to oblivion.  Cannons all the way.

Phil

AHAHA Sigged!
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »
u r kiding rght

lolz

Phil
I thought I were on Youtube for a second there.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008, 12:37:34 PM »
see Greatswords are the unit I see least application in excepting a solid infantry line style force (i.e. 4 blocks). Until that point I just view Fast Cavalry as being too important. Even against the Stubborn.

Keep in mind my normal list runs two stubborn units, one LD9 one LD8, with a BSB for rerolls and a big block of flagellants.  So I do run a three block infantry line.  I then use knights instead of FC for disruption duty.

I think we use similar lists, I just like the 1+ AS of knights.

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Lord Karnik

• Members
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »
I can not resists I have to throw a jab at philly T: 

Also Ben, I don't really use the 3 cannon anymore, I use 2 cannons, 17 greatswords (with a warpriest for 18 models 3x6) and a unit of 8 pistoliers.  I do use 3 cannon on dwarves if I think they are bringing a ton of shooting.

so when was the last time I did not see 3 cannons or even 4 against you?
"To improve on something takes understanding of what already is and requires thought.  To invent something new is genius"

yet another reason dwarfs are better then humans

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2008, 05:55:58 PM »

Keep in mind my normal list runs two stubborn units, one LD9 one LD8, with a BSB for rerolls and a big block of flagellants.  So I do run a three block infantry line.  I then use knights instead of FC for disruption duty.

I think we use similar lists, I just like the 1+ AS of knights.

Phil

I'd be interested in your critique of my All Cav list. I played against a PD13 (well 14 as he can store 1) Manfred and 2 lv2 vampire list today. I have dropped my wizard for another Captain. So my list:

Kurt
BSB- Sword of Power
Priest- Icon of Mag, Hammers of Judgement
Captain- Sword of sigismund

5 knights
5 knights
5 knights
8 knights- warbanner, full command
8 knights- banner of arcane warding, fullcommand

5 pistoliers
cannon
cannon
stank
stank.

his list:

Manfred
lv2 vamp
lv2 vamp
wright king with KB on 5+

10 skellies
10 skellies
20 zombies
15 ghouls
15 ghouls
15 ghouls
6 wraiths w/banshee
Vargulf
3 fell bats
3 fell bats.

Manfred killed himself with a miscast. Kurt died in challenge againt wright king. Magically i coped but it wasn't fun. A modification of my list slaughted 2 vamp players last week. Going to try and play vamps gain tomorrow. I wish Kurt had a wardsave.