home

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer; new screenshots.  (Read 9409 times)

Offline Evil_Penguin918

• Members
Total War: Warhammer; new screenshots.
« on: June 04, 2015, 08:59:39 AM »
I know this is unlikely to be in-game footable, but I think it'll be very close to what the models will look like & gives a good representation of the variation of units.

Also our man KF!

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/total_war_warhammer/b/pc/archive/2015/06/04/total-war-warhammer-shows-off-its-epic-battles.aspx?utm_content=buffer47a83&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: Total War: Warhammer; new screenshots.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:26:56 AM »
Morion helmets for the State Troops? A new State Troop box?

Otherwise, the bits I see and hear suggest that the Empire largely continues with the current models. Maybe new cavalry.

All of this based on the assumption that TW:WH somehow corresponds with the 9th edition tabletop version. Might be totally off the mark.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline toubotouneuk

• Members
  • Aille spique angliche véri izili.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »
Nice. I hope we can chose our colour scheme for the Empire.

I hope to have finished the Witcher 3 before the release !  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Evil_Penguin918

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 09:33:50 AM »
Morion helmets for the State Troops? A new State Troop box?

Otherwise, the bits I see and hear suggest that the Empire largely continues with the current models. Maybe new cavalry.

All of this based on the assumption that TW:WH somehow corresponds with the 9th edition tabletop version. Might be totally off the mark.

-Z

CA have already confirmed the game will be taking place before the End Times. 9th edition supposedly will be completely different in terms of lore / geography compared to 8th. I don't think this game will be affiliated with 9th edition at all.

Sorry if that's not what you meant.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 09:37:06 AM »
Sorry if that's not what you meant.

Precisely what I meant, and thus my "Might be totally off the mark" was warranted.  :-)

Thanks for the info.  :::cheers:::

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline TexasYankee

• Members
So, what would you guys do if some dude came at you with a belt that way?
Make sure I've got the safeword memorised.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 05:31:37 PM »
This looks actually good.

Offline TexasYankee

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 07:29:50 PM »
This looks actually good.

I agree 100%, however, I remember how good the trailer for Mark of Chaos was . . . :(
So, what would you guys do if some dude came at you with a belt that way?
Make sure I've got the safeword memorised.

Offline Sampson97

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 07:36:21 PM »
Gotta say, from the pics and info so far, think this will be the best singleplayer Total War we'll have got, but I don't see how mulitplayer will be like...I expect a lot of bizarre and crazy, perhaps overpowered stuff....Which still will be hilarious. However I'm actually excited about the little details of it all, since previous TW games we get agents that sure, useful on the campaign map but no major differences in game, and no character to represent them...But they say that the WPs and Witch Hunters will have actually models to join units...Bit riskier sure, but hell it should be fun XD Also gonna be curious if we can have those agents on horses, foot, etc....And whether Karl Franz will start on foot/horseback THEN get deathclaw somehow (As they say they have Quests for the main characters, which reward these characters).

Magics gonna rock though.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 08:05:00 PM »
Which still will be hilarious. However I'm actually excited about the little details of it all, since previous TW games we get agents that sure, useful on the campaign map but no major differences in game

I've only played MTW2, but agents were huge there. Spies were the best unit in the game.

Maybe that was different in the other incarnations, though.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 08:59:23 PM »
The troll looks more like on of their lotr. If thats the case I have another use of my three armoured troll. So love those figures.

Offline Sampson97

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 09:11:19 PM »
Which still will be hilarious. However I'm actually excited about the little details of it all, since previous TW games we get agents that sure, useful on the campaign map but no major differences in game

I've only played MTW2, but agents were huge there. Spies were the best unit in the game.

Oh I do mean they are hugely useful In the game as a whole, but I meant in battlefield sorry XD But yeh, agents are sweet, and fighting with them...Riskier but WAY more immersive for me and cooler :D

Offline Thomas Aagaard

• Members
  • "Victoria per Diciplin"
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »
looks way to much like something from the early to midt 17th century... maybe the "new model army" of the english civil war.
No proper puff and slash...
not impressed.
Thomas Aagaard
"Stirland Kampfgruppe Forwards!"
"Victoria per Diciplin"

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 11:01:18 PM »
Well, Thomas, you're not the only one to have doubts about our troops due to those screenshots. (The total warhammer forums have threads just for that complaint alone).

Fortunately there are some theories about our troops looking lackluster. Some are saying that since the screenshots were to focus on the fantasy creatures our troops were toned down (or will be worked on later). Some are saying they are early Alpha shots and will recieve better treatment before the game proper. A few others are wondering if a upgrade system might be in the game and these are only low tier troops.

Whatever the case, I'm hopeful that the game will do the warhammer franchise justice.

"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Thomas Aagaard

• Members
  • "Victoria per Diciplin"
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 12:03:43 AM »
all of it might be explanations.

we can hope.
Thomas Aagaard
"Stirland Kampfgruppe Forwards!"
"Victoria per Diciplin"

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 09:05:18 AM »
Fee fi fo fum I smell... the potential for a lot of premium-priced downloadable content...
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 01:28:49 PM »
Fee fi fo fum I smell... the potential for a lot of premium-priced downloadable content...
Ya really. Only 4 races?

....M2TW had over 1 dozen factions.

I would be ok with only 4 playable races if the did factions for each. Or have other races represented through mercs or rebels.
But I wont be buying a game for 60$ then have to wait a year for 1 more race that costs another 40$. The wait another year again.
Dawn of war took forever for content that modders just beat them to it.
Tho game wont have mods though.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 05:23:31 PM »
Ya really. Only 4 races?

Over 1 dozen human factions, with 4 different sets of unit skins in total + faction specific units.

I'd imagine making four completely different factions/species is a little more demanding.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 09:24:58 PM »
Perhaps, Patsy. But something tells me they'll go the DoW (part 1) route. First you have 4 races. Orks, Chaos, Smurfs, Eldar. Then you add one race in one expansion: another 15 quid (give or take, probably on the low end). Repeat that 3 more times until you get bored and then stop supporting the game.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 09:42:14 PM »

By this did you  mean Medieval 2: Total War?

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 10:32:51 PM »
Ya really. Only 4 races?

Over 1 dozen human factions, with 4 different sets of unit skins in total + faction specific units.

I'd imagine making four completely different factions/species is a little more demanding.

Not really. It honestly depends on how many units from each faction they will do. Will they seriously make every single type of elf?

The total war human factions....shouldn't be to hard. I mean you have guy on horse, guy on foot. But they had lots of different skins over the 20ish factions.

I don't even care much about the price of the game cause it will eventually go on sale. But the game is still like 2 years away from release and then if they have 1 DLC per year with 1 race its gonna be like 5 years until the game has everything. so like 7 years until the game is complete. One could argue that after 2 DLC the game gets some more replayable depth, which I agree with. But that is still like 4 years.
....now if they have DLC every 3 months.... that's a bit more to my liking.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:35:03 PM by The Peacemaker »

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 08:37:12 AM »
My fears have been laid to rest.

I saw some interviews and stuff from E3 about warhammer total war its looking pretty sweet.

Basically its going to be the first game and then 2 more stand alone expansions - another campaign map with more races and aplenty if you have the other games the maps will link up and get bigger.
So 3 games that are standalone and are comparable with each other to make a mega game.

First game is centered around the Empire with orks, dwarves, vampire counts.

The races do have a differnt way of playing on the campaign map with how their economies work and how they get units.
Big emphasis on quests and building up your heroes. Example they gave was that you start with Karl Franz and you go on the mission to attain Ghal Maraz from fighting at black fire pass.

On a side note. Its worth mentioning after watching interviews is that people seem to be really into the lore and background of the current warhammer world.
Its a big mistake for GW to throw that all out the window with EndTimes and this bubble world nonsense.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:39:31 AM by The Peacemaker »

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 09:01:32 AM »
If you can wade through this there's a lot of hype and screenshots ................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgIWhf8-SA
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 11:04:38 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 11:07:23 AM »
2 years ago, I played WOrld of Tanks,

I created a tank booth in my garage , with a cup holder, and 50'' TFT, with realistic tank controls, sub woofer and surround sound, and vibrating seat etc,  and after a 14 session with no food, fighting a re creation online against germans , world war 2 , lol, I decided never again , it was too much,

if the option had been there for intravenous drip and secession from the real world, I would have taken it and played on LOL

I haven't touched a game since ,

but this might be the killer that gets me back on the game chair!

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.