home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 858529 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #4150 on: September 27, 2012, 12:28:23 AM »
just got home and there is an adorable lego star wars show on Cartoon Network.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #4151 on: September 28, 2012, 04:22:06 PM »
Avengers DVD for $19 at Jewel-Osco.  Get 2 boxes of Pop Secret, 2 Dr Pepper, and bag of Candy free.  Sweet.
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #4152 on: September 28, 2012, 04:41:27 PM »
just got home and there is an adorable lego star wars show on Cartoon Network.

Just corporate Europe getting in our kids heads to turn them into mindless, "Must have Lego <insert box> now.  Must have Lego <insert box> now..."
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #4153 on: September 28, 2012, 05:00:38 PM »
-
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:04:55 AM by Warhammer-Weib »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4154 on: September 28, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
Contracts exchanged, house purchase now legally binding. Moving on 11th October
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #4155 on: September 28, 2012, 05:47:47 PM »
Contracts exchanged, house purchase now legally binding. Moving on 11th October

Congratulations, and good luck for the whole endeavour!!
 :::cheers:::

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #4156 on: September 28, 2012, 06:46:52 PM »
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #4157 on: September 28, 2012, 07:31:24 PM »
Ray of hope in the worst possible situation:

You’re right. People do lie, and cheat, and stab you in the back. There will be people who use you, and don’t love you even though they say they do. But you can’t let that stop you from living. Because there are people out there who do love you, and would never hurt you. You have to find those people and keep them in your life forever.

Very good quote.  It really speaks to me with where I am in my life right now.  Thanks for sharing it.   :::cheers:::
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #4158 on: September 29, 2012, 12:16:43 AM »
Kean out!  Serious this time! :-D
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4159 on: September 29, 2012, 09:29:38 AM »
I think the venkys are more of a problem

Pass the machete.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #4160 on: September 29, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »
Can't do anything about them.  But a tactically inept manager that has problem in selecting and sticking with his best 11, yes.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #4161 on: September 29, 2012, 07:15:58 PM »
Anybody who likes Football offense should turn on West Virginia v. Baylor. Score is 63-49 going into the 4th. WVU's QB has 577 yards and 7 TDs on 38/43. The records are 730 and 11 respectively. He is going to break them.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4162 on: September 29, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »
That's why I dont like college ball.

Although I'd love to watch some with you- knowledgable and passionate. + beers.

Pass the machete.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #4163 on: September 29, 2012, 08:22:54 PM »
He did not break the records. He did go 45/51 for 656 8 TDs and 0 INTs though. That makes him 141/169 for 1728 yards, 20 TDs, and no interceptions through 4 games.

Came within 100 of the yardage record too. 1550, needed 1640.

There's a game next weekend you may like. #5 v. #6, good defense on both sides, above average to possible world beating offense depending on the side as well. A lot of the fun of college football has to do with being immersed in the tradition and culture of each school though. It's hard understand the appeal if you've never experienced it.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4164 on: September 29, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »
A lot of the fun of college football has to do with being immersed in the tradition and culture of each school though. It's hard understand the appeal if you've never experienced it.

That's why I want to watch it with you.

1728 yards, 20 tds and 0 ints through 4 games is the stats you get on madden playing on rookie.
Is this dude gonna be a top pick? or are they playing shit teams

Pass the machete.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #4165 on: September 29, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »
Both. He's the favorite to win the Heisman, and if someone needing a new QB with a top 4 pick doesn't pick him first they're probably dumb as rocks. The only knock against him is that he plays in an Air Raid offense, so he's going to get a lot of throws and inflated stats. Also both of his top two targets will probably go in the first and second as well. Still, he's very very good.

On the other hand, the teams he's played rank 121, N/A (lower division team, so off the charts bad defense), 8 and 116th respectively in defense. Out of 124. Marginally better in scoring D, where they are 121, N/A, 48, and 90th respectively.

His worst game was of course against that #8 D, when he put up 30/43, 338, 3, 0. Still very, very good, just not video game insane. He's also got 21 rushes for 98 yards and a TD (in four games).

The conference he plays in is known for bad, bad defense. If he keeps this up, he's on course for 5200 passing yards and 60 TDs. The second would be a record.

Oh, and the other reason his numbers are ridiculous. They run a lot of end arounds that are booked as passing plays. Hard to explain, but this guy does a good job:

http://smartfootball.com/offense/dana-holgorsens-brand-of-the-west-virginia-airraid-offense

Actually that's the whole offense. The specific play I'm talking about is covered at about 6:20 in this video:

http://smartfootball.com/offense/anatomy-of-a-beatdown-the-key-concepts-dana-holgorsens-west-virginia-mountaineers-used-to-crush-clemson-70-33-in-the-orange-bowl
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:40:10 PM by t12161991 »

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #4166 on: September 30, 2012, 12:05:02 AM »
One of the few things I do find interesting about college football is the offensive innovation that goes on at that level, which then usually filters up to the NFL.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #4167 on: September 30, 2012, 03:45:40 AM »
Yeah, that's a large part of why I love it. I don't know a whole lot about defensive schemes, but I can talk for hours about the vagaries of the different spreads, air raids, triple options, pistols and other offenses.

Especially spread to run teams. Fascinating stuff.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #4168 on: September 30, 2012, 03:38:37 PM »
Especially spread to run teams. Fascinating stuff.

Yep, the spread has obviously been the biggest one to filter up to the NFL.  You see more and more NFL teams running more plays from the shotgun, and with more recievers.  The fullback as a dedication position simply doesn't exist on like 1/3 to 1/2 the teams in the NFL.  Even on my Buccs, whose offense is based around power running schemes (often with a two-back backfield), the fullback is more of an H-back type who can do things in the passing game as well as run block.  Also, see all the bubble screens.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #4169 on: September 30, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
Spread to pass is what's mainly filtering up to the NFL, from teams like Oklahoma St and West Virginia. Spread to run is actually quite different.

The names give it away, but the spread to run is intended to get fewer men in the box so it's easier to run with it, and is predicated on the read option(s) and inverted veer.

The read option is when the QB reads the backside defensive end. If he stays home, hand off to the running back. If comes forward to go after the RB, keep.

The idea is to make the defense wrong every time. The inverted veer is similar, but very different. Whereas in a traditional read option the RB runs to the strong side and the QB would go to the weak side, with the inverted veer they both go to the same side, with the RB acting as an extra blocker.

This is what Michigan ran to great effect under RichRod, and those two plays averaged almost 9 yards a carry I believe.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #4170 on: September 30, 2012, 06:09:37 PM »
Spread to pass is what's mainly filtering up to the NFL, from teams like Oklahoma St and West Virginia. Spread to run is actually quite different.

The names give it away, but the spread to run is intended to get fewer men in the box so it's easier to run with it, and is predicated on the read option(s) and inverted veer.

The read option is when the QB reads the backside defensive end. If he stays home, hand off to the running back. If comes forward to go after the RB, keep.

The idea is to make the defense wrong every time. The inverted veer is similar, but very different. Whereas in a traditional read option the RB runs to the strong side and the QB would go to the weak side, with the inverted veer they both go to the same side, with the RB acting as an extra blocker.

This is what Michigan ran to great effect under RichRod, and those two plays averaged almost 9 yards a carry I believe.

Right, I'm familiar with the read option and such, and it's filtering up to the NFL too.  Vick and Vince Young both had some success with it a few years ago, it's become a staple for Cam Newton, and RG3 has been running it a few times a game.  I've seen Russell Wilson and Alex Smith run it at least once each, as well.  It'll probably never be a huge part of anyone's offense because NFL d-linemen are way more athletic than 99% of college d-linemen, but people are using it in spots.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #4171 on: October 01, 2012, 05:44:05 AM »
Europe won the Ryder Cup !
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4172 on: October 01, 2012, 06:48:48 AM »
Europe won the Ryder Cup !

Booooooooooooooooooo!  :engel:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #4173 on: October 01, 2012, 08:00:02 AM »
Hey, you guys gave away the 10-6 lead, to lose with 14.5-13.5 ...

No further comment.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4174 on: October 01, 2012, 08:56:31 AM »
Hey, you guys gave away the 10-6 lead, to lose with 14.5-13.5 ...

No further comment.

LOL. I think the European team earned it. They played really well.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.