home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 734986 times)

Offline commandant

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #10375 on: June 09, 2014, 02:35:58 PM »
Maybe Admund should get out that magic sword again.

Maybe, and Admund would probably lose his mind and kill everything in sight, but then you'd have a problem with stopping Admund once he's blood mad.

Problem for later [more sleep?]

I think that a massive fireball + arrows attack and then retreat into the tunnel.   We don't want to fight them in the open where their numbers suit them.

Wasmeier is the important one here, remember! The skaven are probably living here relatively peacefully... and can be exterminated by dwarf tunnel-fighters later anyway.

Could Mortus try and centre both fireballs on Wasmeier or would it be too difficult to pick him out from the crowd?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10376 on: June 09, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »
Could Mortus try and centre both fireballs on Wasmeier or would it be too difficult to pick him out from the crowd?

Well, both fireballs have to be at the same target anyway (the target being either the group of humans or the group of rats). You can't target an individual unless there is a significant size difference (say if one of them was riding a horse). Or... you can spend a full round aiming before casting the spell. That would mean two full rounds with line of sight to the target, and so a significant risk of being seen.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10377 on: June 09, 2014, 02:49:42 PM »
But she can focus the fireballs on the cultists rather than the skaven or are they too close together in size for that?

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10378 on: June 09, 2014, 02:50:23 PM »
Can Klaus actually throw his voice, and not just impersonate? Also would the acustics of the cavern mask where we were making noise from?

If not I say we hallucinate to make as many run away as possible, then immediately follow up with a double fireball and bomb, archer volley and shieldwall. Heinrich could do a focus shot on Wasmeier if the penalties aren’t too nasty?

mortus, he said they go either into the humans, or the skaven. so yes!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10379 on: June 09, 2014, 03:04:13 PM »
This is going to be glorious.

It might be a little crazy and hard to pick out Wasmeier after all the fireballs and explosions, but our expert archer probably make it happen. My concern would be to first take out the gang members with crossbows. The rest is melee, and Admund can handle that.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #10380 on: June 09, 2014, 03:04:46 PM »
Back!

How about creating a hallucination of a rat ogre charging thr humans klaus then impersonates wasmeier yelling something like ...they are attacking fight them then fireballs bombs and arrows at wasmeier so we maybe take him out before he does wizard stuff.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10381 on: June 09, 2014, 03:05:01 PM »
Can Klaus actually throw his voice, and not just impersonate? Also would the acustics of the cavern mask where we were making noise from?

Good point. He has mimic, but not ventriloquism. So can copy a voice but not make it come from a different part of the room.

Not sure about the acoustics of the cavern! Let's assume there are no special properties. Hmmm, though a bomb would be more deafening than in the open.

Heinrich could do a focus shot on Wasmeier if the penalties aren’t too nasty?

I forget what the penalties are exactly, but with his 90-something BS it won't be too serious!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10382 on: June 09, 2014, 03:10:12 PM »
Back!

How about creating a hallucination of a rat ogre charging thr humans klaus then impersonates wasmeier yelling something like ...they are attacking fight them then fireballs bombs and arrows at wasmeier so we maybe take him out before he does wizard stuff.
nice I like it, and maybe ulrun can then hallucinate Herbert onto the skaven if the fireball and bomb don't make them flee/die!

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10383 on: June 09, 2014, 03:10:22 PM »
I've been in caves before in Greece. In large cavernous rooms, you can still pretty much tell where voices are coming from. It just echos a little. In our scenario, it might be dark, and they might not spot Klaus immediately, but I think people could tell roughly where it came from (behind them)

Had we more time prepare, we could probably use Klaus's talents better, but it's probably safe to assume that Klaus's mimic won't be super effective.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10384 on: June 09, 2014, 03:13:34 PM »
hence having to enhance it with bombs and fire!

can Ulrun make himself look like someone else, and then cast an extra version of the illusion to go and do something, so the illusion can go up to the group without leaving ulrun exposed"

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10385 on: June 09, 2014, 03:26:56 PM »
can Ulrun make himself look like someone else, and then cast an extra version of the illusion to go and do something, so the illusion can go up to the group without leaving ulrun exposed"

He could stack assume illusionary appearance with clone image, but the copy (or copies) has to stay within 2 yards of the original. Not very far!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10386 on: June 09, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »
ok. we all sneak up into positions, covered with ulrun's cloak of silence (Julian and ragni are shit at sneaking).
 Ulrun casts hallucinate, rat ogre, onto the gangbangers.

Klaus shouts, impersonating wasmeier, that they're under attack and to fight! (wasmeier MIGHT fail his wp test anyway?!)

Julian rolls his bomb in as Klaus is shouting, and Mortus fireballs.

Heinrich aims a shot at wasmeier, while the other archers fire a volley into the melee.

The fighters block off the tunnel entrance, although I think Julian is the only one with a shield.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #10387 on: June 09, 2014, 03:37:10 PM »
Well I think if lots of things are happening at the same time they might be surprised and miss details like the voice of Wasmeier booming from further behind them.

If arrows and Klaus´s pistol shots zoom in at the same time it might be enough to set off the already tense situation.

I like the Julian battle plan lets do this.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10388 on: June 09, 2014, 03:38:29 PM »
We don't want to use up all of Ulrun's magic either, otherwise he will have to go nap nap to get some back. We want to be prepared for things. Who knows, maybe Wasmeier will try to escape down one of the other tunnels during the carnage or something, or reinforcements might appear and we'll need to bug out.

Battle plan review:

1) Ulrun casts hallucinate on gang members. They see a rodent of unusual size charging them.
2) Klaus shouts in Wasemeier's voice saying that Skaven are attacking!
3) Fireballs, bombs!
4) Party takes position, fires a volley or arrows and crossbow bolts. Continue until attacked in melee.
5) If melee starts: Julian, Ragni, Admund, Sir Prunkvoll form shield wall at opening to main room. Ranged people continue to fire. Casters can cast whatever spells are helpful after initial volley.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10389 on: June 09, 2014, 03:41:28 PM »
the party needs to have snuck into position so they can shoot AS SOON as we do the other stuff.

ulrun can cast 2 spells and have a fair bunch of mp left, I think?
shouldn't have cast hallucinate on like 4 peasants we would have absolutely slaughtered if he's worried about mp!

we should certainly be prepared for wasmeier fleeing. hence heinrich targeting him (cant cast spells if gets wounded)

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #10390 on: June 09, 2014, 03:42:54 PM »
Klaus will now load ALL his pistols  :engel:

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10391 on: June 09, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »
the party needs to have snuck into position so they can shoot AS SOON as we do the other stuff.

Ok, so Ulrun sneaks forward with Klaus and do their intrigue thing. Julian and Mortus are with them prepping bomb. As Ulrun finishes casting, Julian lights fuse and throws, Mortus starts to cast. Klaus shouts. As soon as Klaus shouts, rest of party moves up and takes positions to fire.

Ideally, we'll be ready to fire as the Julian bomb goes off.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:53:13 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #10392 on: June 09, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »
sounds good

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #10393 on: June 09, 2014, 05:13:16 PM »

• Members
« Reply #10394 on: June 09, 2014, 05:21:21 PM »
Klaus isn´t that cowardly with Cool 54 and Will 54 I think....so better make him an adrenaline junkie.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10395 on: June 09, 2014, 05:51:42 PM »
got to wait on ulrun and heinrich for the go ahead i reckon

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #10396 on: June 09, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »
Heinrich is ready
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10397 on: June 09, 2014, 10:54:56 PM »
This is the plan, right?

Ok, so Ulrun sneaks forward with Klaus and do their intrigue thing. Julian and Mortus are with them prepping bomb. As Ulrun finishes casting, Julian lights fuse and throws, Mortus starts to cast. Klaus shouts. As soon as Klaus shouts, rest of party moves up and takes positions to fire.

It's complicated to resolve, so I'll start it tomorrow!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #10398 on: June 09, 2014, 10:57:08 PM »
It is complicated and take all the time you need  :::cheers:::

Still doing an amazing job as GM.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10399 on: June 09, 2014, 10:58:46 PM »
Oh, thanks!

What exactly is Klaus going to shout?
If I wanted to.