home

Author Topic: Catchin' up with the Cap'n  (Read 14576 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Catchin' up with the Cap'n
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 11:11:47 PM »
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

I'm so making this my sig. 

Welcome back again, Cap'n.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Crimsonsphinx

• Members
  • A mind without purpose walks in dark places
    • marcwalpole
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 07:39:10 AM »
Id add you on facebook, but I dont know what yours is Captain.  You can add me if you like, mines on my forum profile link and on the left of every post I put down   :-D
Stare into the Abyss and the Abyss stares back.

Visit my 40k blog http://2plusdispel.blogspot.com/ updated four or more times a month and offers painting advice and gaming advice for warhammer 40,000

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
Cool, I'll add you this weekend... first I've got to reset my password on it though... I haven't had much time to use it since we opened the store, so I've forgotten my password.  I'm going to have to learn this Twitter thing too so that I can get the menu out to the cottagers coming through town on Friday nights this summer.

For an IT guy, I sure am behind the times.  :icon_lol:
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 08:21:39 AM »
Well shit. I missed this thread completely because I was studying. I was wondering what rock you crawled out from under....

Good to see you're back, Philly even featured you in his member quiz a couple of months ago.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 01:11:30 PM »
Member quiz?  I'll have to go digging for that and see what that is all about.  :icon_biggrin:

Edit:  Glad to be back, and I hope I can stay pretty active, we'll see what happens in May after I've finished up with my job and go to the bakery full time.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:17:44 PM by Captain Tineal »
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 03:29:35 PM »
Member quiz?  I'll have to go digging for that and see what that is all about.  :icon_biggrin:

Edit:  Glad to be back, and I hope I can stay pretty active, we'll see what happens in May after I've finished up with my job and go to the bakery full time.
Yeah, good luck with the move to self-employment! I hope it pans out for you and your wife.

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 03:49:33 PM »
Thanks Obi.  So far so good.  We actually have been making money right from the get go, which is something most food establishments can't do, and we're doing business volume in the winter (slow time) that we were predicting in the late spring, so we're ahead of schedule.  We were so busy off the start that we actually had to hire 3 people, when we only expected to hire 1 to start.  Not too bad for a town that only has 1100 people in it!  They've really come out to support the cause.

Glad to see I'm famous for running myself over, unlike here where I'm famous for running myself over while being in my house coat and boxer shorts.  :icon_lol:

Oh, and for anybody who says "I'd love to open a little cafe when I retire" I'll tell you right now, nobody who is retiring should do the amount of work it actually takes to do that.  80 hour work weeks are not retirement!  :evil:

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 03:59:38 PM »
Wow, that sounds great! I hope you two (or five) can keep it up, it sounds like you're enjoying what you're doing anyway. Cheers!

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra