home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 540010 times)

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #5125 on: February 01, 2017, 10:30:37 PM »
Well? It's 11.30 pm now, so you've had twelve hours to reflect on your first day.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #5126 on: February 02, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »
It's good. Nice colleagues, nice office, and my immediate boss seems very chill.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5127 on: February 08, 2017, 11:10:53 PM »
Placed an offer on a house, but Sellers went with a different offer. Boo!  :dry:
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5128 on: February 08, 2017, 11:11:26 PM »
Bad luck Karl!  :icon_sad:
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #5129 on: February 13, 2017, 01:46:01 PM »
Well my depression got me fully in its grasp now. It's looking... bleak. To say the least. Don't really see fun and joy in anything, and if I do, then it's only for a few minutes. Life sucks. Period.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5130 on: February 13, 2017, 01:55:10 PM »
This is plain rotten. Glad to see you back Xath! Been missing your commentary. I've been fighting some post incident depression that they warned me should happen and it sucks bigtime. Not too much seems to make sense but then we should realize that the people we influence are the hidden audience that they rely on you being there. Just be there! (My stupid advice and no others😺)
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5131 on: February 13, 2017, 02:05:13 PM »
Thanks Artobans. Yeah, I do think about my people, but even so - it only carries me so far.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #5132 on: February 14, 2017, 11:57:50 AM »
I haven't really dealt with depression, but have had anxiety problems.  I know that stuff is really tough and every second is a battle.  I can only encourage you to keep fighting.  I think reaching out to others is an amazing thing and though 'simple' is probably one of the biggest things you can do to help in your struggle.  I don't really have any advice to give, but if you need to talk to anyone feel free to message me.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5133 on: February 14, 2017, 12:29:28 PM »
Thank you Wissenlander, I will. I do try to reach out to other people, but sometimes it's hard. You just don't see a point, your brain is telling you that it simply isn't worth it. Of course it's all lies, but the fact that you're hearing this every, single day can be... taxing. A lot.

Gneisenau

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #5134 on: February 14, 2017, 02:14:20 PM »
Brain chemistry is so weird and very frightening when it does this stuff.  Just know there are people out there who care. 
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5135 on: February 14, 2017, 02:56:03 PM »
Sad to hear of your ongoing battle, Xath. I am not qualified by either experience or education to give advice, although I have seen plenty of friends fighting depression and I had some heavy bouts of doubt while 'losing my religion'. But if you will allow me to say something, based on my own experience, I suggest (as Wissenlander did) seeing the fight as exactly that, a fight, a battle, and promise yourself you are not going to lose. Depression is the enemy, the brain chemicals its soldiers - you can fight back with your true mind, the real you at the core of your being. Knowing your enemy helps, and knowing other people have won similar battles before does too. Find whatever tools you have - friends, family, strategies, activities, ideas - and nurture them to build up your defences and bolster your counterattack. Like others have offered, I am willing to be your ally.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5136 on: February 14, 2017, 03:04:35 PM »
Thanks Padre. I do appreciate your advice and will try to apply it to my situation. I'll be more than happy to accept your help.

Gneisenau

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #5137 on: February 14, 2017, 06:21:49 PM »
Rowsdower, damn, I can't even imagine what it's like with a family like that. My family has had its share of issues over the years (all hidden behind a front of petit-bourgeoise propriety, of course), but nothing remotely comparable.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5138 on: February 16, 2017, 01:10:52 AM »
Just got news that Stuart Maclean passed away from melanoma. He was a Canadian story teller on the radio with his show 'The Vinyl cafe'. Fictional story about a family from Toronto and the trials they go thru. Really a great Canadian thru and thru. I listened to his Saturday morning show for as long as I can remember and will greatly miss him. R.I.P.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #5139 on: February 20, 2017, 05:27:27 PM »
Warlord Games has switched its GUI to full mobile, and it's bad enough on desktop to make me forego browsing their webshop entirely.

Edit: It's so bad. Dumping desktop GUI design in the bin in favour of shit-tier hamburger drawers and gimped stack layouts is pure cancer.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:31:06 PM by patsy02 »
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5140 on: February 21, 2017, 10:29:10 AM »
Someone asked me if I was a vegetarian, and when I said no they were surprised because 'I look like one.'  :icon_confused:
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5141 on: February 21, 2017, 10:30:46 AM »
I'm confused why this in the unhappy thread, because your post made me happy.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5142 on: February 21, 2017, 10:34:33 AM »
Ha!

What is a vegetarian supposed to look like anyway? It was so weird.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5143 on: February 21, 2017, 10:37:21 AM »
Probably scrawny, ginger, tall, without shoes.
maybe wearing board shorts and a vest.

::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5144 on: February 21, 2017, 11:01:04 AM »
Oh!  :Ohmy:
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5145 on: February 21, 2017, 11:10:34 AM »
Although it's fun to troll you, It is weird to say someone looks like a vegetarian nowadays, it's fairly common.

I think the same's true even for vegans.

Peter Siddle (Australian cricketer, fast bowler) is vegan

2 good upcoming Brit wrestlers are vegan.
Bate's fricking ripped.

Pass the machete.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5146 on: February 21, 2017, 01:49:49 PM »
Are Brits required to be gentlemanly mustachioed?

I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5147 on: February 27, 2017, 11:43:01 AM »
One of my closest friends has Stage 4 lymphoma.   :cry:

She and I were close high school friends, she was my prom date and I was always crazy about her. She friend zoned me in my 20s when we reconnected after our higher education years.  Years later when I got engaged and told her,  she showed up at my house in tears angry that I didn't push to make her mine.   When I got married I put distance from her which I felt was the right thing to do in respect to my wife.    The years went by without a word between us but one day she dropped me a message and we have been emailing on occasion just checking in on one another.   Her world turned very dark, her husband left her for another woman, she got very sick and had a bumpy road and she moved to her folks to survive with a child.  Now shes got a little time left on this world.  Simply put, I'm devastated.  Probably venting here but I've been struggling with the pain and I really cant share it with anyone. 

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5148 on: February 27, 2017, 12:22:09 PM »
Sad news Grutch. No silver lining in that cloud at all. I feel for you in the utter powerless we have over this kind of thing.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #5149 on: February 27, 2017, 01:17:15 PM »
Well, this is the best place to vent about the callous cruelty that can be life.

The first part of the story feels very much like me and a girl during my time at university. Seperate paths as well, with the occasional little contact, but at least for both of us the path isn't dark at all (fervently knock on wood). I can imagine how rough it would feel if it would be her in such a situation.  :icon_sad:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT