home

Author Topic: Hexstaff???  (Read 3688 times)

Offline Boris Todbringer

• Members
Hexstaff???
« on: June 13, 2003, 01:49:43 AM »
What is this item? It showed up on my army builder. Its summary is "D3 dice, multiple miscasts." I think it appears in WD 262. What is a multiple miscast? Is it a one shot item? It's 0 points! It cant be bad!
You've got questions? I've got a cannon.

Offline squig87

• Members
  • The Dude
Hexstaff???
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 04:36:40 PM »
Well its 0 points so it really cant be too bad!!! hmmmm ive never heard of the item. it would be really cool if it caused the opposition d3 miscasts! but i dunno check with one of the pro's on the site or something or the workshop team. good luck trying and keep me informed as well i wanna know if this item really is cool
Citizen Erased

Offline Pallida Mors

• Members
Hexstaff???
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 05:23:09 PM »
Good day all!
This is my first post here and I hope I will help you to clarify this question.

In Chronicles 03 it stand that it cost 55pts, gives the bearer d3 more powerdices which can only be used by him and all 1's rolled with those dices makes the bearer lose one wound. Can be usefull but I think it is not so good...

Thats what I think it was Iam in a hurry so I could not take all the time I would have wanted to make this post better.
Pallida mors aequo pulsat pede pauperum tabernas regumque turres.

Offline Schmeisser

• Members
Hexstaff???
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 05:33:46 PM »
Hey there!
The Hexstaff is one of the treasures from the old ones (From the Albion campaign).
At 55 pts. it gives the bearer d3 extra power dice, rolled each magic phase. If any Hexstaff dice roll a 1 they cause a miscast, and since you might have rolled a 1 one the "ordinary" dices this could possible cause a multible miscast. One for the Hexdice and one for the normal miscast roll.
The hexstaff still has the possibility to draw out dispell dices from your opponent, even if you don't use them. Rather intimidating!

Take care out there!
" ..there is no act, however virtuous, for which ingenuity may not find some bad motive."
Thomas Jefferson, April 19, 1803.

Offline Boris Todbringer

• Members
Hexstaff???
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 01:19:24 AM »
Awwww....... :(
You've got questions? I've got a cannon.

Laffen

Hexstaff???
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 07:40:34 AM »
Greetings! Nice to see a decent Empire forum at last.

About the topic: It is really a shame that the Hexstaff costs 55 points and not 50... Who wants to expose your L4 Wizard to all those miscasts? If it had cost 50 points I would have used it on a L2 Wizard instead. On a L4 the risk is just too high... :(

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
Hexstaff???
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2003, 11:46:31 AM »
hell im using it anyway! that thing is great!
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.