home

Author Topic: For feck's sake GW, NOT AGAIN!!!  (Read 38321 times)

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
Re: For feck's sake GW, NOT AGAIN!!!
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2009, 10:08:35 PM »
Don't go Dihenydd.

But if you do, I require a list of your models.  :engel:
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2009, 10:10:18 PM »
Wait, didn't they just raise the prices?
I was pleased there was more plastic to make it cheaper, but this is annoying.
And it will be before the new army is released?
At least after the IG!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Merrick

• Members
  • I say!
    • http://www.facebook.com/WinHereWinThereWinWinEverywhere
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2009, 10:10:42 PM »
You may need my address, Dihenydd.

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2009, 10:13:08 PM »
Since the announcement for GW canada, the number of ppl at the LGS has dropped to less than half.  There is one tourney all year on the prairies for 2009, everything else cancelled or reduced.  What's the point?

Yeah, I'll gather some lists this week I think.  Necrons, Ogres for a start.

EDIT

Yeah, I'll make lists for Necrons and Ogres in the TP tonight.  Looking for $, MoW, or Babylon 5 rules and figures.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:16:31 PM by Dihenydd »
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....

Offline Merrick

• Members
  • I say!
    • http://www.facebook.com/WinHereWinThereWinWinEverywhere
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2009, 10:13:44 PM »
Ogres you say.

Offline Parka

• Members
  • Nuffles Loves Me
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2009, 10:55:07 PM »
Wait, didn't they just raise the prices?

Yes, but apparently some people haven't got the message and still buy the figures LOL

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2009, 01:22:52 AM »
But they canceled events everywhere, not just GW Canada.  Additionally, I can't see where the removal of the name GW Canada would have that big of an effect on the LGS.  Why can't they run their own tournaments?  Is the populous that fragile?

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2009, 01:31:37 AM »
Ah well...

Damn. Just realized I'll have to empty my bank account before the price hike. Crap. Not all of the IG stuff will be on preorder by then. Double crap.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 02:18:32 AM »
But they canceled events everywhere, not just GW Canada.  Additionally, I can't see where the removal of the name GW Canada would have that big of an effect on the LGS.  Why can't they run their own tournaments?  Is the populous that fragile?

Phil

I can't understand why you don't get this, I've explained it before.  GW sponsored many tourney with prizes and resouces.  In return they set the rules.  Number one rule, only GW mini's can be used.

No GW sponsorship, no setting rules.  LGS's don't usually run tourneys.  Grey Knights do.  They cancelled Grey Knights.  No tourneys. 

Some clubs run tourneys.  GW won't give sponsorship.  Players say ok, we'll play but with no sponsorship either cost doubles so you can have prizes, or you give lame trophys.  Now tell me why I'm using the expensive GW models only again?

I know you are just trying to push buttons, but its getting irritating.

Offline Fog Of Waagh

• Members
  • Be better then a man, join the waagh effort!
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2009, 02:24:43 AM »
OHHH! *Grabs popcorn and watches.*
Scream WAAAGH and let slip the Boars of war!

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2009, 04:37:27 AM »
meh, I have fun playing with the guys up in Edm at the warroom.  Really we should get together to have some games down here and talk about setting up a similar club in the Cgy area.  I mean there used to be the red knights guys but they kind of disappeared a while ago.  Fire me a line we'll throw dice.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2009, 05:14:58 AM »
meh, I have fun playing with the guys up in Edm at the warroom.  Really we should get together to have some games down here and talk about setting up a similar club in the Cgy area.  I mean there used to be the red knights guys but they kind of disappeared a while ago.  Fire me a line we'll throw dice.

Yeah Rob and Albert do a great job as Grey Knights, but its going to shite right now it seems.  But time to move onto other games

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2009, 06:11:43 AM »
But time to move onto other games

This implies that other vendors support their games with tournaments. If they don't currently (you said LGS don't) what makes you think they will begin to?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stop you hating, more just suggesting that if a tournament wasn't there to start with, why would one start because GW's finished? I would more think that the change to GW's approach would serve more like a warning or omen for any vendor that even thinks of supporting a tournament - showing that even GW can't succeed...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2009, 09:06:49 AM »
As far as I know, most tournaments in Sweden, the most well known at least, are NOT GW sponsored. I canīt see why you Canadians seems to be so extremely GW dependant?

Many of the tournaments are connected to game conventions, general Cons, where there is also roleplays, boardgames, and other miniature games played. No need for GW there.
And this meant I stoped bothering about having to buy GW only minis and felt free to start looking for what I liked and could convert into my army, not just what would be 100% legal.
This meant a big relief, and a big joy of creative fun.
Why must you have exclusive GW tourneys? Theme up with the big cons and join the crowd of gamers and fans galore!
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2009, 10:39:05 AM »
So new plastics because plastics are cheaper...then they put the prices up...? In the depth of a recession??

I would LOVE to see their justification on that one that doesnt basically say "because our core customers are morons who we can bend over at  our pleasure"

All commodities are down across the board, oil is down to $50 a barell (It was over $150 last summer) and they put up prices??

ah well, thats them lost sales from me, I was going to buy some new plastics but not now, I will go to another company where I can get metals for the same price or cheaper and are just what I want.
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2009, 11:42:09 AM »
Yes, same here I belive, unless it is something I really, really want. Like the new huntsmen and greatswords.

And some Ork stuff. No one make orkz like GW.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Parka

• Members
  • Nuffles Loves Me
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »
But time to move onto other games

This implies that other vendors support their games with tournaments. If they don't currently (you said LGS don't) what makes you think they will begin to?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stop you hating, more just suggesting that if a tournament wasn't there to start with, why would one start because GW's finished? I would more think that the change to GW's approach would serve more like a warning or omen for any vendor that even thinks of supporting a tournament - showing that even GW can't succeed...

I don't get it why do we need vendors to support games with tournaments?  GW killed their own tournaments anyway by allowing them to be a complete freeforall. 

As generalization people can't be trusted and it falls within our peer groups to keep everyone in line and aust these who don't follow along.  So in MPOLG we have tons of patches to sew up all the glitches and other bugs and cheese that gimps (my term for WAAC players), and in warhammer we have comp scoring and restrictions.  GW don't believe (admit) their game is unbalanced so they tend to be PD SC freeforalls.

I've seen plenty of FoW tournaments about none of which have anything to do with Battlefront and the same goes for warhammer.  I'd be more than happy to put together gaming tournaments if I thought I could sell all the places.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2009, 02:22:23 PM »
I demand a obese Picard pic for this whole thread!

Karl?
My hood is my castle...

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2009, 07:04:33 PM »
I can't understand why you don't get this, I've explained it before.  GW sponsored many tourney with prizes and resouces.  In return they set the rules.  Number one rule, only GW mini's can be used.

No GW sponsorship, no setting rules.  LGS's don't usually run tourneys.  Grey Knights do.  They cancelled Grey Knights.  No tourneys. 

So most GW models look better than most of the 3rd party models.  Not that big of an issue.  Still use the ones that work for you.  Sounds more like you are lashing out with spite then sense Dihenydd.  As for no tourneys, that sounds like an LGS issue to me.  A decent store will put one on.

Some clubs run tourneys.  GW won't give sponsorship.  Players say ok, we'll play but with no sponsorship either cost doubles so you can have prizes, or you give lame trophys.  Now tell me why I'm using the expensive GW models only again?

So don't use ONLY GW models.  As for prizes and tropheys, when did you get all WAAC?  If you are saying people won't play because of the prizes being gone, who buys and paints a $400+ army for the chance to win $50 in prizes every few weeks?

I know you are just trying to push buttons, but its getting irritating.

When have I ever pushed your buttons intentionally?  I have never discussed anything with you on the boards in any manner where I didn't show you the utmost respect.

Phil
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:26:09 PM by PhillyT »
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2009, 07:22:11 PM »
When have I ever pushed your buttons intentionally? 

I suspect he might have mistaken you for me (may be the beard).

Except I don't try to push buttons, I push them flat.

The only thing I have seen growing on this site of late is GW hate and I am beginning to loose interest.

Tomorrow this whole place will be crawling with TWF Parkas.

Bye!
My hood is my castle...

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2009, 07:24:50 PM »
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
  • A.K.A Skabilly Takamaster.
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2009, 07:31:58 PM »
When have I ever pushed your buttons intentionally? 

I suspect he might have mistaken you for me (may be the beard).

Except I don't try to push buttons, I push them flat.

The only thing I have seen growing on this site of late is GW hate and I am beginning to loose interest.

Bye!

I am kinda sick of the hating aswell, but then again I can afford GW stuff most of the time(just blew a buch of cash in Denver though, so a bit behind right now) so this doesn't affect me as much as others.
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2009, 07:44:47 PM »
I'm not keen on a price increase... I only get to buy new stuff 4-5 times a year, but I usually dream about playing Warhammer at night (yes, I'm that addicted) so I doubt I'll quit buying stuff, but I won't be able to buy as much.
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2009, 08:11:40 PM »
Gaaa I think you might misunderstand.  I don't hate GW.  I've been playing since '92.  I wouldn't do that if I hated GW.

GW always set themselves as a higher standard here.  That standard included all these extras that set them apart from just another mini company.  Now they have cut away the extras and demand the same loyalty.  I'm not interested in that, but possibly.  My reward if I keep in the hobby?  Another price increase.

I don't hate GW, but I suspect GW doesn't respect me.

And I don't hate you lot.  (Although GrillyP certainly is worth some bad vibes)

I don't have oodles of extra cash to keep throwing into a game system.  I have to budget for my purchases, often for weeks.  So my dilemma always was "Hmmm these are nice and cheap, and these are nice but expensive.  Cheap means I can field more, Expensive means I can play someone other than my 3 friends who play.  Cheap look good.  Expensive lets me play in tourneys.  I could buy the cheap, but then I'll never have enough $$ available to play in the larger community.  I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy the expensive."  I've been doing that for 10 years while putting a wife through college, and all the other expenses of a new family.  The larger community is no longer a factor, why play GW, expecially as I know its not going to get better, just ever increasing cost.

I like GW game systems, but I just want to spend my $$ now on games I can play with my friends if there's no larger community worth considering about any more.  So playing a soon-to-be-discontinued game like Babylon 5 is no different now from playing Warhammer.

And I'm not saying anyone should quit, or GW is the Evil Empire.  I do think they are becoming more and more distant from the roots of the game with every decision, but that's just me. 

And hey, if you guys can afford this game, more power to you.

Offline Parka

• Members
  • Nuffles Loves Me
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2009, 08:23:05 PM »

Bye!

But Who will I have to call me names and state facts as they know them without any rules to back them up now :'(

I am kinda sick of the hating aswell, but then again I can afford GW stuff most of the time(just blew a buch of cash in Denver though, so a bit behind right now) so this doesn't affect me as much as others.

I find it strange that people don't care about the price rise 25 30% is a HUGE rise.  I know most of the same people would lay a hen if petrol went up buy a fraction of that without good reason and then still you'd moan about it.  

People like moaning about things.  And if an extra 25% cost isn't something to moan about whether you can afford it or not it's still a valid issue.  

People should stop spitting out their dummies when they read something they disagree with and not attack people with names and insults It's bloody childish.  If you don't want to hear what other people want to say create your own forum in a book and call it a diary of things I'm absolutely correct about and no one dare disagree with me... Good!!!

Will this price rise do any good for the hobby?

Will we see new shinny tables in GW stores or new even better run GW tournaments?
Will it attract more players or will more players finally have enough and quit?

If all we talk about is yay how great something is and nothing is wrong when there clearly is something wrong then what does that achieve?  Well it means that nothing gets corrected and in many cases more of the same until you hear a loud snap.

Bye!

Oh no Mr Blah blah and his hit and run insults is leaving oh how his inane comments will be missed. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 08:30:01 PM by Parka »