home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 734301 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #7025 on: June 26, 2013, 09:47:05 PM »
Poor Max ...we knew him well.

On second thought I would suggest Mortus as a victim there has been way too little happening to her so far.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #7026 on: June 27, 2013, 07:49:00 AM »
I feel as though I'm mean to Admund! I need to target someone else.

You should stop feeling like you are mean to people, that is after all your job.

Iwonder if Mortus will connect this to the King.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7027 on: June 27, 2013, 09:43:04 AM »
Mortus isn't actually going to use the information that the guy is magically cheating then.

Oh well. The fight continues then.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #7028 on: June 27, 2013, 09:50:19 AM »
 :mellow:

She is considering if somebody might torch her if they find out she is a mage...even though gazillion people already told her that it isnīt working that way in the Empire especially not in Middenheim but hey......making up your own fluff in games is sort of fun....for the rest of the group.

Julian certainly is enjoying himself immensly.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #7029 on: June 27, 2013, 10:03:06 AM »
Mortus isn't sure what she can do.   She can't burst into the ring.   The combatants have already been vetted by wizards [it would appear] so vetting them again seems a little pointless.   If they passed the first time it is reasonable to assume that they will pass the second time.   

It is likely that she will connect the magic to the King and setting off a greater demon in such a crowded area doesn't seem like a good idea.

It is also reasonable to assume that if she can tell that there is magic being used then the Law Lord who is a wizard can tell as well.   Therefore if he accuses the challenger of using magic and the Law Lord denies that it is true who do you think is going to be believed???

Last time Mortus accused somebody of using magic she was nearly killed.   It might not seem to her to be a very good idea to do it again.   At least not without something to support her claim.   Admittedly Klaus doesn't know about that experience so I suppose it is understandable that Fandir didn't factor it in.

:mellow:

She is considering if somebody might torch her if they find out she is a mage...even though gazillion people already told her that it isnīt working that way in the Empire especially not in Middenheim but hey......making up your own fluff in games is sort of fun....for the rest of the group.

Julian certainly is enjoying himself immensly.

You will forgive me I am sure if I think role-playing is more important that min-maxing in a role playing game.

Julian will be grand, it is very unlikely that he will die.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:09:10 AM by commandant »

• Members
« Reply #7030 on: June 27, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »
How would she set the king of by telling people that there is magic involved...a start would be to inform the rest of the group that there is magic aloft....then we could decide who we could inform to also check this....

Also canīt mortus try to block the magic towards the young guy?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:10:10 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #7031 on: June 27, 2013, 10:13:26 AM »
How would she set the king of by telling people that there is magic involved...a start would be to inform the rest of the group that there is magic aloft....then we could decide who we could inform to also check this....

Maybe if the King realizes that his ruse has been spotted he will transform himself into his demonic personage.

Also what should she inform the group of.   That there might be other worlds surrounding the challenger.   The only person likely to believe her is Max and there is nothing the group can do in the next 30 seconds by which time the fight is likely to be over.

The group has seen the challenger been tested by wizards, therefore they are much more likely to believe the wizards than they are to believe Mortus.

• Members
« Reply #7032 on: June 27, 2013, 10:16:47 AM »
There are several very powerful wizards around, hundreds of soldiers and armed men including knights of the bodyguard of the count and it is plain daylight.....a group of less then 10 individuals managed to drive the king away

Everyone is uneasy about the fight so the group would believe mortus...but hey if you feel like playing mortus that way do it ...it is your character and the game is about everyone enjoying playing the role they want to play.

:::cheers:::

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #7033 on: June 27, 2013, 10:19:06 AM »
There are several very powerful wizards around, hundreds of soldiers and armed men including knights of the bodyguard of the count and it is plain daylight.....a group of less then 10 individuals managed to drive the king away

Because Mortus knows this how????

Also several very powerful wizards is a reason for her not to do anything.   If there was something wrong one of the powerful wizards would do something about it.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7034 on: June 27, 2013, 10:29:37 AM »
Oh dear, I didn't mean to start another argument!

Mortus doesn't need to do anything. It's OK.

Also, it's not the King.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7035 on: June 27, 2013, 11:28:27 AM »
Mortus isn't actually going to use the information that the guy is magically cheating then.

Oh well. The fight continues then.

It is what it is.

I think commadnant is sort of forgetting that you didn't mention anything about the king at all in the ic thread.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #7036 on: June 27, 2013, 12:07:19 PM »

Also, it's not the King.

I know it is not the King but the only time Mortus has seen something like this before is with the King, it is reasonable to for her to assume that it is the King given that she doesn't know that the King is maybe dead and thinks he is still at large.

I don't see anything that she can do.

I think commadnant is sort of forgetting that you didn't mention anything about the king at all in the ic thread.

The King doesn't need to be mentioned for her to connect the magic to the King and assume that Anton could be the King.

Also I know that Julian is unkillable and therefore it isn't really that big a deal.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:10:38 PM by commandant »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7037 on: June 27, 2013, 12:15:45 PM »
Have changed the description of what Mortus saw so that there will be no chance of hearing about the bloody King again.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7038 on: June 27, 2013, 12:28:44 PM »
Mortus wasn't even within a million miles of us when it happened, so she can be forgiven for not knowing the King got his ass whooped.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7039 on: June 27, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
Fair point. Someone can explain to her, off-camera.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #7040 on: June 27, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »
Fair point. Someone can explain to her, off-camera.

Somebody can, but nobody has.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7041 on: June 27, 2013, 02:45:04 PM »
Way to beat down Anton McCheaterPants, Julian! :eusa_clap:
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

• Members
« Reply #7042 on: June 27, 2013, 02:57:57 PM »
Huzzah! to the unyielding Dwarf...who is so imba that he even wins when humies are cheating :D

:::cheers:::

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7043 on: June 27, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »

Also, it's not the King.

I know it is not the King but the only time Mortus has seen something like this before is with the King, it is reasonable to for her to assume that it is the King given that she doesn't know that the King is maybe dead and thinks he is still at large.

I don't see anything that she can do.

The King doesn't need to be mentioned for her to connect the magic to the King and assume that Anton could be the King.

Also I know that Julian is unkillable and therefore it isn't really that big a deal.

Nothing that Rufus wrote is any indication of king ness at all really.

And why would we tell mortus anything? She doesn't help us. Fuck her.

'I'll only heal you if you ask' fucking lol
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #7044 on: June 27, 2013, 03:05:40 PM »
Nothing that Rufus wrote is any indication of king ness at all really.

And why would we tell mortus anything? She doesn't help us. Fuck her.

'I'll only heal you if you ask' fucking lol

You need to read the post before it was edited to make it sound less like the King's work.

You can take that choice if you want, but you can not then get annoyed if she doesn't act because she doesn't know something or if her ill informedness means she acts differently to how you expect.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7045 on: June 27, 2013, 03:09:02 PM »
You need to read the post before it was edited to make it sound less like the King's work.

It never did though. I just said the weird shape of the aura reminded her of her visit to the realm of chaos, which I called (due to being in a rush and not being able to think of anything else to call it) the King's dreamworld.

I changed it because nothing Mortus saw would make her think of the King in any way. I do of course realise that she probably will continue to think it's the King regardless.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7046 on: June 27, 2013, 03:10:08 PM »
I read the post before it was edited and it seemed like you pulled the King out of nowhere to me. Chaos magic does not equal daemon. I immediately thought purple hand.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

• Members
« Reply #7047 on: June 27, 2013, 03:10:21 PM »
Because she can be stubborn at times  :engel:

Doesnīt matter lets get on with the story...Heinrich and Klaus are eyeballing the lords and ladies..I suggest Heinrich takes the lords and Klaus the ladies.

(I have to admit..I thought King too but after Rufus said it wasnīt the King I deleted that notion).

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7048 on: June 27, 2013, 03:17:10 PM »
I read the post before it was edited and it seemed like you pulled the King out of nowhere to me. Chaos magic does not equal daemon. I immediately thought purple hand.

Oh, so it was fine then! I didn't need to edit it. Huh.

Will update soon.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #7049 on: June 27, 2013, 03:32:02 PM »

It never did though. I just said the weird shape of the aura reminded her of her visit to the realm of chaos, which I called (due to being in a rush and not being able to think of anything else to call it) the King's dreamworld.

I changed it because nothing Mortus saw would make her think of the King in any way. I do of course realise that she probably will continue to think it's the King regardless.

Not now that it has been changed.   There is no reason for her to think it is the King.