home

Author Topic: 6th edition detachment article  (Read 1553 times)

Offline SirMixus

• Members
6th edition detachment article
« on: May 20, 2020, 12:43:11 PM »
Hi everyone

Friends and I are playing 6th edition again. At the moment im digging into the very early threads of this forum and a lot of people mentioned a 'How to use detachment'-article by TVI. But I can't find the article. Does anyone know where I can find it? It seems like it's lost.

Do you have other strategy threads or websites for 6th edition empire?

Thank you so much and all the best,
Michael

Offline The Black Knight

• Members
Re: 6th edition detachment article
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 02:50:05 PM »
Hi SirMixus.

Oh boy, TVI - that takes me back something like 15 years! His tactics were really insightful, sadly I do not have any of his articles saved. They used to be accessible through the links at the top of the page, but they seem long gone.

Perhaps some of the more 'veteran' forum members have them saved. Maybe Grutch does?
"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log

Offline SirMixus

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 10:58:18 PM »
Hey Black Knight

Thanks for replying. I didn't have much hope anyone is still interested in 6th edition, but I think it's simply great.
Do you know if TVI is still active and if it is possible to contact him directly?

Cheers,
SirMixus

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 11:03:24 PM »
There is a bit of a renewal for 6th edition ... so keep looking and you'll likely find someone who can provide more info.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 03:13:09 AM »
Midaski - Are you able to help? I vaguely remember that these are still stored somewhere...?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 08:36:04 AM »
TVI wrote much of his insights in his forum postings too. It's a bit of work to browse them, but I'd say it's worthwhile if you're into his style of Empire tactics.

He still used those same principles on the 8th ed. I think I found some of his list building principles on a 2012 Post.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline SirMixus

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 10:23:28 AM »
Thanks for all the responses! I'm looking for that detachment article for quite some time and couldn't find it in any of the threads. I am however reading through a lot of the old posts and it's so great. Like opening presents... ;)