home

Author Topic: Local tourney results  (Read 3463 times)

Offline sammay23

• Members
Local tourney results
« on: July 22, 2013, 12:57:00 AM »
Took best general in a local tourney in Harrisburg, PA. I'll post reps as I can.

List was:

Lvl 4 Heavens, Scroll, 4++, barded steed
Captain, FP, Pegasus, VHS, Lance, Luckstone, Pidgeon Plucker Pendant
Captain, FP, Pegasus, Dawnstone, Enchanted Shield, Lance
Captain, FP, Pegasus, Sword of Might, Dragonbane Gem, Charmed Shield
Captain, FP, Pegasus, Lance, Dragonhelm, shield

3x6 Knights, Champ, Mu
1x6 IC Knights, FC

1x6 Reiksguard, Champ, MU
2x3 Demigryphs
1x3 Demigryphs FC, BoEF

1x Steam Tank

1st Battle vs. Brets
2nd Battle vs. Wood Elves
3rd Battle vs. Lizardmen
Bring out the mop and broom sammay.  I want to see you clean this house.

Offline Crankiebrell

• Members
Re: Local tourney results
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 04:49:59 AM »
and here i spent the day at Hershey Park up from Annapolis... the wife probobly would have noticed my absence though...

grats on the game! where did you play at? im always looking to expand my gaming radius.

Offline sammay23

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »
Adventurers Guild. It's a nice shop with many many tables. We had 12 or so running at the same time.

Website is here: http://www.theadventurersguild.com/

Offline polybus11

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »
I played over this weekend in NJ but I noticed that PA tourney on Dakka Dakka.  Our tourney was ruined by two Epidemius lists.

Offline polybus11

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »
Captain, FP, Pegasus, VHS, Lance, Luckstone, Pidgeon Plucker Pendant is illegal because Pideon Plucker and luckstone are both talismans.

Offline sammay23

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 02:12:51 AM »
Captain, FP, Pegasus, VHS, Lance, Luckstone, Pidgeon Plucker Pendant is illegal because Pideon Plucker and luckstone are both talismans.

Sorry... my mistake. No pendant on that build.

Offline sammay23

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 09:31:03 PM »
Okay, game 1 vs. Brettonians. (edit: for some wonderful reason, Battle Chronicler decided to take all the skills, fireballs etc and place them in the upper left corner of the map. Sorry for the missing descriptives!)

A good friend of mine waited to play round 1 against me, because I was stuck in traffic on my way from Boston to Harrisburg. We only got 4 turns in.

My list is posted above. His was:

Lord, 1+/5+, Heroic Killing Blow, +1 attack
Lvl 4, Heavens, 4++
Lvl 2, Heavens, Scroll
Paladin, some stuff
Paladin, some stuff
Paladin, some stuff

5xKnights of the Realm, Mu
5xKnights of the Realm, Mu
9x Knights of the Realm, FC
9x Knights of the Realm, FC
8x Questing Knights, FC
9x Grail Knights, FC, banner of discipline
2x Trebuchet

The tourney allowed us to give some core units special abilities. I took Hatred on my IC knights and Ambush on two of my small knight units. He had +1 AS on one of his KoTR units.

Deployment looked like this:

Brets won first turn.

Brettonians Turn 1

He prayed for his first turn, which ended up being a big mistake, I think.

Empire Turn 1

Given that he had placed the majority of his power in the center, I pushed up flanks with captasi and small knight units, looking to bait some charges from his chaff-killers and get my captains behind his lines. I kept the VHS captain back, with the hope that I'd get a sacrificial charge off at his Lord. Moved DG units and Stank up to deny him the ability to move forward without risking the charge. Magic would be low throughout the game. Tried and failed for a Chain Lightning. Tank nailed two Grail Knights, who failed their 5+ ward.

Brets Turn 2

He charges with his Questing Knights and I roll 1,2,1 and he gets 18" on the charge, catching and killing them. Bah! Bait flee with the CAptasus on the left flank... plenty of room to rally. He's cautious moving up, keeping 18" between his Lvl 2's unit and the two waiting DG units. He eyes the STank with nervousness but still moves his big blocks up. Magic, he pulls my dispel dice with Chain Lightning and then uses a boosted Wind Blast to send the Tank backwards 6". Nice move :) Drops one Treb shot on the tank, but only gets 2 wounds.

Empire Turn 2

Whole bunch of charges. Demis into his Questing Knights and VHS Captain into his lord's unit are the most important. Steam Tank has a mishap and can move but cannot shoot the cannon this turn. Roll poorly for tank movement. Lvl4 gets off a Harmonic Convergence on the Demis. They get 6 or 7 wounds at -3 through, but my opponent makes all but 2 saves. In return, his unit goes nuts, hitting us with 8 (I think) S6 wounds. Even with HC, I fail 3. Thankfully, I make the LD 7 roll to stick.

The speculum captain challenges. He accepts with his Lord. We swap stats... the only important one is initiative. With 4 S6 attacks, the cap gets incredibly lucky and punches 3 unsaved wounds through. Dead lord. I win combat but he's steadfast and makes his rolls.

Vanilla knights totally flub their rolls and fail to kill anything, AND lose 2 knights a piece. Oh, and the captain on the left rallies.

Brets Turn 3

Nothing too exciting happens. He charges his paladin out of his Grail Knight unit, who flubs his attacks. He gets off a bubble Harmonic Convergence. His Trebs miss. He turns one unit of KoTR around in an attempt to catch my cap as he tears through his artillery. Again, he was in a tough spot because advancing in the center meant setting himself up for a ton of bad charges. If he could break the DGs with his Questing Knights, he might have a shot at rolling my flank, but that combat ground on forever. His Lvl 4 successfully dropped a comet between my Reiksguard and IC Knights.

Empire Turn 3

Sooo many charges to make. With the KoTR unit's back to me, I decided it was worth risking failed charges and declared with both my DG units on the left. One made it in, getting a 10 with swiftstride. Magic was again very low. Moved everything at least 11" from where the comet would fall - it did, and hit nothing. My magic phase, I get off a bubble Harmonic Convergence. Demis and Questing Knights grind away. One Treb is crushed, and the captain successfully makes the overrun in to the other. I charge my Dawnstone Cap into his Grail Knights, with the hope of holding them from charging next turn. He kills one and, with the charge and flank, beats their rank and banner. They easily make their steadfast 9. On the left, the Demis kill the back rank of knights, but he still has a rank and is steadfast. He reforms to face, but cannot pull the Lvl 2 out of combat, since she is in base to base contact already.

Brets Turn 4

Charges as you see them. His Lvl 4 drops his own bubble Harmonic Convergence. Despite this, there is much making of armor saves all round in the center. Both units have HC up, and make save after save. On the left, the Demis have ground their way to his Lvl 2, who falls to attacks from two of them, while the other kills a third with no casualties in return. It's too much for the knights, who flee and are caught. The Dawnstone Captasus flees his Grail Knights, after a round of whiffing. They pursue, mostly to get away from the steam tank, but fail to catch him.

Empire Turn 4

We knew we were going to have to stop, so it was mostly getting whatever points were left that could be gotten. Dropped HC on the Demis fighting the Questing Knights, just to keep them alive (I'd given up on that combat). Charges as you see them.

Major victory to the Empire. Mostly due to Captasi :)

Offline matt217th

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 12:50:46 AM »
Good victory, loving the Captasi!  what a crazy idea.  Bet your opponents are a bit shocked when you plonk those down.
I am Catholic. Purgatory is the best I can hope for, in this and the next life.

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 10:04:10 PM »
Heh, did your Bret opponent comment that you play Brets better than his army? lol.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline sammay23

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »
Heh, did your Bret opponent comment that you play Brets better than his army? lol.

He and I have been trying to come up with a Bret list that is better than my all cav list, and haven't really been able to. Won't stop us from continuning to try. I still think there has to be a "green knight" list that is workable.  :?

Good victory, loving the Captasi!  what a crazy idea.  Bet your opponents are a bit shocked when you plonk those down.

So far, no one has really blinked at them when I've deployed 'em. It's only after turn two, when the caps have ruined any form of coherent battle plan that they take notice.

Offline Gunman006

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 01:31:53 PM »
Thanks, i really ennjoyed the battle report, especially the maps, and I learned new things that I want to try out  :smile2:

http://wargaming.no/

Government? You call this a government? It looks like something a deranged Snotling would come up with! - Bretonnian Ambassador to the Court of Emperor Karl Franz