home

Author Topic: My Very "Scientific" Method for selecting a province  (Read 1791 times)

Offline AJG

• Members
My Very "Scientific" Method for selecting a province
« on: June 15, 2009, 09:27:06 PM »
Ok I am attempting to start an Empire army and I really want to stick to the colors and fluff of whatever province I choose. So how can I go about organizing all of the information available in the library section along with any other source material I can get my hands on (the new Empire colors book, any RPG books I might find.)
Well this is what I came up with, it is a variation of an FMEA chart that is used in Six Sigma lean manufacturing, a very simple variation I might add. Anyway this is how it works.
I Created a column on the left side of a spreadsheet and I listed all of the provinces and city-states in the Empire.
I then created more columns going to the right. I made four new columns. I titled each of these four coulmns seperately as, Colors, Fluff, Unit Types and Province.
Then I assigned each one of these four titled columns a number value from 10 to 1, 10 being best. For me it was a 10 for colors, 8 for fluff, 5 for unit types, and 3 for province.
I now went through each of the listed province or city-state and gave them all individual scores in each of the 4 catagories ranging from 10 to 1.

To get a final score I did the following, I'll use Atldorf as an example;

Colors(10)   Fluff (8)   Unit types (5)  Province(3)
Atldorf-       10               2                8                    7           
Now I multiply each of the numbers, 10 x10, 8x2,5x8,3x7 for a total of 177.
I do all of the provinces this way and get a final score for each this helps me narrow my choices. So far Aveland, Nordland and the Ostermark are in the lead. But I don't have enough info on Marienburg to make a decision yet.
Well this is something I just did during a boring day at work that I thought I would share with everyone. Maybe someone just getting into the Empire can try it out for themselves if they are undecided.
Just title the columns and assign them point costs to suit your own interests.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Re: My Very "Scientific" Method for selecting a province
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »
I used a simpler method when I couldn't decide.   Use all of them.  Have a united Empire.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 11:53:29 PM »
I love how you did it at work.
 :icon_lol:
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 08:06:07 AM »
I like red white and black
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »
I used a simpler method when I couldn't decide.   Use all of them.  Have a united Empire.

I use an even simpler method: I just paint the colors I want, then figure out the rest later.
The first school of thought is that the ragged-assed Stirlanders, not having two coppers to rub together, nicked it when an elven envoy was passing through the area and had hopped off it to take a pee behind a tree

Offline Mathias von Hochland

• Members
  • Burninating since '03
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 03:31:26 PM »
That's a really good method AJG, using just a little maths tends to make most decisions easier (says the maths nerd...)

My province was chosen for me, I just randomly picked up an Elector Count blister from the rack, and he just so happened to be the Hochland one. Although like lots of people, I did try painting some talabheimers before then...
You, sir, command my respect for showing this amount of testicular fortitude!
Take me on in mortal combat!