home

Author Topic: Why I won't get into heaven  (Read 6818 times)

Offline mauleed

• Members
Re: Why I won't get into heaven
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 01:17:51 PM »
One thing though, how was your experience assembling 3 Steam Tanks?

After the first one I had it down pretty good. Hard to explain how I did it, but I could redo it again and again.

They'll never fit together perfectly, and I'm not industrious enough to fill and file them to appear to be, but it's passable when I do it.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 11:14:10 PM »
Because everyone who sees my list tells me I'm going to hell.
2 stanks, a waltar, 3 units of knights, helborg, 2 wizards and 3 cannons.

yup, you're going to fry. :mrgreen:

(very nicely painted and modeled though)

[@steveb, very nice post, but you are forgetting one thing. balance. games need to be balanced, or they wont be fun for both parties, which, at the end of the day, is the purpose of warhammer.]
     playing is always fun, even in a balanced game some one is going to win and some one is going to lose. In an unbalanced game you can lose but still feel really good if it was close or if you managed to do serious damage despite being on the short end, and sometimes the short end actually wins, all the more fun.  I basically trying to say that a little bit of variation would not hurt the game.    Do you ever play a game with objectives? like steal the outhouse or rescue the neighbors pig?  Some armies are better equiped to achieve the objective than others, but its still a good and interesting time.   Enjoy however you play. steveb

my point is that making things unbalanced points wise would make games more boring because one team would dominate. i dont have a problem losing.
but i wouldnt enjoy it if i got completely whupped everytime.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Reiklander

• Members
  • Reikland Prevails
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 12:10:58 AM »
i really like this army edster. it has the same painting style as your ultramarines and they were cool. blue is a pretty versatile colour and works well with metallics. i reckon it would do pretty well in games as well.

Offline HC_andersen

• Members
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 12:40:10 PM »
Uh-oh. You really, *really* like  winning, eh?

Looks good though.

Offline Hendrid

• Members
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 04:04:30 PM »
Not usually a fan of BLUE on mini's generally. I think it tends to dominate too much, but your Army does look kinda cool, pardon the pun.

The bases are good. I agree with you that decent bases make all the differance.