home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 734308 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #5375 on: March 20, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »
I like Heinrich's attempt to scare Admund!

Maybe if we start a controversy, Finlay will appear. Rufus, you offend me.

It worked!

I hope Julian cares that Max got hurt rather than betray him!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5376 on: March 20, 2013, 03:58:44 PM »
A wild Finlay appears!

So the King is a demon that the Wittgensteins summoned? What's the rest of the story behind it?
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5377 on: March 20, 2013, 04:01:39 PM »
No! the king is a demon which the red cult summoned, but we killed everyone in the red cult so now the demon is sort of loose and chasing us.
Nothing to do with the wittgensteins.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5378 on: March 20, 2013, 04:04:17 PM »
So you killed the red cult off and now you're hunting the purple one? Red Cult was based in Altdorf, was it or you just discovered them there? It's been awhile since I read about all that.

Wittgensteins had the crazy Frankenstein castle with the talking cockroach (favorite character so far). Only one of them left and he's hiding in Middenheim?

Oh good, demons on the loose sounds fun  :unsure:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:07:13 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #5379 on: March 20, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »
We didn't kill all of the red cult.   Almost 100% sure that whatever-her-name is that is in love with Klaus is a member or have we forgotten about her?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5380 on: March 20, 2013, 04:32:05 PM »
That's right. The King was accompanying Doktor Schmidt (remember him?) and Etelka Herzen on their mission to find the warpstone comet for the Red Crown. He was present at the ball in Nuln, being randomly menacing. Later, he was with Etelka at Castle Wittgenstein, and briefly fought Julian and Heinrich. After that, he made a few more menacing appearances but did nothing (he especially likes stalking Mortus, it seems). He was bound by the limitations set on him by his summoners.

In Altdorf, as they were being hunted down, the remaining Red Crown cultists called on the King again, and this time let him off the leash. He fought Julian and Heinrich again, being driven back by Heinrich's magical axe and then losing his connection to the mortal world. They chased the surviving cultists as they tried to flee Altdorf by river, and obtained the King's true name from Othmayer.

The King made another 'scary' appearance, and then tried invading their dreams instead. He also appeared to Mortus in a lengthy vision of the outer realms.

He's annoyed, and may be very powerful! However, Max thinks that the true name they got from Othmayer is genuine.

On cults:

The Purple Hand and the Red Crown are both cults dedicated to destroying The Empire from within. Both are dedicated to 'the Changer,' and seem to hate each other more than anything else. The Red Crown (based in Altdorf) has been destroyed, apart from Etelka Herzen (who ran away after failing once too often) and the King.

The Purple Hand are supposed to be based in Middenheim. So far, the group haven't met many of them: there was the dead Kastor Liebenrung (the one with the fake inheritance), and a nameless chaos warrior who seemed to be a guest at Castle Wittgenstein.

The business in Bogenhafen, by the way, did not involve a chaos cult: Teugen was a demonologist, and knew Schmidt and Herzen, but was not a member of the Red Crown. His plan was purely to evade a bargain he'd made with a demon by sacrificing his followers in his place (though the demon had tricked him, and the ritual would have done something very nasty indeed).

Other cults that have been mentioned: the Jade Septre, and the Ordo Ultima. Both sex/drugs cults. Not interested in anything other than corrupting people for fun.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5381 on: March 20, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »
Yikes! Admund will flee back to Marienburg in the morning.  :Ohmy:

Seems like everyone in a secret cult wants to destroy the Empire these days.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5382 on: March 20, 2013, 04:41:49 PM »
Only one of them left and he's hiding in Middenheim?

I THINK me and ragni just killed him.

Not sure though!

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5383 on: March 20, 2013, 04:50:30 PM »
Wasn't the angry basement wizard named Wolfgang?

Don't remember, gotta reread.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5384 on: March 20, 2013, 05:13:38 PM »
Whatever would I do without Max!

Boom, expository post.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5385 on: March 20, 2013, 06:00:58 PM »

I have some theories about all this working in my head now...

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #5386 on: March 20, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »
Klaus is the leader of the cult?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5387 on: March 21, 2013, 02:33:30 PM »
The roleplaying is great, but I will need people to post what their characters will actually do before I can update!

Oh, and I will do Mortus's update. It's just hard to focus on that while everyone else is power behind the throning.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5388 on: March 21, 2013, 03:53:43 PM »
I say we bring Klaus, Heinrich, Julian, Ragni, and Admund and hit the house early in the morning (pre-dawn). We leave Max at the Templar's Arms to work on the lab book. Heinrich and Klaus are both pretty good at urban sneaking. Since we don't know what the place looks like or how public it is, we bring them both. Klaus might be useful if he needs to persuade people or distract them. One of the two scouts a path inside the house (via window, back door, etc) and we all come in behind in. No telling how many will be there, but I expect at least three. If all goes according to plan, Julian can Axe Bardin some questions.

If something happens, and we have to scatter, maybe set a meeting point? Staller's Stables perhaps?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:01:15 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5389 on: March 21, 2013, 04:00:50 PM »
agreed

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5390 on: March 21, 2013, 10:22:54 PM »
Need to hear from cannon and fandir also!

Though I'm away at the moment anyway and can't update as much.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #5391 on: March 22, 2013, 06:38:45 AM »
I agree even though klaus will bitch and moan a bit.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5392 on: March 22, 2013, 08:05:58 AM »
I agree even though klaus will bitch and moan a bit.

Oh, Klaus would love to blather to any guards and brag about his nobility, right? If the watch come, he'll have to do an entertaining song and dance while we slip out another way.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:39:19 AM by Karl Voss of Averland »

• Members
« Reply #5393 on: March 22, 2013, 08:20:13 AM »
he might convince them to help with the storming of the house...so he can stay and wait outside.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5394 on: March 22, 2013, 08:46:20 AM »
he might convince them to help with the storming of the house...so he can stay and wait outside.

I think Admund would go with that. He might suggest that Klaus "watch the door" and keep our escape route open.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5395 on: March 22, 2013, 10:35:03 AM »
Cannon, why is Heinrich so epic? He should stand on the table while mocking the darkness  :eusa_clap:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:37:40 AM by Karl Voss of Averland »

• Members
« Reply #5396 on: March 22, 2013, 11:43:32 AM »
Thinking about it Klaus doesn´t agree.....

Rufus if I won´t be able to post as the story advances....Klaus will ask the innkeep (ulli I think??) about some trustworthy young individual or two who might be willing to earn some coppers or even silvers for carrying Klaus notes. Klaus wants to write some letters and will do so after he has drunken an ale with Max (or two or three for Max) so he can sleep. He wants to write the allies he mentioned earlier...the tax guy who is so social, the wizard boss and the local authorities of Sigmar and Ulric with a less urgent style more like ...hey we are here and suspect something I would like to have an audience.

He also wants to write a letter to (not sent by the possible teenager but some hired outrider and paying with gold)

Etelka Herzen
trying to convince her to stop meddling with chaos and join the winning team....us.

and also

Greta
Billy
Arch Lector Kaslain
That government official in Altdorf who never called back (Klaus wants to become an imperial spy)
Gravin Maria Ulrike
Albrech Hollzauberer
Those Dwarfs near Grissenwald

Asking about their wellbeing and some friendly smalltalk (maybe only the friends and not persons of influence like the AL) and informing them on our success that we destroyed the red crown and have found out about an evil cult in Middenheim the purple hand and that we think that they are behind some schemes.

To inform them should the party fail....and to check upon them "friends" and keep them thinking and loyal to klaus...

I wonder if Klaus should write Boris too.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5397 on: March 22, 2013, 12:10:26 PM »
Gosh!  :icon_eek:

Not sure which tax guy Klaus wants to write to. Law Lord Erlich?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:19:28 PM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #5398 on: March 22, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
Yes..I think Klaus wants to sit in the inn now all time unless he gets an audience....also Klaus might need some reliable Mercs....a bit like an Inquisitor (Eisenhorn :D)

I really think that the thug lets kill whomever we want whenever we want gets out of line.
  :happy:

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5399 on: March 22, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »
in the grimdark of warhammer rpg, there is only MURDER.

Julian would be up for prosecuting Bardin if he thought the law system wasn’t corrupt. And unless bardin was executed, he’d still want to mess with Julian when he was released.

Pass the machete.