home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 734680 times)

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #8600 on: December 02, 2013, 07:24:35 PM »
So any of us able to pick a lock....? I think Klaus should learn to do it as he basically is the "thief" of the group.

Julian.

and he can kill ghosts.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #8601 on: December 02, 2013, 07:33:36 PM »
But lazy Dwarves as usual let the humies do the work.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #8602 on: December 03, 2013, 01:30:50 AM »
Well, I'm done getting Max wounded, onward with our adventure. Shall we send Heinrich the stealthy one forward to scout the room and signal to us to come up?

I should have just stuck to the doorway instead of exploring. At least we have an escape route now.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 04:00:57 AM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #8603 on: December 03, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »
If Ulrun concentrates for one minute, he can detect nearby wizards with his 'magical awareness' skill.

p.s. it's not Admund's fault that Max is clumsy.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #8604 on: December 03, 2013, 03:11:08 PM »
What should I call the thing that the Doktor gave Mortus to help her against the ghost.

• Members
« Reply #8605 on: December 03, 2013, 03:12:19 PM »
So shall Heinrich and Klaus investigate or do you think we should get the rest down there too? What say you Karl?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #8606 on: December 03, 2013, 03:46:53 PM »
What should I call the thing that the Doktor gave Mortus to help her against the ghost.

Wraith token? Ghost pass? Whatever.

Also, I don't think Mortus listened to the doktor's advice. Locating Hess is one thing, but 'find out anything about gangs connected to magic' is too vague.

I don't understand why she wants to do that anyway. She seems to have misunderstood what the doktor told her about the cultists.  :icon_confused:
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #8607 on: December 03, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »
So shall Heinrich and Klaus investigate or do you think we should get the rest down there too? What say you Karl?

Itwould probably be best if you and Heinrich scouted. I'm not that sneaky in all my armor. I can protect squishy Max and Ulrun. Let's say you scout within eye sight of us and signal the "all clear" or for help.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #8608 on: December 03, 2013, 05:09:32 PM »
Let's say you scout within eye sight of us and signal the "all clear" or for help.

If you stay behind in the first room, they can't see you from the room with three doors. It's down a lot of steps.
If I wanted to.

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #8609 on: December 03, 2013, 05:41:30 PM »

Wraith token? Ghost pass? Whatever.

Also, I don't think Mortus listened to the doktor's advice. Locating Hess is one thing, but 'find out anything about gangs connected to magic' is too vague.

I don't understand why she wants to do that anyway. She seems to have misunderstood what the doktor told her about the cultists.  :icon_confused:

I understood what the doktor told her to mean that some of the criminal gangs were fronts for the cult.   It is possible that her orders to the spirit were too vague.   I'll go back and re-read what the doktor told her to see if there are any other clues there which I missed.

• Members
« Reply #8610 on: December 03, 2013, 07:12:37 PM »
Let's say you scout within eye sight of us and signal the "all clear" or for help.

If you stay behind in the first room, they can't see you from the room with three doors. It's down a lot of steps.

Well I guess Klaus and Heinrich will scout ahead that they are still within hearing and maybe even sight of the others...in case of the stairs Klaus and Heinrich will move down half the steps Klaus will go back and signal the others to follow....then continue with Heinrich to the room go back and signal that the rest shall follow that they are within sight of Klaus and Heinrich then enter the room and check the inscriptions...then most likely get Max to read what is standing there.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #8611 on: December 03, 2013, 07:24:04 PM »
Ok, didn't read close enough. I think us non-sneaky people will wait out of site at the archway that was formerly sealed for Klaus and Heinrich to clear the room. Once it's determined to be empty, we'll all enter and go from there.

I have the strange feeling that there might be a trap!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:31:43 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #8612 on: December 03, 2013, 08:18:21 PM »
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #8613 on: December 03, 2013, 08:45:05 PM »
I think Mortus' orders are more reasonable now and in line with what she knows.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #8614 on: December 03, 2013, 11:04:09 PM »
Hmm, fighting might be tricky! Ulrun can only cast three spells at the moment, make things glow. Pretend to be someone else or pretend to do something whilst stabbing someone.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #8615 on: December 03, 2013, 11:29:25 PM »
Hmm, fighting might be tricky! Ulrun can only cast three spells at the moment, make things glow. Pretend to be someone else or pretend to do something whilst stabbing someone.

You forgot "cower in fear" and "Bravely run away"

Again, Fluff Admund would go in, but I wish that Julian could participate. We could come back later with him, but Admund has to go to the watch tomorrow, and there isn't a guarantee that wizard elf lady will be there. I could come back tomorrow with a city watch patrol and the party maybe?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:46:25 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #8616 on: December 04, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
Does Mortus have to be at the circle for the spirit to find her again?

• Members
« Reply #8617 on: December 04, 2013, 10:40:34 AM »
Max is only armed with a dagger is that right? A plan might be to have urlun disguise himself as a cultist and check behind the door if confronted he could claim that there are intruders ..or we just sneak in and hope to surprise them.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #8618 on: December 04, 2013, 10:54:44 AM »
Does Mortus have to be at the circle for the spirit to find her again?

Yes.

Quote from: Fandir
Max is only armed with a dagger is that right

He took a sword from one of the dead cultists.

So, what's the plan?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:23:10 PM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #8619 on: December 04, 2013, 12:26:23 PM »
I would say we wait for Admund to add his voice in ....then I would suggest we try the sneak in and check plan...Klaus would open the door but I will write in game as soon we have Admund either stopping our folly or chiming in.

Klaus is curious that is why he wants to check behind the door. Even though it might be a bad idea....I think it is a bad idea.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #8620 on: December 04, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »
Charge! Coincidently if I die before a week of playing it'd be funny!

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #8621 on: December 04, 2013, 02:13:04 PM »
Sorry for my slow replies! Busy work week. Thanks for waiting for me.

What about the two other doors? We should at least read the description in the stonework above the doors before entering. One could read "room full of henchmen".

After that, I guess we're entering Wizardland. It's a double door, so we could keep one closed to step behind as cover. We know nothing about the next room, so I could open the door and let Heinrich scout a few steps with his Urban/Rural sneak skills. There may be cover or an advantageous position to be fighting from.

If we open the door and there is no cover, just a big room with some wizards hanging out, we have Heinrich send some arrows at them, and move in. Admund and Klaus can take the front of the group, Max, Ulrun, and Heinrich in the rear. When we have an idea of what we're fighting, we can go from there.

• Members
« Reply #8622 on: December 04, 2013, 02:21:03 PM »
Klaus in the front....Seriously? Maybe we should run after all....but I agree with Karls plan.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #8623 on: December 04, 2013, 02:27:49 PM »
Klaus in the front....Seriously? Maybe we should run after all....but I agree with Karls plan.

Heinrich has no wounds and will have a bow out. Max only has a few wounds. Ulrun can fight, but he needs to concentrate on his magical things. Leaving you and I. You have two pistols, which would be useful at a medium ranger rather than a farther range. You can clearly handle yourself in a melee. If there are like 50 guys in here, I might get overwhelmed. I guess I was thinking more of a:

Heinrich
Admund -- Klaus -- Ulrun
                             Max

• Members
« Reply #8624 on: December 04, 2013, 02:33:49 PM »
Klaus even has four pistols he is at full health and yes he can fight reasonably well in melee...most likely better than any wizard.

He just has to moan and bitch once in a while and show everyone what a coward and a bad person he is.